• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Make IDOCs like they used to be

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so tell me again ....mr.''im not greedy honest guvnor''

what advantage as the new random system got over the original- apart from the obvious ones

1. that its better for the afk scripters who are loving the change...
2. oh and maybe the idle idocer who cant be bothered to simply time the fall and would rather wait 7-8 hours...because they only have to wait 4-5 hours now....dohhhhh

yadiman

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree that the new system is worse, but BOTH of them are horrible systems that no game would copy.

So why not fix the issue now instead of toying around / making insignificant changes to a bad system.

We can already trade houses with contents inside, so an auction system shouldn't be that much more. (not sure about programming the other options but there's at least 1 there)

and if they change it back to how it was previously, are they just admitting that it's always going to be a bad system? If they change it back tomorrow, but then change it again in 6 months to a better system, are you going to complain?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Honestly I wish they would find a way to stop folk from exploiting the young player status. Honestly this sort of thing is getting out of hand. I saw no less than 10 "young" players all very obviously being multiboxed by ONE individual... speed loot an entire house...

But then I keep having to ask myself over and over ... Why? Is it Greed? What are they really after when a house falls? Treasures? Turn in Points? Are they selling this stuff to make gold to make RL money? Is this something they are doing to make a supplemental income off of? They aren't selling the plots... at least not on my shard unless maybe it's IN Luna or a Castle perhaps... If it's greed and all then the gold has to be going for something... Is it to buy up all these bloatedly overpriced rares is that why they feel the need to "get" every decent drop from a house? What is it they are really doing this for? Is this how they get their rocks off in game is to cheat and exploit to get all the riches from a house?????? If that's it where is it all going? What exactly is happening with all the crap they are constantly always getting?

I'm going to guess that it's GREED... pure and simple. Sadly this game seems to be more and more about the greed... and less and less about the community and the people. It's quickly becoming a game filled with solo players who want everything... instantly... don't want to work for anything... and want to make a profit off of everything. All about the profit.

So then I have to wonder... WHO is buying all this crap that makes these other folk feel the need to be so overly greedy that they require 11 or 12 accounts to multibox constantly to get all this gold to turn to RL cash??? I don't know... can't understand it. All I know is that I must be doing something wrong trying to play by the rules... and ToS...

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You will always be at a disadvantage playing by the rules in UO. If they just openly banned a couple people for violating TOS it would ease the craziness that's occurring.

The auction of an idoc is the worst idea on how to fix the problem. No offense meant but the price of rares directly impacts the overblown inflation in the game. While I have a couple billion gold to my name there are people who have well over 60 billion on vendors. If there is an idoc with rares valuing in the 20 billion range only a handful of people will be able to compete and the winner would turn around and liquidate the rares for a profit.

It stinks searching for IDOCS and finding one with a two story statue and knowing you might as well pretend it is not there as even with a great internet connection (I ping in the 5-8ms range on Atlantic) there is no chance of beating someone running a script. I have to resign myself to grabbing a non descript chest and hope to score.

I think if they were to completely eliminate IDOCS it would run a large number of players out of the game. IDOCS and rares are really the only thing that makes UO different. If you want to PVP or PVM you can find numerous other games that do it way better.

They should limit all free accounts to new haven and have all homes in decay mode turn private. While that would not completely eliminate what's occurring it would curb it a bit. Or they should just allow everyone to script. If they cannot or will not stop it all players should be on the same footing.

They should work very hard at keeping their loyal and paying customers happy. A year ago on Atlantic when basically any house fell someone would place. But today there are numerous non 18x18 plots vacant and tons of 18x18's for sale. As the population slowly winds down they should try hard to keep the legit players happy.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the last statemnet sums it up....and still no dev comment??

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the last statemnet sums it up....and still no dev comment??
We know from comments made in other threads that this forum is read, so it becomes clear that no comment will be made. Now while this thread was created primarily about idocs the one complaint theme consistently running through it concerns scripters. As there has been no comment the inference, to me, is that they are either uninterested, unwilling or unable to comment or take action against cheats. When blatant cheating is taking place which contravenes their own rules it is difficult to understand that sort of attitude. Nevertheless it does seem to prevail currently.

An interesting comment was made by Blood Ghoul in his post 'Or they should just allow everyone to script. If they cannot or will not stop it all players should be on the same footing.' In the light of what appears to be the stance of the arbiters of our game this comment has validity. Any evidence of their ability or willingness to combat scripting is totally lacking.

I said in another post some time ago, that I could not remember the last time I saw ANY comment from above concerning what might or intended to be introduced to combat scripting and the reason is, I am afraid, glaringly obvious, NOTHING is being or is being proposed to be done.

Attachments

Last edited:

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The devs are not going to comment and what do you expect them to say? "Uh we are aware of this issue and have been for the last decade" or "We are going to ban anyone at a IDOC cause the systems don't allow us to clearly identify scripters(which is doesn't)" or "SHUT UP THP you have our answer via the silence in the room" or "I don't get paid enough for this crap and I'm over to WoW" or "We are working on a plan to identify these people and will let you know shortly what we are going to do(while laughing)" or "We are going to revert this back to the old way because 4 people are butt hurt that they can't pick over the bones of former players".

Give it up already.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Erm just a simple dev post.... stating why they actually changed the old system that was working fine for everyone...i guess.

pretty easy ask methinks

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The devs are not going to comment and what do you expect them to say? "Uh we are aware of this issue and have been for the last decade" or "We are going to ban anyone at a IDOC cause the systems don't allow us to clearly identify scripters(which is doesn't)" or "SHUT UP THP you have our answer via the silence in the room" or "I don't get paid enough for this crap and I'm over to WoW" or "We are working on a plan to identify these people and will let you know shortly what we are going to do(while laughing)" or "We are going to revert this back to the old way because 4 people are butt hurt that they can't pick over the bones of former players".

Give it up already.
How hard can it be to track a couple of item ids over a week? Those young accounts are not going to bank their findings :rolleyes: I rather guess they face some players with tons of accounts, which they won't ban to keep the monthly income.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How are they to prove that the young account took that specific item id? What if they sold it to you or I next day which then results in a ban or infraction?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Restrict trial accounts to New Haven and Test Center. Many problems solved.
I don't think they should do that but I do think perhaps they should restrict them to perhaps their own shard. New and trial accounts perhaps should start on a special shard that they can "transfer" off of when they are no longer "young". When they become a full fledged character... They should be "transferred" to a regular shard just like if you went red you'd go to Fel.... Lose the Young status then you get the chose a shard gump. Perhaps they could be warned that their next log in they will have to chose a shard. Allow the new Advisers to be on that new shard but not allow other folk on it. It should be filled with things that help new and young players learn the game. Kinda like our old Haven was years ago restricted. Then if they chose to pay the account they can move. Would be like doing a character transfer only all their characters would transfer to a regular shard at once or they could chose to remake them... but then eliminate young players and "free" accounts from regular shards.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think they should do that but I do think perhaps they should restrict them to perhaps their own shard. New and trial accounts perhaps should start on a special shard that they can "transfer" off of when they are no longer "young". When they become a full fledged character... They should be "transferred" to a regular shard just like if you went red you'd go to Fel.... Lose the Young status then you get the chose a shard gump. Perhaps they could be warned that their next log in they will have to chose a shard. Allow the new Advisers to be on that new shard but not allow other folk on it. It should be filled with things that help new and young players learn the game. Kinda like our old Haven was years ago restricted. Then if they chose to pay the account they can move. Would be like doing a character transfer only all their characters would transfer to a regular shard at once or they could chose to remake them... but then eliminate young players and "free" accounts from regular shards.
Are you insane? They should code this crap because 3 people have to compete with smarter people over IDOCs?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heck make it like Siege used to be. You had to disavow your young status to start on Siege, hell you couldn't even find the shard on the selection menu until you did that. Do something like that with youngs on the production shards.

All players start in New Haven and to leave the island (gates or ship) you have to either run out of young time, or renounce the status. Now you will no longer need to worry about youngs doing anything but learning the game...la

yadiman

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So because the bad IDOC system is being abused by trial accounts, yall want BS to limit what trial accounts can do, instead of just getting rid of the ridiculous IDOC system.

Blizzard / WoW cannot stop the scripters... What makes you think UO can?

