• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Make IDOCs like they used to be

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Hello UO,

Seems these last couple of weeks the people who go hunting for IDOCs have been hit hard, by the change in the cycles and times, At first it was completely random and now we are back to 5 day cycles with no specified times.... which is nightmare for all and doesn't help anyone in-game, in a good or bad way!!
I think its is much easier to go back to the old IDOC rules and leave them as they were, as it worked fine for all!!!
Ahh yeah, someone will probably speak about Scripters, well very easy to sort that problem out from seeing what can be done from experience in Europa... The main problem is having scripters come to Fel or Tram with brand new trial ACC and showing YOUNG statuses ( They are Gods in FEL then, Untouchables), well why dont you make people with accs under 180 days not be able to go to IDOCS by teleporting them away or something, The main exploit in Europa is the scripter using new accs and young statuses, if we can find a way to keep these people away is fair for all!!
This way UO/BROADSWORD if you think about it, you are making money meanwhile stopping people exploiting the game.... If the scripter wants to make 8 accs and pay over a years Sub, then go ahead, as then the rewards are not enough to cover the expenses.... Have a think bout that!!!

Now someone will prob say why cant a young go to an IDOC, well easily explained as, if they are new why should they reap benefits of an old player, new ones shouldnt be allowed near until a set limit of time, same way they cannot place a house on a trial acc or with a young status.

There will always be people finding ways to exploit the game as people dont tend to go for the hard stuff but rather sit back and reap benefits from other without making a effort.

I am sure that theres players in this game that have achieved all ingame and the only thing they do is just IDOC, well this game is a sandbox game, isnt that also part of ingame stuff to do??? Theres people who are just real estate agents and the game dosnt even hold a skill for that!!!! Stop trying to drive players away, As recently lots of things have been getting this response.

This is just food for thought and I am happy for anyone to post their points or something I could of missed out. Thanks

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What??? But "young status" is NOT allowed in fel so next argument please!
I'm not sure about this. I tried to get a friend to join up to UO. I was able to gate him to my house in Felucca. I then tried to show him the Despise champion spawn but he wasn't able to enter the dungeon. Maybe they are only not allowed to certain places? Dungeons for example. This was a good few months back so might of changed.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only way for a new player to enter fel, is to remove their young player status. They can then enter fel, but they can also be attacked by players and monsters.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree with everything you said in regards to putting an end to the young players and scripters at IDOCs. The idea has been brought up to make all decaying houses go private thus eliminating the scripters from cherry picking all the high end stuff milliseconds after the house drops. Whatever else they can do would certainly be much appreciated by the non cheating community.

As far as the old an the new system. I support the new.
Cheaters will cheat either way but the new system brings more risk as it will force them to do it unattended and the chances of being banned are increased.
The new system also forces everyone to check for decaying homes more often which in my opinion is a good thing. The rewards from IDOCing can be very lucrative and the extra work required is still well worth it.
Lastly with the old system people could time it to easily and be at EVERY single IDOC. With the new system a single player can not monopolize the IDOCs and therefore the wealth is spread to other players.

LT

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This has been brought up enough already. Sorry that you have to watch the game now for a IDOC, such is life. They should code the game that everything in a falling house is destroyed, problem solved for everyone fair and square.
I couldn't disagree More,,,
Solaris has a long and deep rooted history, each Shard. As a player of 15 yrs I would hate to see the Antiques and Wealth of these Lands just go POOF.
Im not an IDOCer but I think the new system is a good start to leveling the playing field.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For blocking young characters from IDOCs could be checked the condemned status of the house just as for the owner and the character ejected. After the house is fallen, the area temporary blocked for placement could be used to hold young tagged players off the limits.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to love camping idocs, the thrill, excitement, challenge, and people get so bored they would reveal secrets to me.

I love opening a gate from haven and spamming chat just before a house falls.

