Make 10 million.

• Thread starter RavenWinterHawk
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
R

RavenWinterHawk

For those of you that havent read my posts or have me on ignor...

Last year I ran a test on SONOMA. Went over (new) during Halloween. Begged my way to nearly 10 million. Begging what? NPCs for Halloween gifts.

If you are broke and want to be a merchant. Start your beggar now. Beg for the new Halloween items and sell them immediately for 500k. People will by them.

Good luck.

Ill keep the post simple and short.

A

Aboo

Last year I ran a test on SONOMA. Went over (new) during Halloween. Begged my way to nearly 10 million. Begging what? NPCs for Halloween gifts.

If you are broke and want to be a merchant. Start your beggar now. Beg for the new Halloween items and sell them immediately for 500k. People will by them.

Good luck.

What in the world could you get by begging that would sell for 500K??? I didn't have a GM Beggar last Halloween but I do for this Halloween!

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

So, make a char you are only going to play once a year with worthless begging skills.
Seems a bit silly to me... 10m a year, I can make that in a day if I try hard enough!

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
So, make a char you are only going to play once a year with worthless begging skills.
Seems a bit silly to me... 10m a year, I can make that in a day if I try hard enough!
What, no soulstones?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 19, 2003
Catskills
Honestly, while making 10mil sounds interesting, anyone who pays 500k for a Halloween item that will only become less rare over the following days/weeks has more money than brains.

Please don't take me the wrong way, I have every intention of taking advantage of as many of those people as I can find this year!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
The "good" items from Trick or Treating, the last two years, dropped based on your Begging skill, though one had a small chance of getting something without it.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
this only works IF they change the trick or treat rares. which was done only as an afterthought a week after the event started last year.

L

Lady Kiara

Ok I'll ask concidering i trick and treated last year....and all i got was candy that rotted me teeth....:rant2: THERE WERE RARES? Who...What...Were?:bowdown::bowdown:

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
May 13, 2008
Az
For the last couple of years I've had my human tamer do the trick or treating. Last year i thought i'd never get the pizza. I was almost to the point of being one of those people spending that money. It seems that some are harder to get than others. So this year i'm so ready I'm working up my fisherman/begger. Hum she keeps trying to beg for those ancient sos's, but all they serpents do is kill her.:blushing:

L

laurlo

how high does your begging skill have to be to get Halloween rares?

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
May 13, 2008
Az
I was getting them with a human tamer so she had 20 points. It takes a lot longer but you can do it.

L

laurlo

ah, nice then, my beggar has 60 begging (been a pet project for over a year)

I

Ifful

Good luck.

But is it fun?

R

Radun

i know people who made hundreds of mil from begging last halloween.... lots of people have GMed begging since then, *because* of that. This year I don't think people will be able to make nearly as much as last year... more people will be doing it = more supply = lower price... less people will be buying them, because they'll be able to do it themselves = less demand = lower price.

F

Fink

Which ones were the rares?

I found most of mine on the bank floor

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
Wine, Cake, cookies, milk, pizza

titled 9th anniverary (and looking normal) for 2006
with unique names and colors for 2007.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Hello,

GEEEZ.

#1 you need 1 point begging but the odds increase dramatically to get the rare items as you approach GM begger.

#2 good for you if you can make 10 million in a day. This is for those players that have limited gold.

#3 There is so much stupid gold that players are lazy. Or rich, they buy what they want. Thats right. Lazy is the merchants best friend. They want the new stuff. They are loaded to the eyeballs. You get the new stuff first. Sell it fast. Make gold.

#4 There are usually 4 or 5 items that are rare for begging during Halloween.

Here is how it plays out.
First week new items 500k to 750k
Second week new items 500kish
Third week new items 250k to 500k
Final week 100k to 750k because people think the price will go up when ithe even ends.

You can find last years Halloween rares for 250k on atlantic.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
#3 There is so much stupid gold that players are lazy. Or rich, they buy what they want. Thats right. Lazy is the merchants best friend. They want the new stuff. They are loaded to the eyeballs. You get the new stuff first. Sell it fast. Make gold.
Yup, that's why I am selling all the new plants. I can wait a while before decorating my house :)

R

RavenWinterHawk

Yup, that's why I am selling all the new plants. I can wait a while before decorating my house :)
Spoken like a true merchant.
Sell and the buy back. Patience will save you or make you millions.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Shhh, you are not supposed to tell people about buying them back...

Re the items, I sell them in full sets too, and offer a 20% discount compared to if they bought them separately. Little tricks to make them sell faster than the competition. A penny saved from having to pay the vendor is a penny earned.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 19, 2003
Catskills
A penny saved from having to pay the vendor is a penny earned.
That was my motto for a long time. I made my first mil in UO buy buying/gathering and re-selling at the bank. Never spent a dime on a vendor.

S

Salty Pete

Anyone who takes the begging skill in order to work to make money is a complete fool. Being a beggar is about asking for the money for an item or food. It is about asking for an item that you want rather than having to kill for it or possibly being killed for it. It is a short cut to having, not a short cut to having something l33t to sell in order to have a super character.

Merchant - A person who gets things for as low as possible and resells them.

Consumer - A person who wants something and works hard to come up with the money to purchase it.

Beggar - Someone who asks for something they need or want.

L

Lord Kynd

That was my motto for a long time. I made my first mil in UO buy buying/gathering and re-selling at the bank. Never spent a dime on a vendor.
one of these days i need to figure out vendors a bit better and try it :p

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 31, 2005
parts unknown
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think so, unless a CC is laying close by.......Anyways, what he's getting at, silly to some, or not, is.....making gold can be done, regardless of the skills involved.

He used his head, and didn't just run to someone and buy the pixels....something you don't see much more in the game, hell, even EA promotes laziness.....advanced characters. That's pretty sad.

D

Der Rock

Good luck.

short question:
i have a lantern it said "obtained by begging" or so, what is it worth ; )