Don't hurt trial accounts so a few vultures can be happy.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so tell me again ....mr.''im not greedy honest guvnor''

what advantage as the new random system got over the original- apart from the obvious ones

1. that its better for the afk scripters who are loving the change...
2. oh and maybe the idle idocer who cant be bothered to simply time the fall and would rather wait 7-8 hours...because they only have to wait 4-5 hours now....dohhhhh
It is pretty easy to understand why the new system is 1000x better if you are able to look at something impartially.
IT IS RANDOM IT IS RANDOM IT IS RANDOM
I know you are unable to comprehend this THP but idoc loot belongs to nobody. Nobody has any divine right to it.
When someone's entire UO existence falls to the ground it is a sad event and nobody should be able to set an alarm clock to pick it up for their own personal gain.
What some people in this thread seem to conveniently forget is that idocs were always random and were always supposed to be random. They never fell to the exact minute as far as I can remember. They never advertised exactly when they were going to fall for a reason.
Unfortunately they were never random enough as evidenced by pro idoccers setting alarm clocks so now the devs have corrected that.
Cheating is a completely separate issue and the people on this board consumed by cheating to the point where they seem to not be able to enjoy any aspect of the game(and there are more then a few of those wackos)will never be able to discuss anything impartially so imo their opinion means nothing.
How many people rant on here about cheating and don't even play anymore? Too many.
Funny thing though is that every major MMORPG has the same % of cheaters so I don't know where they end up or what they expect?
Cheating sucks but it exists everywhere. Deal with it & report it when you see it or just don't play maybe. But please stop tainting rational discussions with your obsession maybe?

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just make the area like.in VvV open for attacks on all facets.. around the idoc for 2 hrs..

young would be included.. but keep em random

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is pretty easy to understand why the new system is 1000x better if you are able to look at something impartially.
I know you are unable to comprehend this THP but idoc loot belongs to nobody. Nobody has any divine right to it.
When someone's entire UO existence falls to the ground it is a sad event and nobody should be able to set an alarm clock to pick it up for their own personal gain.
What some people in this thread seem to conveniently forget is that idocs were always random and were always supposed to be random. They never fell to the exact minute as far as I can remember. They never advertised exactly when they were going to fall for a reason.
Unfortunately they were never random enough as evidenced by pro idoccers setting alarm clocks so now the devs have corrected that.
Cheating is a completely separate issue and the people on this board consumed by cheating to the point where they seem to not be able to enjoy any aspect of the game(and there are more then a few of those wackos)will never be able to discuss anything impartially so imo their opinion means nothing.
How many people rant on here about cheating and don't even play anymore? Too many.
Funny thing though is that every major MMORPG has the same % of cheaters so I don't know where they end up or what they expect?
Cheating sucks but it exists everywhere. Deal with it & report it when you see it or just don't play maybe. But please stop tainting rational discussions with your obsession maybe?
except the afk scripters win win win win win win ...with no or little competition....plz try to understand this

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
except the afk scripters win win win win win win ...with no or little competition....plz try to understand this
afk scripters win win win when they are mining and farming gigantic amounts of resources/ingredients but nobody is yelling at the devs to change that game mechanic.
Hrmmmm, I wonder why?
Ohh, because the people doing idocs really don't give a crap about cheating. They just give a crap about reselling other peoples items lol.
You are so obtuse THP that I will no longer try to reason with you :)

Xelious Norwood

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not make IDOCs explode. Who can stand in a home or building or even next to it in real life when one collapses. If you make an insta kill radius of like 10 tiles it might just be the perfect fix. Just an idea.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Huh?
Hawkeye a house for days? You say that like it is hard work or especially time consuming to recall to a spot a few times a day lol.
I did some pretty serious idoccing in the past and do not ever recall any part of it being hard work lol. Unless you are one of those UO nutjobs that considers idoccing his/her profession and does it 24/7. In that case it is and should be time consuming and hard work. Especially considering that the bulk of you do it for no other reason then to make gold to sell for cash.
Either way idoccing is a damn easy way to possibly make huge gold so please spare us all the 'no longer worth the time or effort' nonsense.
Scripters are not getting everything. There is plenty to go around and now it is without question a more fair system geared to the masses. Not just the so called idoc professionals that have cornered the market too easily for far too long.
Normally I agree that UO shouldn't ever be "easy buttoned" but it is annoying that we've been watching our friends castle for weeks because his account went down due to IRL issues to grab his soulstones, and the few things we had in there, and I log in to check in the morning and it's not even greatly. I get home from work at 10pm still ok..I log in the next day and poof it's gone..what was I supposed to do? Camp it all day in hopes it drops at greatly? Granted I guess the answer is yes, it's just kind of annoying..I don't have 20 hours a day to camp an IDOC. I don't even do IDOCs unless there's pvp..this is just an example of how it annoyed me recently..just my 2¢

