• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Magery Problem with New Dragons?

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they have a cap of say... 110+, I don't see how they can regain that magery if they lose it - because they won't cast any spells that can gain after 110. Unless they are going to add EQ to that list
.. com'on Rikktor's cousin!

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

Discord training?

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I was thinking, but I haven't trained magery on any of my pets, so I better not let my dragon die, cause I'll probably never train his magery back up.

Magery strikes me as a crazy slow skill to work on a pet. I can't ever tolerate the time involved training skills like magery. Also, these dragons seme to like to teleport... I'd imagine a lot of the common ways to train magery would cause these dragons to kill your friend's pets. Bleed attack + casting will probably make it challenging at best to pull your dragon off your friend's. I guess one person could log off or something, but still... I could see that being something you have to do every 3 min lol

G

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but when u tame these new greater dragons, I thought their magery skills are deducted 10% and thats the fixed max skill there?

Edit: My bad, I missed out where they DO lose skills when they die, right? So that's what Lord Kotan meant by gaining in magery back their max skills *silly me, slaps forehead*

Well it'd take a very long while to gain magery that high I suppose but still even casting a bless spell may get u raise in magery sometime.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Well it'd take a very long while to gain magery that high I suppose but still even casting a bless spell may get u raise in magery sometime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure? it doesn't seem like... my dragon is still 117.2/117.3

U

uomlplayer

my dragon has 124.8 magery died few times and was @ 123.9 gained it back up to 124.8 in couple hours without discord.....

G

I disco trained my supa drag,he hit 123. sumthing in magery in no time.

G

Well, I admit I am an idiot and let my super draggy go into a horde of ice elementals, snow elementals, frost trolls, giant ice serpents, and a white wyrm. He died a slow death, but man, I felt stupid. (Cast recall faster, dammit! Faster!) Most of my pets rarely die anyway, yet my super dragon died.

*bangs head on wall*

Being considerably bummed out, I decided to continue training and overcome my losses. Besides, I was probably rusty for not playing UO seriously in months. And this was a chance to see if magery will really come back after death.

So I looked at his 125.3 magery. My dragon's magery was originally 125.4. Of course, I remembered someone telling me about a dev who said it doesn't matter what the pet casts to gain magery anymore, as long as it casts. That was from a long time ago, and I suppose it works the same way now.

After three more hours of training at the white wyrm's den (and avoiding hordes of icy creatures), I got that 0.1 mage back. No discord.

I

imported_Yalp

I took new dragon to succubus room in blood dungeon to train.. (tip.. para succubus are actually VERY good for training). He did die a couple of times. Went from 125.2 to 124.9. Got it back in less than an hour later that night when i went to chaos to battle with Balrons. No disco. PARA Balrons provide a bit of healing effort. but not much.

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM