• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MAKE UO GREATER !

Vidiot

Visitor
Ill keep this short and simple Ive played since the beginning of time, and Ive had my breaks(always came back)
only to try free shards while my life's budget reorganizes its self. I have seen some amazing things that were a lot of fun for players far and wide as well as frustrating for others. How ever I am disappointed with lots of things OSI and Broadsword have done(sorry for pointing fingers).
Should I just shut up and keep playing the game I love almost more then life itself, or voice an opinion here and see what others have to say ?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just post here. It helps to vent and then be flamed via forums or ICQ..just don't threaten to cancel your account, you won't ever be able to log into it again :/...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vidiot

Visitor
Just post here. It helps to vent and then be flamed via forums or ICQ..just don't threaten to cancel your account, you won't ever be able to log into it again :/...

Thank you kind sir ! I appreciate your input and the time you took to post! -

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
As far as I can tell they really don't give a crap what we say. But if it makes you feel better... hey.

Vidiot

Visitor
As far as I can tell they really don't give a crap what we say. But if it makes you feel better... hey.
You're probably rite, like any company they will tailor to the market which makes them the most money.
nothing wrong with that as I do the same.
But as an example if you look at a free shard which implemented the option for tamers to add special abilities too there pets and level those abilities up as well as the pets themselves which evolve into stronger creatures, you have an option to make the game more fun for that type of player without actually spending all the time effort and money it would take to add something like an entire new expansion./?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
CORRECTIONS OSI stopped being OSI the day EA bought them and as long as EA owns UO then no matter who works on it it is always up to EA how things really go.

As far as your free server goes they can do what they want without caring about losing money, BS can't. You were not here then for the Tamer Nerf because just like in the old days Tamers and their pets RULED so the DEVs NERFed their pets. Tamers would be unstoppable and then they would nerf them, again or give other players buffs thus making the pets no better than what they were in the first place. So far nobody can figure how to split PvP and PvM apart and when you mess with one it overflows into the other.

I do not like the way some of the things have gone in UO but it is still the BEST thing out there hands down. People play free servers #1 because it is FREE and #2 IMHO they can't handle the REAL UO. Go to any free server and I am sure for the right amount of real money the owners will make you anything you want, now there is your true Pay-to-Win and please do not try to tell me that it does not happen.

Vidiot

Visitor
CORRECTIONS OSI stopped being OSI the day EA bought them and as long as EA owns UO then no matter who works on it it is always up to EA how things really go.

As far as your free server goes they can do what they want without caring about losing money, BS can't. You were not here then for the Tamer Nerf because just like in the old days Tamers and their pets RULED so the DEVs NERFed their pets. Tamers would be unstoppable and then they would nerf them, again or give other players buffs thus making the pets no better than what they were in the first place. So far nobody can figure how to split PvP and PvM apart and when you mess with one it overflows into the other.

I do not like the way some of the things have gone in UO but it is still the BEST thing out there hands down. People play free servers #1 because it is FREE and #2 IMHO they can't handle the REAL UO. Go to any free server and I am sure for the right amount of real money the owners will make you anything you want, now there is your true Pay-to-Win and please do not try to tell me that it does not happen.
good points , although I didn't start this to have a debate on she does he does , so I wont tell you that does or does not happen.
just want all the input and opinions people have as well as some of my own .
UO will always be #1 to me no matter if its OSI EA or Broadsword who runs/develops it.

Kartman

Adventurer
Hello, in way your right. I guess that Broadsword studios have there reasons. If you would like
to that your voice is heard than your welcome to share ideas, opinions about improving Ultima franchise or Ultima Online. If thats interest you than you can share here at "Stratics" or I would be pleased to hear from you and share video in Youtube or blog post. You can find in Youtube "CakeForge" / "What is CakeForge ?"
yours sincerely,
Kartman

Ill keep this short and simple Ive played since the beginning of time, and Ive had my breaks(always came back)
only to try free shards while my life's budget reorganizes its self. I have seen some amazing things that were a lot of fun for players far and wide as well as frustrating for others. How ever I am disappointed with lots of things OSI and Broadsword have done(sorry for pointing fingers).
Should I just shut up and keep playing the game I love almost more then life itself, or voice an opinion here and see what others have to say ?

