• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Make option to Show Spell Names next to Words of Power

F

Fat Lip

When a spell is cast, give us the option to show spell names next to their words of power. For example:

Kal Ort Por - Recall

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
if you have custom mods they are in the userinterface folder! this is where you would want to put it, also if you have not done so I would unzip the default zip in this folder and install it in the userinterface folder then put the mod you want in there ( it may need to go in the source folder i cant remember for sure I use CE mod)

then when you load the client go to options and select the mod you want from the drop down menu and hit apply

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also if you have not done so I would unzip the default zip in this folder and install it in the userinterface folder then put the mod you want in there ( it may need to go in the source folder i cant remember for sure I use CE mod)
Noo! Don't do that! Stop telling people to do that! Bad Storm! Bad! :twak:

If you do that, you risk not getting updates (or worse, having a completely broken UI) whenever EA patches the client.

If you don't have any skins, create a new folder under the UserInterface directory (call it whatever you want - this is what the skin will be called in the game). Under that folder, create a Mods directory.
Extract the OverheadSpellTransform, CustomSettingsWindow, CustomSettings, and CustomLocalization mods into the Mods directory.

So you'll have...

/UserInterface/Your Skin Name/Mods/
/UserInterface/Your Skin Name/Mods/OverheadSpellTransform/(all the OverheadSpellTransform files)
/UserInterface/Your Skin Name/Mods/CustomSettingsWindow/(all the CustomSettingsWindow files)
/UserInterface/Your Skin Name/Mods/CustomSettings/(all the CustomSettings files)
/UserInterface/Your Skin Name/Mods/CustomLocalization/(all the CustomLocalization files)

Then load up the game, click the "Custom UI" button, and select "Your Skin Name" from the list.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Both the Copper Enhanced/Stones(?) and Lucis Interface include this functionality. I would strongly suggest you try one of the two (although Lucis is broken right now because of the update). But both have many nice little features, and going back to the default after getting used to them is a bit of a shock... :)

edit: actually they are both broken and have the same problem.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

What's broken in Stone/Copper?
It's doing the same thing Lucis Interface is, or it was. Many of the hotbars were resetting their length to ten. I'm not sure if Copper is working now, the problem is fixed, but Lucitus has to fix it in his code as well, so I'm guessing you may need to also. I think something to do with the way the length of hotbars is saved was changed. Maybe a variable name or something like that. You could ask Lucitus, B-Teng explained it to him.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The patch should fix it as Stone and Copper do not use the file and thus revert to the Default version. I checked the file listings after seeing Bteng's posts.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Noo! Don't do that! Stop telling people to do that! Bad Storm! Bad! :twak:

If you do that, you risk not getting updates (or worse, having a completely broken UI) whenever EA patches the client.

If you don't have any skins, create a new folder under the UserInterface directory (call it whatever you want - this is what the skin will be called in the game). Under that folder, create a Mods directory.
Extract the OverheadSpellTransform, CustomSettingsWindow, CustomSettings, and CustomLocalization mods into the Mods directory.

So you'll have...

/UserInterface/Your Skin Name/Mods/
/UserInterface/Your Skin Name/Mods/OverheadSpellTransform/(all the OverheadSpellTransform files)
/UserInterface/Your Skin Name/Mods/CustomSettingsWindow/(all the CustomSettingsWindow files)
/UserInterface/Your Skin Name/Mods/CustomSettings/(all the CustomSettings files)
/UserInterface/Your Skin Name/Mods/CustomLocalization/(all the CustomLocalization files)

Then load up the game, click the "Custom UI" button, and select "Your Skin Name" from the list.
I think You misunderstood what i was saying or i did not say it well Gildar!

I should have mentioned naming it but sometimes I assume to much!

and I have never had a problem with mine, I named mined default one !

anyway did not mean to confuse anyone!:stretcher:

While we are on the subject Gildar it would be a great Idea to write up some simple instructions for doing things like adding mods and i can sticky it ! so we can just point people to the sticky thread?

Maybe Dermott? or one of you modders who would volunteer?

I would do it but as you see i am not very good at writing things up Thats why you dont see me posting guides ;-) besides it hurts getting Twaked

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While we are on the subject Gildar it would be a great Idea to write up some simple instructions for doing things like adding mods and i can sticky it ! so we can just point people to the sticky thread?
Once I get some time.

Phew... all caught up...
Now back to work after that nice little break.