• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Magincia Properties

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone was planning on making a player run town with the Magincia plots. Are any guilds going to try and get the majority of them?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UP is going to join the lottery, but we don't have the membership to get a majority of anything.

We're just hoping for a second headquarters.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I plan to join the lottery, but not to try to gain too many plots. To have a town there I would have to let go of Aegis.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the info guys, I am just trying to figure out who I can extort. I am getting all of my friends on other shards to bid on the one ticket per account plots so I can amass as many as possible and charge exhortation amounts of money to anyone crazy enough to want to build a real "community" there.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the info guys, I am just trying to figure out who I can extort. I am getting all of my friends on other shards to bid on the one ticket per account plots so I can amass as many as possible and charge exhortation amounts of money to anyone crazy enough to want to build a real "community" there.
*chuckles* You are just so ebil Podo.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*chuckles* You are just so ebil Podo.
I have seriously considered using a name change on one of my characters and making it "Ebil Podo"

But eventually ebil will be synonymous with Podo so it would be redundant anyway. Actually in some "circles" it already is.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

We love you Podo and we're just not worthy... :bowdown:

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bought one ticket for each southern plot (except one, for reasons which should be obvious, I bought a few of that plot's tickets)...

So when I wind up winning the lottery for one of those plots, I'm SO rubbing it in all of your faces!

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I spend 100 million on each plot and do not win one of them you can really rub it in my face! Wait, they have a trammel version of this?

Pandora you really need to embrace ebil again...

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to get a plot so the pirates will have an actual town to hang about.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I now have a plot that gives me 1:3.1 odds.

Oh and any plot, if any, I do get will be vendor free save for the possiblity of one to sell my own junk in a tasteful location.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Im buying all the properties on Catskills and leaving them empty plots so that it doesn't devalue my Luna house.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets all pledge to create a constant supply of ancient hell hounds in New Mag if we don't get our way. If we use the anti-shadow's vase pool of resources and scare tactics we should win without a doubt.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I already own all the plots, the server just hasn't caught up yet.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I knew you had an in with those Blackrock Golems. But they are gone now what pull do you still have?

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I put a bid on all the plots, if I win one, I am moving there and opening a brothel.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I plan on attempting the one per account spots just to see if I can win something. If i manage to get a spot Podo, I will give you a shout.

O

Oakenwraith

Pasting some stuff from another forum I posted on about this for trammel.

"N1 looks like a good place to build a lighthouse. E5 looks like a good place to build a fishing port-house. E6 looks like a good place to build some sort of greek-like shrine. E7 looks like a good place to build a mini-carnival. C3 looks like a restaurant/pub. C4 looks like a general/grocery store. SE3 looks like meeting/event pavilion. SE4 looks like a cartography shop. SE2 looks like a scroll/charms shop (ps-scrolls/alcarity/sots/jewels/talis). SE1 looks like a stone/raw metals workshop.

Not sure where I'd put the reagent/mage shop (non ps-scrolls/jewels/talis), flea market (cheapo magic items), furniture store, artifact shop, smith (non-raw), fletchers, and inn. "

"Follow-up on "design".

I personally would like this to become a player-run city. In luna, all the shops are designed to host dozens upon dozens of assorted vendors. I would rather see there be legitimate themed shops. There is no reason why there cannot be actual themed shops that are still functional and useful without turning new mag into a garbage heap like luna. If you have a shop there, and someone else has a shop, etc... cross-vendor instead of sticking odd assortments on each of your lots. You have a mage shop, friend has an armor shop, keep it like that. Setup an armor vendor on his shop, and he can set up a mage vendor on yours, and the whole city can be done this way. Or, gold willing, outright sell stuff to eachother for resale on the appropriate shop's owner's merchant (less merchants).

Would be so much nicer to have a real city than a garbage heap like luna. Want mage stuff? go to the mage shop. armor stuff? go to the armor shop. raw mats? go to the apropriate raw mats shop "

"I figure that it depends upon who gains the lots. If roughly half of the lots are ended up being owned by somewhat respectable and mature people, I could see it happening. It also would depend on how much people would want to see such a city, and if they would want to move there or not. "
Basically, the idea would be to have npc-like shops setup, each for a certain purpose. Each shop would have a low number of vendors (2-5). The owner of each shop would buy items relating to their shop from other shop owners and resell them on their vendors. That is, if you own a ps/sot/alcarity shop, you would buy those items from the other shop owners in the area who are wishing to sell them (at a break-even price for both of you), and sell them on your vendors (goal is less vendors). If you have items that don't belong in your shop, you sell them to the appropriate shop. This would keep shops to having a strict theme to them, improve community relations, and reduce the rediculous amount of vendors that Luna has. The overall benefit of this is... 1) better looking town, 2) cool town, 3) better shopping. If the town was setup like this, players wouldnt need to hunt through a garbage mall. Go to New Mag, go straight to the 1 player-run blacksmithy shop, look through the armor vendor. Don't see what you want? Well, then New Mag dosn't have it, because you are at the smith shop. Looking for a Scrappers? Go to New Mag, go straight to the 1 Magic Shop, look through the scribe vendor. Neato, they have it, and it was much easier than going through an ill-arranged mall.

Thoughts?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If lightning should strike and I actually win a plot, this is what will happen to it.

I will give it away (not sell, give) to a role play project which I consider worthy.

If I should, against all odds, win the plot I want then I will turn it into a loading/unloading dock for all pirate activities. (That plot is, I belive, SW3... the one closest to the docks)

My hope is that a few of the houses will have actual player-manned shops (as opposed to vendors)... but that's hoping against 13 years of UO tradition of placing vendors and forgetting about them when the owner gets bored.

We'll see what happens... I could just wind up homeless.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I put a bid on all the plots, if I win one, I am moving there and opening a brothel.
Line forms behind me folks.

I've got a couple of tickets for a few plots, and a whole lot of tickets for one plot in particular. If I win I'm going to build a crystal borg cube packed with vendors, the celiling will be covered in every garish neon colored object I can get my hands on and the inside will be filled with vet statues so nobody can even move near my house without going deaf and blind! It's gonna be great.

Or maybe I'll just build a simple farm house with a vendor or two working in the yard.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't forget a full collection of noise-making statues.

And a singing crystal ball. Or six.

And every other tile filled with a black cat statue (dyed neon)!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't believe I forgot the black cats!
I'll need at least a gross of them. Anyone selling?

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I win one (I better atleast win ONE having spent close to 70m on tickets) I'm going to make it an obvious cluster-f-bomb. Be ready to shield your eyes and ears

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*practices using Jedi mind trick*

Magincia is not the town you want...

You will sell all your properties to me....

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Realizes jedi mind tricks wont work and goes straight to using force lightning on everyone*