Share the pixels is my motto;)

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I am a fan of making any house going into "decay mode" private. This would still allow co-owners/friends to enter the home though and access "Their/Guild" storage chests. Maybe once the house enters IDOC its private to everyone but the owner (I am actually not against friends and co-owners being able to be in/see the house when it falls. It was after all their friend or guildmates house). You must also be made a "friend" of a house to place a vendor which would allow you access until the vendors enter the sign, then you can access the sign even if you are blocked.

That would solve 95% of the scripting problem I'd think.

Blood Ghoul

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's not worth my time to do IDOCs anymore. It's not worth my time to hawkeye a house for days knowing a dozen unattended script toons are going to scoop most of it up anyway. It makes no difference to a script if a house falls in ten seconds or ten hours, but it makes a big difference to people actually playing and watching. This change didn't hurt the cheaters at all--it gave them an even greater edge than they already had.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not worth my time to do IDOCs anymore. It's not worth my time to hawkeye a house for days knowing a dozen unattended script toons are going to scoop most of it up anyway. It makes no difference to a script if a house falls in ten seconds or ten hours, but it makes a big difference to people actually playing and watching. This change didn't hurt the cheaters at all--it gave them an even greater edge than they already had.
How?

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I believe the "edge" is the scripters can just stay at the house hidden until it falls and the scripts do the work for them. While a player must actually be sitting at their computer waiting.

Since it seems the game itself/devs/whomever have no desire to stop scripting if they made the house private at least the scripters wouldn't be able to target certain items to be snatched by the program. I would guess the scripts could still figure a way to sort or at least grab something.

Blood Ghoul

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I'm not sure about this. I tried to get a friend to join up to UO. I was able to gate him to my house in Felucca. I then tried to show him the Despise champion spawn but he wasn't able to enter the dungeon. Maybe they are only not allowed to certain places? Dungeons for example. This was a good few months back so might of changed.
They are allowed to come to Fel but not enter dungeons, If I am not mistaken.... Only human;)

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you wanted a completely fair and fun idoc system this is how it would go

1. House goes into decay and displays a timer of exactly when it will falls on the house sign.
2. The house will go private as soon as it starts decaying (co owners, friends, and owners obviously still allowed)
3. 15 minutes before the fall Monsters that do area dmg to all players and reveal hidden players start to spawn.
4. when house falls more monsters spawn doing the same type of area dmg and revealing.
5. These monsters also have a bad habit of picking up loot off the ground making players actually kill them for loot.
6. a main boss would spawn that would take 30 minutes to 1 hour to kill.
7. in order to place the house you would need to have looting rights on the main boss or wait a full 2 hours after house has fallen.

However I highly doubt @Mesanna @Bleak or @Kyronix have the time or energy to make such a system happen.

The current system be it by mistake or with intent is just as susceptible as the last system. I have adapted and have no problem with either. The same goes for the "professional" IDOCERS. They have not been affected, and probably like the new system more since there have been less people willing to wait out a random timer.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im still having success. no scripting.. just on days i can play .. once they go idoc i wait around at ones i like more... and watch till they fall.

fel ones don't have a problem with scripters ... why's that? player justice.

need to make other facets fel rules around house on fall. let reds into all facet.. unable to attack or be attacked unless your in the zone.

zone would be the area your unable to place a house within.. that already exists.

fair system.. more pvp action. two birds

Simon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

1. House goes into decay and displays a timer of exactly when it will falls on the house sign.
2. The house will go private as soon as it starts decaying (co owners, friends, and owners obviously still allowed)
3. 15 minutes before the fall Monsters that do area dmg to all players and reveal hidden players start to spawn.
4. when house falls more monsters spawn doing the same type of area dmg and revealing.
5. These monsters also have a bad habit of picking up loot off the ground making players actually kill them for loot.
7. in order to place the house you would need to have looting rights on the main boss or wait a full 2 hours after house has fallen.

However I highly doubt @Mesanna @Bleak or @Kyronix have the time or energy to make such a system happen.