Morgy123

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
never tryed an free chard me self but have payed for uo for over 11 years of the years i had my acc started 1999 january

think only reasen i play uo this days is i got so many lovely memoris in uo and well its a way for me to be little sosial
also i love trade in uo

but one of the biggest thing i dont like in uo this days is how all monsters is crap unless dev make them desirable
curently theres 2 spots or maby 3 that is of intrest to players to hunt
all the endless rest dont give jack wen it comes to loot and i find this to be rong

as soon as you make 1 spot better then evry thing else you focus all hunting there and yes i know that moust of this done so that players buy exspantions
they do this in all games and fail to realice that insted of adding endless new dundeons and new types of loot you shood be more focused on keaping players and make them happy not to leave
and only way to do this is to include evry one that hunt to have a way of hunting
and evry one that craft be needed for stuff
tamers needed for pets and so on
im not saying uo all bad is just uo needs to stop adding new stuff and insted make all of its land desirable to hunt in

lets do maths here yes you make sertan dollars on selling an exspantion and so on but how much dont you make on all that have active acc all year true
even if an player dont buy an single exspantion ever if he play for 10 years you still makeing a butt load of mola
and one thing that make allot stop playing is because they see they cant play the full game with out paying for all this exspantions and so to get the same rights to stuff as all others

uo now so complicated to play for an new playere he need to studdy the game for like 2 months befor he even know little of how to play

Vidiot

Visitor
I agree with you
never tryed an free chard me self but have payed for uo for over 11 years of the years i had my acc started 1999 january

think only reasen i play uo this days is i got so many lovely memoris in uo and well its a way for me to be little sosial
also i love trade in uo

but one of the biggest thing i dont like in uo this days is how all monsters is crap unless dev make them desirable
curently theres 2 spots or maby 3 that is of intrest to players to hunt
all the endless rest dont give jack wen it comes to loot and i find this to be rong

as soon as you make 1 spot better then evry thing else you focus all hunting there and yes i know that moust of this done so that players buy exspantions
they do this in all games and fail to realice that insted of adding endless new dundeons and new types of loot you shood be more focused on keaping players and make them happy not to leave
and only way to do this is to include evry one that hunt to have a way of hunting
and evry one that craft be needed for stuff
tamers needed for pets and so on
im not saying uo all bad is just uo needs to stop adding new stuff and insted make all of its land desirable to hunt in

lets do maths here yes you make sertan dollars on selling an exspantion and so on but how much dont you make on all that have active acc all year true
even if an player dont buy an single exspantion ever if he play for 10 years you still makeing a butt load of mola
and one thing that make allot stop playing is because they see they cant play the full game with out paying for all this exspantions and so to get the same rights to stuff as all others

uo now so complicated to play for an new playere he need to studdy the game for like 2 months befor he even know little of how to play
I totally agree! just another example , from my thoughts. i have seen something called monster of the month on said free shard , something like this is simple
and could bring alot of fun for all player types, ( have monster of the month drop rare cloth or an item it doesnt need a high drop rate just something fun for everyone to do ( if its the pk looking for pvmers to kill or the Pvmers looking for new loot or things to farm instead of their usual grind )

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vidiot

The management of Stratics does not allow for any meaningful discussions.
They use a the safe calm space as there argument to avoid discussions

The sooner this political correctness BS is done with the sooner we can get on with life.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with you

I totally agree! just another example , from my thoughts. i have seen something called monster of the month on said free shard , something like this is simple
and could bring alot of fun for all player types, ( have monster of the month drop rare cloth or an item it doesnt need a high drop rate just something fun for everyone to do ( if its the pk looking for pvmers to kill or the Pvmers looking for new loot or things to farm instead of their usual grind )

i suggested that to replace the event drops. I honestly don't understand why they want a lag fest to get the best items in the game.

