• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Makro question

F

Flinx

Hi,

i use UOA but want to use the ingame makro system of 2d.

Espacialy i´m looking for solutions to:

- honor a victim and say "all kill" for this victim with just one keystroke (also in UOA)
- cast greater heal on myself (one keystroke without UOA)
- vet my pet (one keystroke without UOA)

Can someone help me out?

thx!

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The heal one should be really simple--just line one, "Cast spell", "Greater Heal", and then second line "Target Self". (Might need to put a wait for target type thing in between, it's been a long time since I've done that sort of stuff.)

With the vetting, I use my last object/last target macro--pain in the butt, you have to make that you use the first bandage specifically, and then target you pet, but it saves extra clicks.

I have no idea on the honor one, don't know how honoring something works. I'm sure someone else can give much better suggestions for all three, as well.

C

cheerful

For the honor you need to scroll down quite a way and find 'invoke virtue' once you have that look to the right and find honor, apply and your done.

when you press your macro a cursor will come up that you can either use on yourself or on an opponent.

F

Flinx

For the honor you need to scroll down quite a way and find 'invoke virtue' once you have that look to the right and find honor, apply and your done.

when you press your macro a cursor will come up that you can either use on yourself or on an opponent.
Yes, i know how to invoke honor within a makro. My problem is to invoke honor and to say "all kill" to the same target with just one keystroke.

And for the GH. I´ve tested with pause and doesn´t get it working. Has anyone more exact information to this?

The UOA Makros are fine, but stop in the middle (Makro halted) when spamming them...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OK, someone will have to finish this, but to start with...

The invoke honor part of the macro is fine.
The second line should be "Wait for Targ"
The third line of the macro should be "Say", then in the box that shows up to it, type "all kill"
The last line should be "Last Target"

See if that works. if it doesn't you might have to put a deay in between the commands (never messed with the 2D's delay part of the macro).

F

Flinx

OK, someone will have to finish this, but to start with...

The invoke honor part of the macro is fine.
The second line should be "Wait for Targ"
The third line of the macro should be "Say", then in the box that shows up to it, type "all kill"
The last line should be "Last Target"

See if that works. if it doesn't you might have to put a deay in between the commands (never messed with the 2D's delay part of the macro).
That´s it in the theory. But only there.

I can´t even say where exactly the problem is. Sometimes "waitfortarget" seem not to work at all. Then a delay before "say" is ignored. Then the dealy has moved to the end of the macro as soon as i save it.

And with UOA i can´t even use "waitfortarget" Or am i missing something?

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

i use UOA but want to use the ingame makro system of 2d.

Espacialy i´m looking for solutions to:

- honor a victim and say "all kill" for this victim with just one keystroke (also in UOA)

Can someone help me out?

thx!

There's no good method to do this.

It is actually best with 2 macros, the reason is you want to select your target using honor. Then use last target with all kill. The first part is the problem, sometimes you need a longer time to target the mob using honor (esp when it's a fast mob that moves quickly). Many accidents can happen if you have just healed yourself (meaning you are the last target) and take too long to target the mob during the honor part.

You can train yourself to always hover your cursor over the mob first before hitting your macro. This way you should be fast enough, but still risky.

If you really need a single keystroke, use the advanced targetting and create a macro in UO (not UOA) to
Select nearest hostile
Invoke honor
Wait for target
Target last
Say all kill
Wait for target
Target last

This isn't ideal, since it only works if the mob is hostile to you.

Best method, record 1 macro in UOA to
Invoke honor
Target last
Say all kill
Target last

Record a second macro to use a dagger or something to bring up the target cursor.

When waiting for mob to spawn, play 2nd marco to activate cursor. Target mob quickly when it spawns. Then play 1st macro.

Create a UO macro to do the following:

Cast spell - Heal
Wait for target
Target self

Select Nearest - Follower
Bandage Target

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That´s it in the theory. But only there.

I can´t even say where exactly the problem is. Sometimes "waitfortarget" seem not to work at all. Then a delay before "say" is ignored. Then the dealy has moved to the end of the macro as soon as i save it.
Yes, when creating a macro in UO itself, the order of the lines can sometimes move around when you click apply. Also exit the macro screen and re-enter to verify that you macro is still accurate.

If not, just edit it again. Alternatively, edit the macros2d.txt file under "My documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\userdata\<your account name>\<your shard>\<your char name>.

And with UOA i can´t even use "waitfortarget" Or am i missing something?
UOA has an automatic wait for target. So no need to worry about it.

F

Flinx

Bandage Target
Thank you very much. That are great informations.

But the last one doesn´t work. I now use a UOA and have to reset the target with every other pet. The version from you would be perfect.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I typically set up pet-specific UOA macros for healing my 3 most commonly used pets, and even go so far as to have both bandage AND Greater Heal macros targeting my most commonly used Greater Dragon.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Bandage Target
Thank you very much. That are great informations.

But the last one doesn´t work. I now use a UOA and have to reset the target with every other pet. The version from you would be perfect.
If you mean the folloing doesn't work:

"
Bandage Target
"

Does it bring up the pet's health bar when you play this macro? If not, you need to enable the new targetting system (somewhere under options, but I can't remember off-hand).

What should happen is this -
1) Select Nearest - Follower
This brings up the health bar of the nearest follower. Follower includes all pets, summons, allured homanoids, hired npcs etc. So if you have 5 frenzied ostards with you, it will bring up the healthbar of the nearest frenzied ostard.

It will also set your current target (and last target in the UO client) to the pet that correspond to the healthbar. Note that it doesn't change your last target in UOA.

If no healthbar comes up, check the new targetting system as mentioned above.

2) Bandage Target
This will auto search your backpack for bandages and use it on your current target. Which is why the first step needs to be done first.

If it says no target selected (or something like that), that means step 1 did not run correctly.

Works best if you have only 1 pet. Not so well when you hunt with packs.

If you want to use UOA, my tamer has 2 vet macros -
Macro 1-
Use item - bandage type
Target pet

I will reset the target to whichever pet I am using as my tank. This is for quick vets.

If you are using 2 or more pets, you can determine which pet to use as your tank by stabling all your pets, then claim the stronger pet from the stables first. Whenever you give an all kill order, this is the pet that will attack first, which also means this is the pet the mob will defend itself against.

Eg, I love my Rune beetle/mare combo. However, the beetle has higher HP. So I stable both, claim the beetle first, then claim my mare. When I say all kill, the beetle will always attack a fraction of a sec earlier than my mare. Since he attacks first, the mob will try to kill him first.

Macro 2-
Use item - bandage type

This just brings up a vet cursor that will allow me to select which pet to vet.

Macro 3-
Cast GHeal (like Basara)

Manual target. This is in case I can't get near my pet (fighting shimmering/succubus) or if vetting isn't quick enough or if I need to vet 1 and gheal a second pet.

I assign my UOA macros to hotkeys ctrl+alt+F1 to F12. Then program my mouse buttons to press ctrl+alt+F1, ctrl+alt+F2, ctrl+alt+F3 etc.

F

Flinx

Does it bring up the pet's health bar when you play this macro? If not, you need to enable the new targetting system (somewhere under options, but I can't remember off-hand).
Great. That´s it!

The other makros i´ve nearly as described by you.

You helped me a lot. Its not so easy to start over a tamer after some years without UO. Now nearly everything is so, i can start fighting the stronger oponents.

The only problem remains is that i die a lot, espacialy from paragons, when i get agro. Without wrestling i´m disturbed within casting invis. And when riding away i can´t decide whether to cure/heal or first invis. But i think this is only a piece of traing and finding the right key in the right time. Probably i should use invis pots also ...

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great. That´s it!

The other makros i´ve nearly as described by you.

You helped me a lot. Its not so easy to start over a tamer after some years without UO. Now nearly everything is so, i can start fighting the stronger oponents.

The only problem remains is that i die a lot, espacialy from paragons, when i get agro. Without wrestling i´m disturbed within casting invis. And when riding away i can´t decide whether to cure/heal or first invis. But i think this is only a piece of traing and finding the right key in the right time. Probably i should use invis pots also ...
Glad I could help :)

I normally bring g.cure pots and orange petals for curing. You can hotkey using cure pots using uoa. Orange petals for those times when I go against multiple mobs that like to poison me eg champion spawns. I save the spell casting for invis.

You can do it the other way too, cast cure and drink invis. But there is no uoa hotkey for drinking invis pots so you need to record a macro in uoa. Besides, I prefer better control of exactly when to invis.

As to being interrupted, I cast protection to prevent myself from being interrupted. The -2 fc, magic resist penalty and physical damage resistance penalty I can live with.

To reduce paragons aggroing you, stand on the same tile as your pet when waiting for it to respawn. It will target your pet first this way.
Avoid running or teleporting within line of sighting of the paragon as well.

Or if you have a peace bard/tamer, even better.