• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Magery / Tamer Help.

DasDarkOne

Adventurer
Hello, Everyone first of all I just wanted to thank everyone for their help I really appreciate it.
I have just returned to UO recently about a couple months ago, I played a long time ago and have no way on recovering the account so I have started a new one. (On Atlantic)
(long story short its impossible no longer have email, no longer have cc, don't have knowledge of character names since I was a kid at the time this being atleast 10 years ago)
I started a mage tamer, and the template is going decently, but I'm struggling I wont lie haha.
my apologies for the rambling,

Anyways,

What I was hoping to ask if someone could give me a template of what's considered to be the best in slot mage armor so I know what I need to work up towards.
And if anyone plays on Atlantic and can help mentor me on a mage / tamer.
if anyone has extra mage armor aswell that's within the template as well I would greatly appreciate it, as my funds in game are very small since I'm still pretty new.
But just a best in slot list alone would be amazing thank you so much!

feel free to directly message me here, leave a comment or direct message me so I can share my discord info.

The skill template I think I'm going to use is:
(I currently have almost everything on the list around the 90's excluding spell weaving, as I haven't started the quest yet)

Magery
Eval int
med
taming
lore
spell weaving

All 120 when I can afford the power scrolls.

Thank you very much for your time!

DasDarkOne

Adventurer
Really hoping to find someone who can mentor me on the new taming system and which pets are useful for what :)
thanks again!

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Most important is to have at least 1 Soulstone , so you can switch skills for different encounter.
Spell weaving - Necro +SS - Resist spells

For mage (hands) best in slot are Hephaestus shield + Balakai staff (or a spell book ) or Swords of prosperity.
Rings and bracelets ? Any you can find , better not antique
Robe - go get shroud of condemned in UW or blackthorn robe.

You don't need "best in slot" , mage suit is easy to collect of legendary pieces with all 70 resist and 100 LRC. And very cheap if you are on ATL.

Now there is an event in Deceit. +1 FC Robe , +1 FC belt and 50 SDI spell book are things your mage needs. Don't forget First aid belt (must have item for tamer with veterinary)