• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Major crafting help please..?

Teslawear

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
What are the best saw's to get a 70 hit spell wep? Then after that, what should I imbue onto it?

What is Shadow Iron and Copper runics good for? Like what should I be making and looking for to imbue?

Same questions with Bows...? What runic and what should I be looking for and what do I imbue on it?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm moving to the crafting forum, as I think you will get better response there.

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
pick with the saw, im assuming your making a bokuto or bow; and make sure the weapon your making is exceptional; no needd to pof yet; then pick out on reforge menu pick vicious of slaughter. on your other question as the runics you use when you go up each one yeilds more mods; what i do is use the cheapest runic such as the oak saw; this narrows down what your looking for and thus the odds of getting the mod. (it's like rolling the dice and looking for a specific combo) so the lower the runic tool the less the mods thus when using the oak runic saw your chances of hitting a spell is greater being byitself versus; using a higher runic tool you might get what you want; but other mods will come with it.

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Weapon
Prefix / Suffix Property Cap
Mighty / of Vitality
Hit Life Leech 70%
Hit Point Increase 7
Strength Bonus 5
Hit Point Regeneration 9
Mystic / of Sorcery Hit Mana Leech 70%
Mana Increase 10
Intelligence Bonus 5
Lower Mana Cost 10
Mana Regeneration 9
Animated / of Haste Hit Stamina Leech 70%
Stamina Increase 10
Dexterity Bonus 5
Stamina Regeneration 9
Swing Speed Increase 40%
Arcane / of Wizardry Hit Mana Leech 70%
Hit Mana Drain 70%
Mana Increase 10
Intelligence Bonus 5
Lower Mana Cost 10
Faster casting 1
Spell Channeling -
Mage Weapon -15
Mana Regeneration 9
Exquisite / of Quality Self Repair 7
Velocity not known yet
Elemental Damage 100%
Durability -
Lower Requirements -
Slayer -
Mage Weapon -15
Spell Channeling -
Balanced -
Vampiric / of the Vampire Hit Life Leech 70%
Hit Mana Leech 70%
Hit Stamina Leech 70%
Hit Mana Drain 70%
Hit Fatigue 70%
Blood Drinker -
Invigorating / of Restoration Hit Point Regeneration 9
Mana Regeneration 9
Stamina Regeneration 9
Fortified / of Defense Physical Resist 20
Fire Resist 20
Cold Resist 20
Poison Resist 20
Energy Resist 20
Auspicious / of Fortune Luck 150 (190 for ranged weapons)
Charmed / of Alchemy Enhance Potions (only available on one-hand weapons) 15
Balanced -
Vicious / of Slaughter Hit Spell 70%
Hit Area Spell 70%
Hit Chance Increase 25% (35% ranged)
Damage Increase 70%
Battle Lust -
Towering / of Aegis Hit Lower Attack 70%
Defense Chance Increase 25% (35% ranged)
Reactive Paralyze -
Use Best Weapon Skill or Hit Lower Defense are only reforged through random properties.

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
and remember hit fireball will disrupt the para property if any on a weapon and take mana while a spell such as lightening will not and is much more effective. hope this helps, ive been doing alot of reading *looks at merlin* with the help of a mentor !!

Teslawear

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Weapon
Prefix / Suffix Property Cap
Mighty / of Vitality
Hit Life Leech 70%
Hit Point Increase 7
Strength Bonus 5
Hit Point Regeneration 9
Mystic / of Sorcery Hit Mana Leech 70%
Mana Increase 10
Intelligence Bonus 5
Lower Mana Cost 10
Mana Regeneration 9
Animated / of Haste Hit Stamina Leech 70%
Stamina Increase 10
Dexterity Bonus 5
Stamina Regeneration 9
Swing Speed Increase 40%
Arcane / of Wizardry Hit Mana Leech 70%
Hit Mana Drain 70%
Mana Increase 10
Intelligence Bonus 5
Lower Mana Cost 10
Faster casting 1
Spell Channeling -
Mage Weapon -15
Mana Regeneration 9
Exquisite / of Quality Self Repair 7
Velocity not known yet
Elemental Damage 100%
Durability -
Lower Requirements -
Slayer -
Mage Weapon -15
Spell Channeling -
Balanced -
Vampiric / of the Vampire Hit Life Leech 70%
Hit Mana Leech 70%
Hit Stamina Leech 70%
Hit Mana Drain 70%
Hit Fatigue 70%
Blood Drinker -
Invigorating / of Restoration Hit Point Regeneration 9
Mana Regeneration 9
Stamina Regeneration 9
Fortified / of Defense Physical Resist 20
Fire Resist 20
Cold Resist 20
Poison Resist 20
Energy Resist 20
Auspicious / of Fortune Luck 150 (190 for ranged weapons)
Charmed / of Alchemy Enhance Potions (only available on one-hand weapons) 15
Balanced -
Vicious / of Slaughter Hit Spell 70%
Hit Area Spell 70%
Hit Chance Increase 25% (35% ranged)
Damage Increase 70%
Battle Lust -
Towering / of Aegis Hit Lower Attack 70%
Defense Chance Increase 25% (35% ranged)
Reactive Paralyze -
Use Best Weapon Skill or Hit Lower Defense are only reforged through random properties.
Ok, so all that being said (And thank you SO much by the way), should I use powerful or whatever it is, or just basic?