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
afk scripters win win win when they are mining and farming gigantic amounts of resources/ingredients but nobody is yelling at the devs to change that game mechanic.
Hrmmmm, I wonder why?
Ohh, because the people doing idocs really don't give a crap about cheating. They just give a crap about reselling other peoples items lol.
You are so obtuse THP that I will no longer try to reason with you :)
u know the biggest greed in the game is the xshard event folks that multibox every em event on every shard then try sell there mega drop items the second the event is over...spamming the overpriced goods.....leaving the people on there home shard feeling gutted after missing out again then having to pay mega gold for the said items .......thats greed.......dont talk to me about greed.....i dont even idoc anymore...im proper old school...i stopped the weeks after the afk crews moved in.....so get of ya soap box and go cause mayhem elsewere...i just dont like the change...so i voice my OWN opinion....and obviously not yours .....which would be bang opposite mine every time anyways.... if i like red...u would deffo say blue was best.....now begone....enough of your titter tatter

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting! I think this post is so well thought out that it is worthy of dissection.

Firstly ' It is pretty easy to understand why the new system is 1000x better if you are able to look at something impartially.
IT IS RANDOM IT IS RANDOM IT IS RANDOM -'

I fail to see why it is necessary to look at this impartially. That implies that you could not care less about the subject, most posters in this thread do care one way or the other. IT IS RANDOM, it sure is and that is the biggest bonus to the scripter idocer in years.

'I know you are unable to comprehend this THP but idoc loot belongs to nobody. Nobody has any divine right to it.'

Looking through the posts I fail to see any suggestion that THP thinks anything else. Heaven alone knows where you dug this one up.

'When someone's entire UO existence falls to the ground it is a sad event and nobody should be able to set an alarm clock to pick it up for their own personal gain.
What some people in this thread seem to conveniently forget is that idocs were always random and were always supposed to be random. They never fell to the exact minute as far as I can remember. They never advertised exactly when they were going to fall for a reason.'

I'm afraid in this instance you are labouring under a misconception. In the 10 years I have been idocing they were almost NEVER random, apart from the odd one now and then which might go an extra hour, you could, if you had taken the trouble to find out the stage lengths, work out to within a couple of minutes when they would fall. Why do you think some of these posts talking about players recalling in a few minutes before fall have been made? because the players concerned had guessed when they would fall? or had this escaped your vigilant eye.? Sufficient to say you are totally wrong, they were never random in the sense you have stated.

'Cheating is a completely separate issue and the people on this board consumed by cheating to the point where they seem to not be able to enjoy any aspect of the game(and there are more then a few of those wackos)will never be able to discuss anything impartially so imo their opinion means nothing'

Nice to know that in your impartial wisdom you can decree whose opinion is worthless . I do notice that you do not consider your own opinion to be in that category. Now that IS a surprise.

'How many people rant on here about cheating and don't even play anymore? Too many.'

I must defer to your obviously superior knowledge in this instance although how you can be certain is a matter of conjecture.

'Funny thing though is that every major MMORPG has the same % of cheaters so I don't know where they end up or what they expect?'

And what exactly is the relevance of this statement? Does that make it ok? because other games have them it is acceptable? Whatever the reason the relevance of this sentence is open to question.

'Cheating sucks but it exists everywhere. Deal with it & report it when you see it or just don't play maybe. But please stop tainting rational discussions with your obsession maybe?'