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

I don't really think ppl play on freeshards because they can't handle the REAL UO or just because of the fact they are free.
IMO ppl go to freeshards just to feel another "UO experience" there, not that they can't face real UO but because they want to play another gameplay that feets more what they want
For example: I see LOTS of players on this freeshard that Vidiot mentioned that are old OSI players. The way I see is that those players just couldnt accept what oficial uo become(item based/trammel/insurance) because they had a totally different experience of gameplay when they started here pre-aos for example and they can experience it again on this freeshard...

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't really think ppl play on freeshards because they can't handle the REAL UO or just because of the fact they are free.
IMO ppl go to freeshards just to feel another "UO experience" there, not that they can't face real UO but because they want to play another gameplay that feets more what they want
For example: I see LOTS of players on this freeshard that Vidiot mentioned that are old OSI players. The way I see is that those players just couldnt accept what oficial uo become(item based/trammel/insurance) because they had a totally different experience of gameplay when they started here pre-aos for example and they can experience it again on this freeshard...
Pretty much. I made a char on an AoS era one a few months ago and ran into a guildmate from back in the day. Stopped playing it, and I'm not sure if he's still active in it or not. But I got bored with it, since I didn't feel like working from the ground up to get fully established, get gear, etc. I might go take another look at it and see what's changed, but meh. While I don't mind current UO (well, for the most part), the AoS/SE/early ML era was more fun for me.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i suggested that to replace the event drops. I honestly don't understand why they want a lag fest to get the best items in the game.
If they did the whatever rotation it would be camped 24/7 by a BOT and everyone would be here screaming about it.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they did the whatever rotation it would be camped 24/7 by a BOT and everyone would be here screaming about it.
That boss could be random so they wouldn't know. They changed the bosses before with the turkey's a while back.
I would add the harry being the most likely boss. Because it is "camped"

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That boss could be random so they wouldn't know. They changed the bosses before with the turkey's a while back.
The suggestion was do it for 1 month with the same monster so after 1 day the BOTS would be there for the next 29 days and they would just rinse and repeat to the next one. It would be no different than the BOTS that were in Blackthorn until it lost its flavor.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even if they make it the Harrower, it's still not an issue. You'd just need a sampire to AI spam it to death, a bard there to disco it and the tentacles/run peacing masteries, and MAYBE another person there for extra healing.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never ever ever ever add the turkeys again!

Vidiot

Visitor
thanks too everyone for reading and posting , you all have great input and views. KEEP THEM COMING !
from what Ive gathered over they years as people left and never returned the development team has shrank as well , with a small player base (and dwindling funds) , they are left with no choice but to tailor (like i said before) to the majority of players who have multiple accounts and stay around the longest (as well as what they want too being who they are of course?). fair enough (better that then have EA close UO all together) but why be selfish or leave out gamers like the solo players or even people that want to bot(as you call it) I have heard every argument and I am not asking for reasons. I would like them (who ever they are) to Make UO GREATER and listen to players or even look into other games who in all reality built theirs from the originals like Ultima Online(not talking about free shards I am talking about every game that was made afterward (because I still see games being created today trying to recreate what Ultima Online once started) if any of that makes sense. I will end this post now for my time is running out, but I would like to say one thing after watching what I recall as a recorded birthday party/anniversary for UO a few years ago (with a cake cutting or what not) inside a room with said developers disgusted me, and made me not want to play ever again. I could be taking it personally and maybe to far but this is not just a game to me its been a big part of my life and something that has got me in and out of trouble since i was young and probably a contributing factor to who I am today.

P.s
I'm not trying to insult anyone or belittle the game , I love this **** to death. And for that I thank every last one of you (developers, players, game masters , and everyone and anyone who has ever been involved with Ultima Online)

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never ever ever ever add the turkeys again!

I'm pointing out the bosses can be changed out. Not that we should have turkey's.
I frankly don't care other then make the bosses a lot harder then they are.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pointing out the bosses can be changed out. Not that we should have turkey's.
I frankly don't care other then make the bosses a lot harder then they are.
Yea I was just reiterating I never want to see those ugly S-O-B's again in UO..unless it's some RP crap.