The current system be it by mistake or with intent is just as susceptible as the last system. I have adapted and have no problem with either. The same goes for the "professional" IDOCERS. They have not been affected, and probably like the new system more since there have been less people willing to wait out a random timer.
There was already the idea (iirc from a dev ages ago) to make the houses buyable on an automated auction when it's time comes... So you would have no clue what you will/can win and everyone who comes around has one week time for bidding (the decay time). That would be an easy fix and make almost everyone happy but prevent newbies to get easy gold like many did...

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There was already the idea (iirc from a dev ages ago) to make the houses buyable on an automated auction when it's time comes... So you would have no clue what you will/can win and everyone who comes around has one week time for bidding (the decay time). That would be an easy fix and make almost everyone happy but prevent newbies to get easy gold like many did...
an auction system would be really cool too. buy the whole lot, who ever wants to pay the most... great way to stop inflation as well since the gold would just go back to UO. I like that idea a ton.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

All though i guess UO would have to be on a global account money system too. since a lot of houses on ATL would go for over 175m.

Simon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
an auction system would be really cool too. buy the whole lot, who ever wants to pay the most... great way to stop inflation as well since the gold would just go back to UO. I like that idea a ton.
Ye it would be just like storage hunters in TV. And way less coding effort imo.

All though i guess UO would have to be on a global account money system too. since a lot of houses on ATL would go for over 175m.
Hrm ye or checkbooks would finally be needed; against the inflation... how ironic! :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They have broken something that was working perfectly fine ....about right...like said b4...Killed another playstyle in a oner

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
You must also be made a "friend" of a house to place a vendor which would allow you access until the vendors enter the sign, then you can access the sign even if you are blocked.
Blood Ghoul, not anymore - if you're leasing a vendor, you don't have to have any rights to the house, security-wise.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously? HOW? I will tell you how. The ordinary player finds an idoc, follows its progress until finally it goes IDOC, now ALL he has to do is sit online for up to 13 hours for it to fall. The scripter has a bot which will tell him when it falls and quite probably start script looting for him. I have never actually looked at what a script can and cannot do but of one thing I am certain, cheats would not be using them if they did not give them an advantage.

For all that we the players post on what we would like or dislike, the chances of anything being done based on past evidence is exactly ZERO. When was the last time you saw the words, script, cheat, 3rd party, prevention or action contained in a post on the Herald?.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IDOC guildmaster here chiming in. The change favors scripters so overwhelmingly its not even funny. Where IDOCs used to fall in a 4 hour window on each shard and you could have your UO play time set around that they now fall randomly. I have a job. I can't be up at 3am watching an IDOC, or logged in at noon to loot. On top of all that they now decay faster. Despite what the devs think or say the time is much shorter than it used to be. You now have to run more often, which again favors the cheaters and the unemployed. Ordinary people have lives, a job, and a family. The new systems where you have to watch a damn house for 20 hours straight because it can fall at any moment is not conducive to such things. This isn't leveling the playing field, it's wiping the board, houses are falling with no one there. Stuff is decaying. If veteran IDOCers can't keep up then a casual 'regular' player has no chance. If IDOCers can't do IDOCs they get bored with UO. My partners have already gone back to WoW thanks to this change and let 1 account go. I plan on letting another 5 accounts go shortly as I empty out the houses and sell off stuff. Time and time again the Dev team makes ignorant decisions to combat scripting but all they do is hurt regular players. When was the last time you tried to go gather some Valorite or Frostwood after the resource randomization change to combat scripers? Yet you still see all the mining bots everywhere anyway because that's the only way to get a decent amount. It's the same reason the same group of people show up on any server at a decent IDOC with their 30 trial accounts. The Devs sure showed them!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thats just the point the afk scripter win win agaon.. the devs have scored an own goal....

At the end of the day.. the old system worked fine... why try fix something that wasnt broken... this just allows the afk scripters to clean up even more as they are not even there anyways...and noone else as a clue when they fall so they arnt there either...while the afk scripter just keep there program running all day long......OWN GOAL DEVS...... so its win win for the afk script crew

Fingers

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Yeah, and if, hopefully, they inquire to the UO population about opinions, mine is a NO. Respect the effort to put your thoughts in writing tho.