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
try powerful first for about two dozen times; should use up anywhere from 4-6 charges per. remember only use exceptional made items no matter what you are reforging; the durability turns out slightly better and seems to add benefits according to uoguide. YOU DO NOT REPEAT DO NOT, pof anything until you get what you're looking for in the reforging process, then if you are going to enhance still do not pof as without the forged arty tool you have a significant chance of destroying the item thus wasteing the pof. you only pof after everything is ready to imbue. that is what i do. i am more geared towards smithy weapons i.e. swords versus bows, bocutos and staffs. of course depending on the weapon and armor you need to make sure that you have the recipe to make it. also make sure you have gm arms lore no matter what you are making as it gives small bonuses. when making items such as fletching wear the best talisman you can find for it with high bonus and exceptional bonus; same with smithy; and with tailoring. if yu don't have one, buy one, if none is for sale go to eodon with a buddy or two and fight the ape a few times he drops good talismans

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UO Stratics - Item Enhancing: Armor
this will help too, merlin turned me on to this website it helps also if you google uo imbueing calculator; it tells you to select what youre gonna make and what you wanna have; it will tell you how much weight the item's max is and what the weight is going to be with what you have. and prior to me looking at it i always had to keep looking at menu for imbue mats and constantly load myself up with them. the site that tells you this on imbuing can be googled knuckleheads; it tells everything, i am still studying myself and experimenting with imbueing/enhanceing as i only know alittle about weapons especially swords.

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
also im breaking this up so as not to run on. but here is a tip i should have known befoe i started crafting
1. get one or two +60 smithy hammers that way you can take the chance on trying to enhance the smithy item with smaller chance of destroying/failure
2. a must is a forged metal of arty tool, unfortunately and it's beyond me why one cannot be a reward; it has to be purchased like at the searchuo.com, sometimes they are for sale in game off of players tho, when they are ; they are usually cheaper than paying with rl money at the website as you can make gold in game thru farming stuff. i mine like 10 hours a day and lumberjack.
3. stock up on smithy runic hammers, i concentrate on dull coppers (should be around 15-40k ea sometimes higher, then i buy what i can afford and what is left in market on the shard with shadow runic hammers they are around 100k ea. be careful when buying tho as you can become overweight easily as i believe ea one weighs 10 stones or so maybe 5, can't remember.
4. stock up on ash fletcher runic kits as well as oak oak is the cheapest then ash; like i mentioned the higher up you get the more intensity but also the more mods that cmoe with it, so as it is more difficult to get what you want without something you dont need thus waste of time and runic uses.
5. stock up on imbueing materials; in my "workshop" i try to keep on hand around 500 of each essence and 40-60k of magical residue; and the same on enchanted essence; then the relic frags i try to keep around 5k
6. gems- large ones mostly from mining; amber comes from lumberjacking; and the white pearl mostly from fishing, i buy what i can but as i said i mine and lumberjack alot, as well as fish alot also, so around 200 ea is sufficient. small gems can be mined but it isnt expensive to go to npcs and bring a packy or blue beetle; beetle works better for me and when server comes up the only npcs that reset to default price are those in termur, thats where i stock up on small gems; bottles and certain regs; as you probably know the regs/bottles/gems are like the produce they also have 500 and you can buy as many as you can carry and can afford and have time to make trips for and collect.
7. of course the talismans i have a great fletching, smithy; tailor;inscription and cooking one; when searching for talismans doesnt matter what the protection or feature of it means as your crafter has no use for that part; i try to find talismans that have at least a 20 bonus and as close to 30 exceptional bonus; 30 being the max number you can get; while im on topic if you ever use a scribe there is a necklesss to put on to increase bonus on inscription essxpecially when making greater conflag pots
8. other imbueing items i try to keep on hand a couple hundred of ea; but reflective wolf eye; and delicate scales as reflective wolf eye is used for reflect phy damage which unless you get one off a monster is a wast in my opinion to put on anything. then delicate scales aquired too by fishing is use best weapon skill; which at times has it's own purpose; but not as common as in the old days.
9. to start your stock at avg prices not including runic hammers/kits/malets and chisels; you should plan on around 50m to get a good stock but you can start out smaller

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
so to summarize;
runic saws start collecting oak and ash
runic hammers start collect dull copper and shadow
runic fletching kits oak and ash
malets/chistles collect again dull copper shadow and a few of the others depending on what your doing; this is for stone armor (gargs) and stone weapons
it helps too when imbueing to be a gargoyle with leg mysticism for the added bonus and become a friend of the queens forge in termur; not the main forge but the one north or so of their for an added chance; usually i just take my chances on my own soul forge with my gargoyle and mysticism.
you have to kill so many monsters to get the proer level of loyalty to the queen which can be time consuming and difficult for a crafter; some do some dont.

hope that helps

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
oh and one last thing i learned to get relic frags anything on a corpse that has the word artifact when unravelled gives off relic frags.

Teslawear

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You are a Saint, my friend. THIS is the info I have been looking for and couldn't find. Thank you SO much.

Teslawear

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
One thing I am having a problem with, I notice that all the 70% hit spell clean bokuto's all have (lesser) reforge.... mine are all (minor)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Also, isn't there something that can remove a property, thus leading to a clean item?
You can use a whetstone of enervation to remove damage increase, and thus have an extra mod slot available for imbuing on weapons.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bump with a question. Looking for a way to make Arcane of Wizardry stone armor for Whammy Throwers. What would be the best mallet & chisel for this, and what options are needed? I looked on UOGuide but the runic re-forging page wasn't much help - it only listed the possible properties and not what to select. I know elemental weapons require "powerful", but I've never looked at armor.