Morgy123

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
well i have a way around bots biggest problem with bots is they have stuff that is the same always so make monsters spawn in random dungeon evry day say for one hour a spot so you infact have to move to hunt then make an anounsment in town cryer were the spawn is and how long its last and why only have dugeons we got islands and evry thing can do it in both fel and tram just make the spawn desirable so guys realy want to hunt it
and for the bosses for the ones that like that have bell or some ring it and poff you sent to a random boss enounter
also make it like stuff were you have to pick up from one spot and move it to a random location to get reward and you have so much problem makeing it a botted stuff that non would make a bot for it

an nice one would be to loot say 20 armor parts from monsters and then run not recall to one of the harbor masters for a town reward but do it in a pick loot quest so the harbor master would be random

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stuff your overpowered supergear in a chest and hunt with basic 70s resists suits and GM made weapons, you'll make the monsters a lot harder and no dev time needs to be wasted.
I understand the sentiment...but I can afk almost every spawn minus oaks. That's partially due to me being lazy in making fey weapons though. Instead of increasing spawn or difficulty it could be scaled a bit differently. I personally think it would be fun to leave the static Spawns alone, remove T2A completely from the UO Spawns cycle..it's useless. Turn T2A into a champion spawn gauntlet. There's 25 levels and you pop a harrower. All levels are randomized..

Wave 1-5 : Random Level 1 spawn
Wave 6-10: Random Level 2 spawn
Wave 11-15: Random Level 3 Spawn
Wave 16-20: Random Level 4 Spawn
Wave 21-25: Random Boss'
....The Harrower emerges!

Maybe add skulls to turtle, lich, abyssal and revamp star room and that would be where the True Harrower would spawn. Increase his difficulty, give him more attacks and make him more difficult.

..that would promote group play, you'd have to carry multiple slayers, more more mindlessly watching a movie with a script or nickel in space bar going afk cause it's stupid easy till level 4, and with a solid group it would take about an hour to complete. The raids would be a glorious site!

Waves 1-10 chances of pink's, 105's, 110's
Waves 11-20 chances of pinks, 110's, 115's Spawn Random crap they drop(i.e.:turn in stuff)
Waves 21-25 chances of 1.0, 3.0 pinks, 110's, 115's, 120's, Champion Artifacts.

...or that's probably just wasting time. Let's just have them add a 40% too big shower head for my claw bathtub!! I hope it's animated with coins!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Vidiot

The management of Stratics does not allow for any meaningful discussions.
They use a the safe calm space as there argument to avoid discussions

The sooner this political correctness BS is done with the sooner we can get on with life.
I've had many praises and harsh criticism of all things UO related. The only time I've gotten in trouble here was when I crossed the line and *knew* I crossed the line. Stay on topic and don't make it personal and everything is fine. I don't recall anyone ever posting we aren't allowed to complain about taming or rares collecting or whatever. If one just wants to pancake in broad terms that Mesanna is clueless and call people names then yeah, nothing constructive there. That's not gonna work out so good.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're probably rite, like any company they will tailor to the market which makes them the most money.
nothing wrong with that as I do the same.
But as an example if you look at a free shard which implemented the option for tamers to add special abilities too there pets and level those abilities up as well as the pets themselves which evolve into stronger creatures, you have an option to make the game more fun for that type of player without actually spending all the time effort and money it would take to add something like an entire new expansion./?
Yes, but you see, the only reason they can add in stuff like that is because they stole the game. The dev team could never match any of those free shards because they inherited it, rather than stole it. :gee:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had many praises and harsh criticism of all things UO related. The only time I've gotten in trouble here was when I crossed the line and *knew* I crossed the line. Stay on topic and don't make it personal and everything is fine. I don't recall anyone ever posting we aren't allowed to complain about taming or rares collecting or whatever. If one just wants to ***** in broad terms that Mesanna is clueless and call people names then yeah, nothing constructive there. That's not gonna work out so good.
Just another poster obsessed with supposed "pc-ism" boogymen. People are constantly critical of things in game, and as long as no one is being an out and out ass, the treads don't get locked.