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't idoced in a while so I should stay put of this but...

Why not make house falls more exciting?

Warn [young] players within the vicinity of a house about to fall that their young status won't save them here, then during the 2 hours before the fall and the two hours after, have the game automatically release a variety of aggressive creatures of different strengths with different attacks, especially area attacks.

Harbingers at an idoc are a lot of fun you must admit. Since there is a chance they will drop a non luck conjurors' garb it's like a mini idoc with wings and a nice burning area attack that would take out all the new born characters that just ran in from new Haven, IF YOUNG STATUS PROTECTION DIDN'T WORK AT IDOCS.

I think this would be lots of fun.

Maybe create some new creatures with new specific to idoc rare loot items. Haha, A PeTriFieD DOorMan is attacking you! Kill him you get some board deeds, maybe a super rare door hanging.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
How about a simpler solution? So many exploitive behaviours are because Youngs can't get harmed. There was a time when a new player was only young until they left Haven, then older players could not get back into Haven. I hated the second part, but the first part made sense. How about Youngs are only safe from harm *on Haven island*? If they go elsewhere, then they have no benefits from being Young, only the negatives of being Young.

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new systems where you have to watch a damn house for 20 hours straight because it can fall at any moment is not conducive to such things. This isn't leveling the playing field, it's wiping the board, houses are falling with no one there. Stuff is decaying. If veteran IDOCers can't keep up then a casual 'regular' player has no chance.
Signed x6.

yadiman

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even before this happened, if you have a job and a regular sleep schedule, it's just a waste of time. With a shorter window, there's still no guarantee that it will go IDOC at the beginning of your free time.

I would vote that the homeowner's items are kept in a storage system like shard transfers, but I know the greediness of mankind.

I like the house auction idea where you buy the house and everything inside.

Lastly, i would vote for a public message board displaying all the IDOCs. Just make it a huge event. Fun times for all. But They would never do that because it would be celebrating the loss of a player. Which is more proof that the whole IDOC system is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Huh?
Hawkeye a house for days? You say that like it is hard work or especially time consuming to recall to a spot a few times a day lol.
I did some pretty serious idoccing in the past and do not ever recall any part of it being hard work lol. Unless you are one of those UO nutjobs that considers idoccing his/her profession and does it 24/7. In that case it is and should be time consuming and hard work. Especially considering that the bulk of you do it for no other reason then to make gold to sell for cash.
Either way idoccing is a damn easy way to possibly make huge gold so please spare us all the 'no longer worth the time or effort' nonsense.
Scripters are not getting everything. There is plenty to go around and now it is without question a more fair system geared to the masses. Not just the so called idoc professionals that have cornered the market too easily for far too long.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally I'd be happy if the loot from IDOC's was divided between the Cavern of the Discarded, A pool that fills the T-Map chests, and a pool that fills the SoS chests. And in Fel this pool would also extend to Champ Spawn Boss's. Any stuff left in the pool after 24 hours will just poof. The pool would be gathered from IDOC's on that Facet. So all Tram IDOC loot would go to Tram T-Maps, Champs and SoS's... Since there are NO champs in Tram.... it would only be in T-Maps and SoS's, Fel IDOC loot would go to Fel T-Maps, Fel SoS's and Fel Champs... since there are several in Fel there is a whole lot to not only defend and work but to look for... Keeping PKers busy and giving players willing to take the risk a fighting chance to get super loot. So then houses in Tokuno would go to the Tokuno champ or Tokuno based T-Maps and since you don't do SoS's there they wouldn't be there... Since there aren't any houses in the LL or in Ilsh nothing there would change.... Ter Mur IDOC's would go to Ter Mur T-Maps and Ter Mur champs.... which since there are no Ter Mur champs it would distribute to the Cavern of the Discarded.