Finally a statement we can agree on, unfortunately the continuation leaves a little to be desired. 'REPORT IT' --- LOL you have got to be having a laugh. Your other alternative is no better, 'don't play' many of us would rather have the problem dealt with rather than just let the cheats win as you advocate.

yadiman

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Normally I agree that UO shouldn't ever be "easy buttoned" but it is annoying that we've been watching our friends castle for weeks because his account went down due to IRL issues to grab his soulstones, and the few things we had in there, and I log in to check in the morning and it's not even greatly. I get home from work at 10pm still ok..I log in the next day and poof it's gone..what was I supposed to do? Camp it all day in hopes it drops at greatly? Granted I guess the answer is yes, it's just kind of annoying..I don't have 20 hours a day to camp an IDOC. I don't even do IDOCs unless there's pvp..this is just an example of how it annoyed me recently..just my 2¢
That's 1 reason we need the auction system. Ofc friends won't always be around to buy a friend's home, but it would improve the housing system. Friends who know what's in a house would pay more than a stranger. Make it a blind auction with defined deadline.

yadiman

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
btw, "reporting it" doesn't do anything, because it seems these people will recall/get alerted when a gm msg's them.

That's why the devs made EC really good. EC is better than the CC cheats in a lot of aspects. But the IDOC system is still needing to be trashed.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Seriously? HOW? I will tell you how. The ordinary player finds an idoc, follows its progress until finally it goes IDOC, now ALL he has to do is sit online for up to 13 hours for it to fall. The scripter has a bot which will tell him when it falls and quite probably start script looting for him. I have never actually looked at what a script can and cannot do but of one thing I am certain, cheats would not be using them if they did not give them an advantage"

You like quoting people right Bobar?
The above nonsensical paragraph is all I need to see of your words Bobar to know that you have no problem vehemently arguing about something that in your own words you have no idea how it works. Good stuff
You actually state that you are telling someone how something is done then go on to say that you don't really exactly how it is done.
I have no doubt that if you were to pvp you would die constantly and then constantly complain that you don't know how but the person that killed you must have cheated.
You see how a person of average intelligence can make a very simple and correct analogy darling?

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I never knew why they changed the timer. I could only assune other players were complaining it wasn't fair to time a house drop.

Scripting hasn't changed, they park the char there and run the script, regardless of when the house drops.

I know I havent done an idoc since they've changed the timer because indont have that kind of time anymore.

However to say its greedy for a player to want the same timer back is hypocritical since that is the reasoning it was changed and labeled as "fair".

It seems a lot of people are sticking their heads in the sand.

Meadhbh

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So other then not being able to recall 5-10minutes prior to fall from IDOC to IDOC because he has/had turn times, anybody else here have LEGIT reason why thee new system doesn't work? dont say cause it benefits scripters cause I'm sure they were there with the old system also, I do admit though, being at an IDOC and seeing an army of young characters pop in is really annoying, even more annoying when one of them pops a harbinger, but seriously, other then the "more or less" random time IDOCS drop after hitting the final phase, what are we complaining about? I just don't get it.....

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunetly people scripting the times made the fights better..I'm not talking on behalf of the "looter community" I did IDOCS for the PvP..and that's pretty much halted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Seriously? HOW? I will tell you how. The ordinary player finds an idoc, follows its progress until finally it goes IDOC, now ALL he has to do is sit online for up to 13 hours for it to fall. The scripter has a bot which will tell him when it falls and quite probably start script looting for him. I have never actually looked at what a script can and cannot do but of one thing I am certain, cheats would not be using them if they did not give them an advantage"

You like quoting people right Bobar?
The above nonsensical paragraph is all I need to see of your words Bobar to know that you have no problem vehemently arguing about something that in your own words you have no idea how it works. Good stuff
You actually state that you are telling someone how something is done then go on to say that you don't really exactly how it is done.
I have no doubt that if you were to pvp you would die constantly and then constantly complain that you don't know how but the person that killed you must have cheated.
You see how a person of average intelligence can make a very simple and correct analogy darling?
Maybe a person of average intelligence who has played for some time and read the posts here for years has some idea of how scripts work without needing to know exactly. You may also note that I did qualify my statement by saying that it PROBABLY script loots also. If you do not know the meaning of probably you will find it in the dictionary although most people of average intelligence will already know.

