• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bowcraft/Fletching] Magical Bows

C

Caelas

I have about 72.5 Bow/Fletch skill. I learned the recipies for the magical bows, but when I look at my chance of sucessfully making one, it says 0.0 even though it says I only need 70. What gives? If I put on a fletching talisman, it says I have whatever chance increase I have on the talisman.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
at gm the special bows like mischief maker, night reaper (the ones that use peerless ingredients) are only 40% success.

the min skill for those is 75..

at gm the special bows, like light weight shortbow, slayer longbow (the ones that use gems) are 50% success with 5% exceptional.

the min skill for those is 70..

C

Caelas

Does a failure only cost wood, or the ingredients too? I don't want to have a chance at wasting para ingredients...eek!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
not sure about the peerless ingredients that require 10 pieces, but I know the special gems and peerless ingredients that only require one each, aren't lost on failure.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just wood is lost.

gems and ingrediants stay in pack on failures.

one other thing to note.. you can make the semi arty bows (ones with gems) with a runic kit and get the mods of the kit + the mod of the gem and if its exceptional it has 40 DI.

the lightweight shortbow is really nice.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to my menu, it takes 85 minumum bowcrafting to make a Magical Shortbow, dunno where you read 70.

S

Sir Kenga

70 minimum skill for recipe bows. But there is strange things with them 70 minimum skill, and chances are worse then with heavy crossbow, which is 80 skill.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I believe the big difference is many recipe items (especially the bows) start at 0% chance of success (as all smith items do), when bowcrafting, tailor, and some other crafting skills start at 50% at the skill where one can start making normal items.