• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Making a Bard

G

Hi all,

Need some info on which templates work well these days in terms of All Bardic skills + 2 more. I'm going to try and take all the skills on this char to 120!

I've looked at the template list at the top of the forum and nothing really jumped out as being the way I want to take this character

Also, is human or elf better?

Thoughts and suggestions welcome!!

G

I have a 4x Legendary Bard and have 120 Magery & 120 Eval as the other 2 skills. I wear a +16 Mana Regen suit to make up for lack of Meditation, but the changes a few months back required Med to get the same benefit I previously had has made me tweak my temp a little. I now have 120 Med that I swap out Peace for when doing Peerless. I keep peace and stone Med for normal duneon crawling and spawns. Another option is to take Med over Eval and rely on Summons, Mind Blast and Fire Horns to deal out damage.

G

Thanks for the advice! What kinda damage levels do firehorns do? At say, 4x GM, 4x Elder or 4x Legendary?

I'm thinking Magery as a definite - probably relying on summons/MB to finish off the critters that are left over.

5% Luck

My real problem with the 4x bard is peace wil counter act the provokation. You will end up undoing alot of hard earned work. To me peace is better for max damage templates where you have litle to no defence.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Magery would be the way I would go if your doing the 4x bard. With the right suit that has mana regen and LMC, you should be able to get by without Meditation. Your really not going to be casting spells all the time for the most part. You can always go to the test shard and try out different combinations to find one that fits your style of play.

As far as human or elf, that really is your preferance. Some people like the extra regen that the humans get from the jack of all trades, and others like the elf because they can wear more types of armour and have the extra boost to mana.

Is this the first bard you've played and what shard are you on, if I might ask?

S

Seismic

I'm not convinced the 4x120 "pure" bard is the way to go anymore. The template is just not versatile enough for the heavy duty areas (Doom, Peerless, etc).

I'm still trying to figure out what direction to go! GL to you..

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe spellweaving instead of peace could be your way? Etheral voyage could be used very similar to area peace.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
myself personally, ive allways hated peace.
ive just allways used invis.

so you can save 120 points there and either get some faster mana regen or pick up some spellweaving.

if course you wont be able to call yourself a 'pure bard' but hey, whats a title.

S

Seismic

Could also swap Peace for Eval Int so I can use ebolt, FS, etc. Would be a tough call between SW and Eval!

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have:

120 Disco
120 Provo
120 Music
120 Mage
120 Med
120 Eval

120 Peace.....STONED.

This template does well everywhere. As already mentioned, use invis instead of peace. About the only time I use the peace is on my tamer.