What Pvp has to do with anything is debatable but you do seem to like introducing irrelevant issues into your posts.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So other then not being able to recall 5-10minutes prior to fall from IDOC to IDOC because he has/had turn times, anybody else here have LEGIT reason why thee new system doesn't work? dont say cause it benefits scripters cause I'm sure they were there with the old system also, I do admit though, being at an IDOC and seeing an army of young characters pop in is really annoying, even more annoying when one of them pops a harbinger, but seriously, other then the "more or less" random time IDOCS drop after hitting the final phase, what are we complaining about? I just don't get it.....

I think it's more of a time issue. It's fine for people who are able to play, and scripters for the matter, but a lot of people who started UO no longer have the 8 hours to guess when a house is going to fall.

As for scripting, it will occur whenever it drops through the cycle. I'm not sure why people would assume this was another one of their great "fixes".

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so why not just do old school timing..its a piece of piss... u only needed to see one change of decay and u nailed the fall time to minutes,, what could be easier......... u lazy sods

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is that olde English or authentic frontier jibberish?
Your back.... didnt think u could leave alone.... like u said ...keep troling away with your crazy ideas..

hey my favoutite colour is blue...guess yours is red.... etc etc etc...go for it [whatever]..

ill keep taking ya free bumps ...until a devs responds

Dixie of Chesapeake

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
to me it seems the only issue people really have with idocs is that they A. either dont want to put the time into them or B. cant put the time into them.......well idocs fall on every shard at all different hours, and most shards still have a round about time when houses fall. i have a few shards that like 4 hr falls at about 7am...then i have some shards that houses generally fall in 3 hours at 1am........ so pick a shard that has houses falling at a time that suits your game play.... "you can ask ,most idocers will tell ya the gen time for a shard. now its not always 100% of the time but if you do 10 houses and 8 of them fell between 7-8am then u can call that ur general time"
it dont matter if you know exactly when the house will drop, a script will pick up an item at 7 hours on the dot or 13.. so thats not gonna fix script looting...i like the new system not everyone piles in 5 minutes before the fall "scripters included" thats the best chance you have right there, is for a scripter to miss it. or have another house on another shard run over time making them miss the house your at.
also if you dont have time to idoc then stop trying to ruin it for people who do! everyone enjoys different aspects of the game......i dont have time to do bods. i dont cry, i just buy a Val hammer........i dont have time to attend most events... "if i want the crappy item" ill try to buy it "i like old rares better".........the time some people spend on stratics just flat out being whiny punks could be used in game....go hunt a house like people who really idoc do...... i hope the Devs know that a handfull of people on stratics does not speak for their entire player base.....most regulars i see at idocs love the new times

and the trial acounts are an easy fix also...people are using them because of Harbys.....kill 2 birds with one stone "i hate that saying" restrict trial accounts and harbys to ish...problem solved

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well said Dixie.
I would guess that most of us playing UO don't have time to do everything we want each time we log in.
So we pick and choose what matters most to us because we are not and should not be able to use some kind of ingame timer to gain free loot.
I love to pvp and pvm.
If idoccers can have huge piles of free loot handed to them on a timer why cant I?
I want to know the exact time a greater dragon will drop a legendary artifact or 30 splinter weapon.
Why should I have to spend many hours each week killing hundreds or thousands of them not ever getting exactly what I want when I want it?
Heck, I don't even need exactly what I want each time on a timer. I just want a timer so that I can drop what I am doing and head to Destard to kill one greater dragon and get just a random legendary. I don't want to seem greedy or anything.
Timers are great!
Lets introduce more into the game asap.
I want to be able to time my heartwood quests so that I can simply stop pvping for 8 seconds and go get a high end kit first try.

Ohh wait. None of this could ever work because people cheat :(
We would be making a mistake if we just tried to make game mechanics that makes sense instead of skewing everything because of the cheat factor.
I think that every step we take ingame and every move we make should only be done after we stop and think about how it can be affected by cheaters.
Only when we allow ourselves to become obsessed with cheating and not just what we like to do can we begin to enjoy the game :)

yadiman

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.....most regulars i see at idocs love the new times

and the trial acounts are an easy fix also...people are using them because of Harbys.....kill 2 birds with one stone "i hate that saying" restrict trial accounts and harbys to ish...problem solved
Maybe because those "regulars" are selling it for $$. A normal gamer wouldn't have the time with a job/etc.

And your easy fix is to restrict trials to New Haven or Ish? Not going to happen.