No more IDOC loot.... the only way you would have an IDOC simulation would be if someone actually dropped a house full of loot.

The Timer on when a new plot could be placed should stay in place and remain RANDOM.

So basically when a house goes IDOC it should move all objects to the moving crate... Stuff that "cannot" be put in the crate should vanish with the house.

This would end most the whining about scripting... would take away the scripters need to bot houses... should return fun stuff to the Cavern of the Discarded and should boost T-Map and SoS loot and make it WAY more fun to do ....... And at the sametime make it more exciting to do Champs in Fel.

This idea could work and could fix things but then ... someone would whine and complain anyway that they couldn't script IDOC's while AFK and whatever... and then there is the likelyhood that the DEV's wouldn't be able to code such a system anyway. So this is all moot.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally I'd be happy if the loot from IDOC's was divided between the Cavern of the Discarded, A pool that fills the T-Map chests, and a pool that fills the SoS chests. And in Fel this pool would also extend to Champ Spawn Boss's. Any stuff left in the pool after 24 hours will just poof. The pool would be gathered from IDOC's on that Facet. So all Tram IDOC loot would go to Tram T-Maps, Champs and SoS's... Since there are NO champs in Tram.... it would only be in T-Maps and SoS's, Fel IDOC loot would go to Fel T-Maps, Fel SoS's and Fel Champs... since there are several in Fel there is a whole lot to not only defend and work but to look for... Keeping PKers busy and giving players willing to take the risk a fighting chance to get super loot. So then houses in Tokuno would go to the Tokuno champ or Tokuno based T-Maps and since you don't do SoS's there they wouldn't be there... Since there aren't any houses in the LL or in Ilsh nothing there would change.... Ter Mur IDOC's would go to Ter Mur T-Maps and Ter Mur champs.... which since there are no Ter Mur champs it would distribute to the Cavern of the Discarded.

No more IDOC loot.... the only way you would have an IDOC simulation would be if someone actually dropped a house full of loot.

The Timer on when a new plot could be placed should stay in place and remain RANDOM.

So basically when a house goes IDOC it should move all objects to the moving crate... Stuff that "cannot" be put in the crate should vanish with the house.

This would end most the whining about scripting... would take away the scripters need to bot houses... should return fun stuff to the Cavern of the Discarded and should boost T-Map and SoS loot and make it WAY more fun to do ....... And at the sametime make it more exciting to do Champs in Fel.

This idea could work and could fix things but then ... someone would whine and complain anyway that they couldn't script IDOC's while AFK and whatever... and then there is the likelyhood that the DEV's wouldn't be able to code such a system anyway. So this is all moot.
Yup, probably a coding nightmare and will never happen... but I like it! :)

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I would like to see the removal of the timer off the house signs for view by non owner/co-owners.
This would make it a real surprise that a house falls outside the real people who should be concerned its in trouble.
The mobs and fighting for things and all this macroing complaints would disapear.
I am not saying house will not fall , but if one does you need to really LOOK... that is what I call fair!

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I would like to see the removal of the timer off the house signs for view by non owner/co-owners.
This would make it a real surprise that a house falls outside the real people who should be concerned its in trouble.
The mobs and fighting for things and all this macroing complaints would disappear.
I am not saying house will not fall , but if one does you need to really LOOK... that is what I call fair!
That idea is basically just removing IDOCs completely from the game. You can't check every house every second of every day. Unless you happen to live next door no one would be able to camp an IDOC ever again.

As it is they made it so unfriendly for legitimate players they might as well just delete the houses and contents. However when you remove or change a game system that has been around for so long and enjoyed by so many people nearly unplayable you remove that players incentive for playing UO and they QUIT! If they removed champ spawns and gave Fel a Tram ruleset tomorrow do you think the PVPers would stick around anymore? Hell no, they'd find something else to play. Same goes for people who enjoy IDOCing.

