• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mages are rediculously overpowered.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously, they're so overpowered, I can't wait to get mine done, so I can kill people in 3 spells and laugh. Does anyone test this garbage? Seriously. Hey I know, lets just throw bad ideas against the wall, and see if people will enjoy them. Nerf some of the more fun templates, make mages overpowered by a long shot, and add armor enhancements that are boring and don't stack. Wheee. Bad patches were old years ago.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously, they're so overpowered, I can't wait to get mine done, so I can kill people in 3 spells and laugh. Does anyone test this garbage? Seriously. Hey I know, lets just throw bad ideas against the wall, and see if people will enjoy them. Nerf some of the more fun templates, make mages overpowered by a long shot, and add armor enhancements that are boring and don't stack. Wheee. Bad patches were old years ago.
LoL at Balinor. You were always a horrible player so I have no idea what you think your doing talking about PvP. Mages just took a HUGE kick in the pants with the last publish when they took away the ability to overcap DCI & UPGRADED the HLD effect, so I don't know what your talking about. Try actually hitting your own macros for a change lol. Vhinn.... lololol... Actually log on Sonoma so I can trash you on Peon k?

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, there is a definite caster bias in this edition - fighters just end up being meat shields for mages. They need to be nerfed. Clerics are just as bad and don't get me started on psions.

Oh wait, wrong game... =P

Last edited:

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seem to recall posts complaining about how overpowered dexers are with this new publish. I love reading the forums :p

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously, they're so overpowered, I can't wait to get mine done, so I can kill people in 3 spells and laugh. Does anyone test this garbage? Seriously. Hey I know, lets just throw bad ideas against the wall, and see if people will enjoy them. Nerf some of the more fun templates, make mages overpowered by a long shot, and add armor enhancements that are boring]and don't stack. Wheee. Bad patches were old years ago.
If you're dying in three spells then your HP are too low, you aren't chugging during a combo, you aren't appling away any curses/debuffs, you aren't disrupting the mage enough (since he can't kill you in three spells if you fizzle him), or you are going about PvP completely wrong being ill-prepared for the field.

It sounds like you have little field experience thus far if you really think mages are overpowered. If you're a dexxer going up a wrestle parry mage then yeah you WILL have some difficulty.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
learn to pvp, if you're dead to 3 spells you really need to learn how to heal. with 50 EP and a 4 second Bandie there is now way on earth you can die to a mage in 3 spells.

Lets see I cast curse (1 spell) you eat an apple.
I cast curse again (2nd spell) now at this point to do enough damage to hurt you I need to do a combo of explode flame strike, so you see me casting explode, you then hit your trap box to do some damage to your self then hit the bandie macro to start healing. explode goes off by which time your bandie heals the lot, you eat another apple to lift the curse, I then hit you with and flame strike and you then chug a heal pot.

so that's 4 spells and you are still at full life and uncursed.

Maybe you just need to learn how to pvp and don't stand around in one spot allowing a mage to cast on you

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May I ask what exactly has been changed in the game to make Mages a stronger template in PvP, currently ?

Just for the sake of the discussion, why would, for example, be a dexer at a disadvantage when fighting versus a Mage, as of now ?

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you aren't disrupting the mage enough (since he can't kill you in three spells if you fizzle him)

Doesn't the Protection spell ensure that a Mage is not interrupted while casting ?

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In protection your casting time is so slow that if you die to a mage in protection it can only be due to a total lack of healing
Have to remember that mage skills can be amplified by other skills. The mage that overpowered the OP did it with at least three other skills. Others might confirm those skills along the line of Tinker, Smith and Tailor. Really shouldn't get between a Mule and their BoDs.