• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Meditation] Mana Regeneration @Armor and Weps

V

Vaneca

Hello,

I was wondering something about mana regen in combination with armor and weps.
Obvisouly non medable armor stops you from actively meditating aswell as lowering your mps regenerating passively.

The question now is, whether thats the same with weapons.
Meaning,
ManaRegen wearing Non SC weapon = ManaRegen wearing Non Medable Armor?

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think weapons or shields have any effect on meditation or mana regen, if it's not spell channeling then it drops into your bag when you cast a magery or mysticism spell. I know a lot of archers have meditation because they don't need parry... and it doesn't seem to hurt them any. In my experience I would say it has no effect. One piece of non medable armor stops it quickly tho.

V

Vaneca

Yes, however mana regeneration is split in 3 different types.
active regen - use medi skill
passive regen - not using the skill
non medable

Technically a non-SC weapon/shield is non medable.
Meaning if it is equipped you´re not capable of "performing" the passive regen.
But I guess you could split hairs about that...
That probably means some experimenting is required to figure it out, if thats even possible :coco:

C

Cloak&Dagger

Yes, however mana regeneration is split in 3 different types.
active regen - use medi skill
passive regen - not using the skill
non medable

Technically a non-SC weapon/shield is non medable.
Meaning if it is equipped you´re not capable of "performing" the passive regen.
But I guess you could split hairs about that...
That probably means some experimenting is required to figure it out, if thats even possible :coco:
Holding a non-sc bow and using specials and casting Necro spells I find Meditation still works just fine. There is your test I suppose, 0 med = sucky regen while holding said bow, 120 med = great regen with same bow.