• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Magic Reflect in Trammel

D

dereck

I've been away from UO for almost two years.

Before I left I was reducing the resist spells on my mage in favor on being a mage/bard. At that time magic reflect was only useful in Fel in PvP.

Has that changed? I was in Jhelom and had the wraiths pretty much beat me up.

Thanks.

R

RichDC

Sorry do you mean resist spells or magic reflect the spell?

If so, Resist spells is pretty usefull in the right circumstances (stops the ease of poison, para, mana drain also lowers the amount of damage from pain spike)

Magic reflect the spell, is usefull if you have scribe...cast that and reactive armour for 20free resists.

D

dereck

What is the best spell to cast on yourself to gain in Resisting Spells?

It's been so long ...

R

RichDC

Start by casting protection once, it lowers your magic resist by 35.

Then its a matter of casting weaken, clumsy and feeblemind...

Or...what shard are you on? when i get in in about 3hours (at work atm) ill show you where the spellbinders are in haven and how to use them to work resist very quickly.

D

dereck

I'm on Lake Superior.

This is embarassing because all my mages are GMs but two years ago Resist Spells became not important in Trammel or I wouldn't have lowered them.

Now when I get back I find out they are important again.

I tried Mind Blast but that didn't do anything.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you will no longer gain in magic resist from Direct damage spells.

To gain you have to cast weaken, feeblemind, clumsy, poison, mana drain.

A great way to gain is have a friend remove his Eval Int skill to a soul stone.
Then have him cast paralyze fields and you walk through them length wise.

This will get you to 120 fast. And by fast I mean a couple of hours.

Good luck and welcome back!

S

Sebrina

That Magic Reflection gave me problems too. Check your gumps and targetting to make sure it's off. I think that I had to recast the spell to get it off...and think the whole mess on that is crazy. Once you have it off, check (Status) on paperdoll and it should read true again. Then you can make adjustments with armor and such.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the best spell to cast on yourself to gain in Resisting Spells?

It's been so long ...
I gain resist by normal combat with monsters.

You can also gain it up to 120 by "flagging" on the ghost creatures in the ruins of Old Haven, to the east of New Haven.

They only cast the kinds of spells (non-direct damage, curse type-spells) that you can gain resist off of. So you can either let them pound on you and heal through it, or you can keep ahead of them and wander Old Haven with ghost monsters on your trail and not take any actual damage at all, just be cursed and weakened to all Hell.

-Galen's player

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes on the spirits in Old haven area with the protection. Also can stone a skill and go do the Samuri quest. Failing the Honorable Execution also drops your resist even more for a short time.

Other side of the coin is get a Satyre near an area in the desert where they are on the otherside of the rocks. Agro on the Satyre till it discords you. Invis. to break the agro and keep close to the Satyre so the discord remains and let the changling cast on ya. Seen players doing many other skills discorded like scribe/tink/lumberjacking/mining................

R

RichDC

Wow...sorry i didnt show you last night couldnt get on...complicated answers...

The easiest is one of 2way (3if you were on GL) park a boat on the coast of of haven and lure as many Spellbinders as you can to the boat, board and stand (may want to keep in war and target them so they dont stop) you will GM in about an hour if that.

The other is to lure 6 spellbinders to the south and east, there you will see a small building with the south east corner in ruin...run in close door behind you and stand on that corner...they will cast over the wall, same thing as boat, little slower as 6 is the max you can use here.

There is another place where you can have 10 but ill let you find that one :p