• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Make all armor medable.

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's time. The prevalence of barbed kits has made leather the default armor for everyone, and even the metal armor crafted with runic hammers is always samurai plate for the mage armor property. All forms of armor except leather and samurai plate have essentially ceased to exist save as novelties at anything beyond newb level.

It's time to have the mage armor property cease appearing on items, and just make all armor medable by default. I do not have any characters with meditation, I just would like to be able to find nice studded leather or ringmail available from time to time.

A

Arnie QuickPalm

no make all armor non mendable and unwearable by mages

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stealth skill gains would be broken, and the supposed penalty for being able to stealth would be nullified. If that could be addressed, then we have certain artifacts (like Jackal's Collar) that are supposed to be non-medable as a way of targeting the type of character that may wear it. It would be a very complex change.

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why would stealth gains be broken when totally uber stealthable armor is already bursting from the seams at every single Luna vendor?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Why would stealth gains be broken when totally uber stealthable armor is already bursting from the seams at every single Luna vendor?
Because Medable armor doesn't have a negative effect on the ability to stealth. After a point you can't gain Stealth without wearing armor that hinders it thus adding more difficulty.

G

galefan2004

Because only mages need to use meditation? Am I rite?

This topic has actually been beaten to death over the years. Its more than likely never going to happen, but it should seeing that the vast majority of characters have mana issues due to a stupidly designed combat system.

K

Kiminality

I thought that was based on weight, you know, as would be logical.
At 80 Stealth skill, you have 100% chance to stealth in medable armour.
Non-medable is 100% at 120.

Incidentally, there's a maximum weight of armour, at something like 17 stones.

I believe it used to be all based on the weight of the armour.
It was probably an AoS change, that made it non/medable based.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol cry more, mages shouldn't die in one to two hits, they can already have their spells interrupted constantly by any archers that know what they're doing.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'd rather see armor work like it used to:

- Cap resist amounts scaled to armor type
- Dex/Stam penalties for wearing heavier armor

Bring back the balancing act of protection vs meditation vs speed and make more than normal leather useful again.