• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Magic Failure

Caine Family

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The door slammed open, hitting the wall and causing a loud crash.

“MASON!”

Thea appeared from the back room, obviously in the process of dressing to go out. “What’s wrong?”

“Where is Mason?”

“Upstairs, I think. What’s wrong?” Thea asked again.

“MASON! GET DOWN HERE, NOW!” Melody yelled up the stairs.

Mason slowly walked down the stairs. “It wasn’t my fault! I TRIED, but the spell just didn’t work.”

“What the hell is wrong with you?” Melody shouted at him. “If that scout had gotten away, Cove could have been overrun.”

“I know. I’m sorry.” Mason said with tears in his eyes. “I was reading this spell book. The one the lady at the tavern loaned me. I found this new spell. It’s called ‘fireball’.” Mason hung his head. “I wanted to try it, but it didn’t work.”

“If Captain Nyveh hadn’t been there to kill that Orc, you might have been badly hurt. You know damn well the Orcs keep sending scouts to test our defenses. If they think Cove is not well defended, they will try taking it over. We are the first defense to make sure that doesn’t happen.” She glared at her brother. “You know the town people are counting on us!”

Thea chuckled at Mason’s misery. “You know he’s an idiot that can’t do anything right.”

Melody turned her glare towards her sister. “Stay out of this Thea. Go get ready to go out drinking…it’s what you are best at anyhow.”

Thea turned back to her room and departed in a huff.

Turning back to her brother, “You need to stop playing with magic, which you obviously can’t control, and pick up your bow. At least you can hit SOMETHING with that!”

Shaking her head, she turned and stormed out of the house.

Thea walked past her brother, pushing him roughly out of her way. “Way to go idiot!” Laughing, she stepped outside without another glance at her brother.

Angrily, Mason narrowed his eyes at the closed door.

“I’ll show her. I’ll show them ALL!”

Flipping through his rune book, he found the one he was looking for, and said the magic words to take him to his destination.

Melody Caine
Mason Caine
Thea Caine