The only thing stopping any discussion around here is the behavior of those discussing.

Vidiot

Visitor
More useful ideas
Code in a Butler - that can be preset to restock your inventory with the click of a button ! everyone would love to suit up in seconds and get back into the world of UO ! no >?

Vidiot

Visitor
forget my ideaas and remember my name , broad sword has brought alot of good **** too the game that i didnt know of being freshly back to it @!@ woot keep up the good work everyone !!! cant wait for more dope changes !

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stay on topic and don't make it personal and everything is fine..

Clearly you haven't followed the mass baseless banning of 2016 that was called "the list"
Included on that list where two people that put thousands into buying Statics and myself for which they claim I said but never did months earlier.

In order to talk about it we had to go to a different site. That was including the management of this site.
A civil lawsuit was claimed to have been filed against the two that put thousands into stratics.

Last edited:

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Next Uo characters, she will be a pathological liar, he wont pay his vendor fees, he takes a space ship to mars.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC:
Re: Mars: Look up "Martian Dreams." Mars is probably the next Ultima Online expansion.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Clearly you haven't followed the mass baseless banning of 2016 that was called "the list"
Included on that list where two people that put thousands into buying Statics and myself for which they claim I said but never did months earlier.

In order to talk about it we had to go to a different site. That was including the management of this site.
A civil lawsuit was claimed to have been filed against the two that put thousands into stratics.
I would ask what the hell your talking about, but I don't really care. So you were banned from Stratics but your posting here? Wait ... go back to my first statement. I don't wanna know.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're faith in this site is just adorable.
Faith has nothing to do with it. I speak only from my personal experience. I have never had a thread locked, and any locked threads I have seen deserved to be locked because either they had devolved into petty bickering, or had simply derailed so severely that it was pointless to go on. I got banned once, but I deserved it, and I posted fully expecting to get a ban.

The real problem is that some people either don't realize they are ruining threads, or worse feel entitled to be allowed to ruin threads, so when they do get a post deleted or a thread locked they cry foul. The infamous "list" for example... pretty much everyone on it was a serial offender of one of these two types.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I can remember everyone on that list was either a purposeful troll or a serial thread derailer/conflict igniter.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Serial thread derailer... gonna ponder that one a bit. Okay I accept that phrase lol
It's not such a huge deal to me, but I understand wanting to keep **** on point. I have been a regular poster on some MB's that were just straight up wild west, with little to no moderation, and it just ends of a morass of off topic rants, meta posting (including people with multiple accounts playing forum "characters", posting and replying to themselves to ruin threads) and just straight up hatred fueled insult fests.

It rendered the forums almost unusable for their intended purpose; the simple discussion of a shared interest.

Last edited:

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I can remember everyone on that list was either a purposeful troll or a serial thread derailer/conflict igniter.
You just derailed the thread. Do you do this often?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You just derailed the thread. Do you do this often?
Well, to be more accurate, I helped continue the derailment you started, I did so to counter the argument that no meaningful discussion can be had on the site (which is nonsense), to encourage the OP to keep the conversation going.

That said, sure, everyone derails threads from time to time, and so long as it's not your mission in life, as it seems to be with some people, it's not a big deal.

But, you're right, enough said.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, to be more accurate, I helped continue the derailment you started, I did so to counter the argument that no meaningful discussion can be had on the site (which is nonsense), to encourage the OP to keep the conversation going.

That said, sure, everyone derails threads from time to time, and so long as it's not your mission in life, as it seems to be with some people, it's not a big deal.

But, you're right, enough said.
Ok, then you're a serial thread derailer with the intent of causing purposeful conflict. Those from "the list" from what you said were either a purposeful troll or a serial thread derailer/conflict igniter.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
[QUOTE="serial thread derailer/conflict igniter.[/QUOTE]

Well Uvtha, you've certainly got something there ;) Few times can we point back to the origin of a phrase. My son has a vigorous argument that he invented the "word" woot. But has no hard proof.