• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Malas Vendors & Ridiculous Prices...!!!!!

• Thread starter ChromaticDevil
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

ChromaticDevil

Kind of sick of going through inventory and seeing things like a barbed gorget with 12% LRC and 4-8% resistances for half a million gold... is anyone going to seriously pay that much? I'd rather buy a barbed kit for as much and make my own suit, wtf...

T

T_Amon_from_work

Agree ... but what I REALLY dislike are houses with 30+ vendors and ALL are empty except 2 - each one of them has a gold piece in it. LA Luna is a ghost town for reliable and reasonable vendors.

I hunt thru the countryside for deals ... and if I score exceptionally well, drop books all thru Luna with the coords and whose price they can beat. I refuse to pay ripoff artists IRL, why should I ingame?

R

RenaLynne

Why does it matter what price it is if you dont buy it? Youre telling me you couldnt find it elsewhere for cheaper? What I thinks funny is the fact that sometimes Luna prices are the same if not lower than vendor houses in the country. Not all the time of course but frequently enough that I dont understand why people complain about it all the time.:rant2:

T

T_Amon_from_work

Mebbe on your shard Luna is less than in the countryside, but here are some examples of deals I got OUTSIDE Luna:
1. Barbed Leather 70-69-70-70-70 suit plus a +5 Fire ring - 400K, best Luna price that came in high 60s was 500K or more
2. 100% LRC outfit - 250K when no Luna vendor had anything close to resists this one had (low 60s in all) for less than 750K
3. Bracelet of health ... Luna 6 mil, outside Luna, 3 mil, scored in auction @ 450K

Also, if you haven't ... look at my response to the OP. If ye be having vendors on your plot, do keep them stocked, you know? <shrug>

R

RenaLynne

Maybe not frequently less but most often the same price. I couldnt agree with you more about empty vendors, 2/3 of them usually are but same thing goes for other vendors also. I have a few great vendor houses that always have reasonable prices and are stocked but theyre mostly the exception not the rule. On LS we have a Luna vendor house that has AOF and Orny's for 30 to 40 mils. But they sit there, they have been sitting there for over 6 months. No one buys it for a reason, down the street, (still in Luna) theyre 7.5. So my point was people in Luna can charge whatever they want but that doesnt mean anyone's going to buy it.

C

ChromaticDevil

Don't forget the city runebooks with runes that all lead to the Despise dungeon. Sometimes I'll buy a runebook for "ML Dungeons" that all lead to some sheep farm, paid 10,000 for it.. ripoff.

S

Shanna

Luna is a mall and like all malls, everything is just a little more pricey but it's a one stop shop.

Just remember, if that gorget completed your all 70s LRC LMC 45DCI suit, wouldn't you pay whatever you could just to get it?