Trash the IDOC system. Change it to a blind auction.

Dixie of Chesapeake

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Maybe because those "regulars" are selling it for $$. A normal gamer wouldn't have the time with a job/etc.

And your easy fix is to restrict trials to New Haven or Ish? Not going to happen.

Trash the IDOC system. Change it to a blind auction.
why so people with an abundance of gold can just buy that to F no ! put the work in it if ya want it.....and might i add that all these people who have no time to play but still got piles of gold , buy the damn gold! so u get mad at idocers for investing their time then selling the items...but its fine for players with no time who buy gold to just buy up the idoc loot.....get real... they are not gonna get rid of idocs....keep dreaming, they have been in game 17 years and if uo lasts they will be in it 17 more
and most of the people i know who play uo are either retired or disabled ...so dont give me that normal player bs

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The new system definitely favors AFK scriptors...under the old system non-scriptors had a chance. If you don't change it back to the old system, I'd favor a blind auction...hate to see some of the cool old rare items go poof forever.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Turn IDOC into an mini lottery as follows:

- Once the house is in IDOC, Every account can double click house sign to sign up
- People can select if they wish to sign up to win random house item contents
- People can select if they wish to sign up to win house plot
- All items in house will be divided randomly between all signed up account
- All house content prize will have a claim period
- At end of house content claim period, all unclaimed items will be rolled into house plot winner's prize
- if house plot winner does not claim prize within a short set time, it is free for all
- free for all means house plot drops with unclaimed prizes

You still have to actively check for IDOC but it would cut out the scripting nature of IDOC?

Trying to claim a prize in fel would be interesting though.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new system definitely favors AFK scriptors...under the old system non-scriptors had a chance. If you don't change it back to the old system, I'd favor a blind auction...hate to see some of the cool old rare items go poof forever.
Huh?
How is there any more chance that under the new system things go poof forever?
In your own words you said it favors the afk scripter so wouldn't that person be getting those items you are so worried about?
Items btw that basically represented some unfortunate person's whole UO existence.
You like the idea of people picking through that poor persons items/existence why? For pixel history? Lol at that.
Why are the few people so worried about history in this thread not all starting and running museums on their home shard btw? Legit and expensive museums that would truly represent what is supposedly historical on that shard.

The items no longer belong to anyone and nobody has any rights to them so if they do indeed just go poof that is not a bad thing imo. And that ofc is the idea behind random fall times which btw have been around since the beginning of UO I believe. Sure you could narrow it down to very, very close to when it would fall but it was never exact or a known and planned time.
People seem to have forgotten that since they have made it their greedy business to pluck items off the ground to mainly just sell for cash. And if you don't believe that the large majority of pro idoccers are gold sellers you are just plain naïve.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the devs screwed up with something that was working fine for years....

yadiman

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just because IDOCs have been around for years, doesn't mean they were working fine. It's a horrible system.

And the only reason i suggest an auction system, is because keeping the items with the original account might be hard to code.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
auction system horrible.. great gold sink.. but i know a few players that would win everyone..

not cool for those with a few mils to there name.

yadiman

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Friends of the house who know what's really in there would win a lot of houses. Also, neighbors would pay a lot more for a house.

But yes, there's alot more things they could do. Question is, could they code it.

yadiman

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any billionaires that wished to buy up the houses, would have to have a lot of subscribed accounts.

It would also be like gambling because there's no guarantee they're going to make a profit. With neighbors and friends driving up the price on some homes....

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The new IDOC system is far better than the old one. If you can't wait around for the random fall timer, then you're just sh*t outta luck. And no matter what the rule set is, people with multiple accounts/new players/scripting will find exploits and continue to hold a superior position. I'm not much of an IDOCer, but I've atleast been a participant from time to time after they changed the rules. Is it still a flawed system? Sure, but what isn't flawed about this game?

Restrict trial accounts to New Haven and Test Center. Many problems solved.
That's an absolutely terrible idea. Trial accounts already have a fair amount of restrictions. I wanted to make sure this game was going to be worth playing before I spent any money on it, so I fully used the 2 week trial period before signing up. Change access to Haven only, and other people in that same circumstance will give up. Changing trial account access areas to suit IDOC spammers is completely absurd.