• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Major graphical problem!

T

Trinny

Hi all

I've been playing UO on my laptop (windows 7) quite happily for about 6-8 months now.

Today, early in the afternoon I noticed that while playing, the graphics in UO appeared to be vibrating/shimmering. It's really hard to explain but that's the best I can do. It seemed to be in certain small patches also. Once I quit UO, my desktop background would also have the same problem, but would disappear and go back to normal after a couple of minutes.

I logged on to UO later this evening, to which the same shimmering affect occurred. I logged out, problem persisted on my laptop screen for a couple of minutes then went away.

I haven't logged into UO for a while now, and so far my laptop is behaving.

What on earth could this problem be? Any advice would be appreciated.

polanco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im having the same problem
its not with the connection, i run fine
its something with the graphics
its delaying spell casting and basically reaction time (recall)
anyone else?

TheVampster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just bought a new computer with Windows 7 (directx 11). Having the same thing happen that you describe. It's really annoying and UO is unplayable, seems to do it alot in places with 2 or more floors. Luna is really bad. I tried updating graphics and that sort of thing and tried adjusting the settings. Can't seem to fix it. Anybody have any ideas to fix?

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just came back to UO after break and I get about the same thing but mine seems to "shift" rather than vibrate,mean sometimes the scenery wil shfit about 1/3 tile and be ok for a few minutes and do it again.also running windows 7 ultimate with dx11.funny how I can run another game with better graphics with no problem but uo acts funny.

A

Adegil

Mine shrinks then stretches. Then black screen, then pops back fine for about a minute. The game is now unplayable for me. I see this patch went as well as always and they are just as quick to fix issues as always. I'll log into my account again next week and if its still an issue I'm finally done with this stupid ass company.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With windows 7 and Vista it is recommended to disable "desktop composition" to resolve issues such as this by:

Right click UO shortcut,
Select properties
browse to "Compatibility" tab
put a tick in "Disable Desktop Composition"