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did some pretty serious idoccing in the past and do not ever recall any part of it being hard work lol.
There is plenty to go around and now it is without question a more fair system geared to the masses. Not just the so called idoc professionals that have cornered the market too easily for far too long.
Two things that dont really go together. How have idoc pros been cornering the market when you yourself admit its not hard to do.

Dixie of Chesapeake

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
hows about you just leave idocs alone....quit changing them because people cry...leave them alone exactly as they stand now and people will either get use to it or they wont........ it personally dosent bother me.......i like the fact that people dont have it clocked to show up at 6 hours and 45 minutes after sign changes. its always exciting when one actually falls now because ya just never know when its going down....fun fun

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
How about a simpler solution? So many exploitive behaviours are because Youngs can't get harmed. There was a time when a new player was only young until they left Haven, then older players could not get back into Haven. I hated the second part, but the first part made sense. How about Youngs are only safe from harm *on Haven island*? If they go elsewhere, then they have no benefits from being Young, only the negatives of being Young.

I really think the problem isn't that a character is "Young" its the fact they are trial accounts with obvious scripts running so the player will not get busted. Trial accounts should not be able to leave New Haven!!!

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two things that dont really go together. How have idoc pros been cornering the market when you yourself admit its not hard to do.
Seriously?
They do it 24/7 and they are very organized.
Their only purpose in playing UO is idocs and selling gold for cash.
My bad lol. I don't value organization and dedication to one thing in a MMORPG as a skill that is hard to pick up.
*shakes head*

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When a house falls spawn a deadly champ level ghost with the name of the old house owner. Make it so it can't be guard wacked or lured away and will need a group for it to be killed. Then don't allow new house placement until the beast is killed and its corpse disappears.

Could be a fun idea...la

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could even have all of the house loot appear on the corpse...la

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This has been brought up enough already. Sorry that you have to watch the game now for a IDOC, such is life. They should code the game that everything in a falling house is destroyed, problem solved for everyone fair and square.
MEEES LIKES DIS

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry If my idea of removing any trace off the house sign of its demise hurts your feelings there ladys... but you are the ones pancakes about the players who macro and script the hell out of a house fall.
The removal would put them on an even footing and not take any coding errors to do... (yea i know i used errors with the coding ..think on it..)
No more scripting of anyone on a house fall and the idea that just the house owner and its co-owned/friended people could see the sign is not that hard to do.
You see on one hand your yelling about the fall loot being snached up by out of game entitys for a RL payday in cash as its outcome.
But I ask you this...
How many of you wont dot he very same thing??
I mean you will sell that which you gubble up from a fall if they couldnt macro/script it away from your hands... its the same thing in my book.
Oh you might not mean to hurt the game by selling for cash the gold... but it still is reaping on the pain of another.
Removal of the sign info just puts the fall as it should have been back in the beginning... a random find that may or not be found...

Picus and Bun Bunn this is close but does give that random hunter a boon in his wanderings of UO.

I think this is the most fairest idea.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The system is fine as it is and doesn't need more attention by the devs. There is a lot more to this game than camping a collapsing house just to get a chance at picking up someone else's items...

Fingers

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The system is fine as it ...."was"...
There.....fixed it for ya.

My issue with all these cockamamee ideas is the possible loss of a valued game item(s) or rares that will never have a chance to be seen again. The ONE and ONLY issue with IDOCS, since UO began at the end of the dinosaur era( sorry, tad bit of humor I hope) has been, and still is......SCRIPTERS. Sadly, the team never has seemed to have the ability, desire, cash, or whatever to acquire a team member with the know-how to FIX it. So, we keep on dealing with bandaids that fall off after getting wet. Is what it is now, I suppose. I was an avid IDOC'r, never ever scripted, but dealt with em for years. Chalked up any that "got away" to scripters and moved on. Now.....havent tried even looking since this ignoramus change, wont either. No loss to B-sword, I still pay my accounts monthly, but it was and is a real "bummer" to one of the enjoyable reasons to play. Aint many left.