• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mage weapon and FC/FCR +Skill

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So how is this generally done ?

Get a -20 mage weapon, toss in crystalline ring then curse because my fc/fcr is jacked up? I suppose then I can throw in Inquisitors and lose mods Or instead I toss on nighteyes and lose 5 more points off my dci ;x

The issue I keep running into is if I imbue rings and bracelet to offset a mage weapon I am going to lose a slot. I am guessing if I have to drop a mod, it will be enhanced pots, or possibly drop any sdi on jewels and just rely on arcane empowerment, which does that make my sdi susceptible to purges ??

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Mage weapon does not have negative FC or FCR. I assume you mean spell channeling (regardless of skill), or am I wrong?

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yes spell channeling. The issue is to fit it a weapon I have to now pick up 20 points it would seem, and I am not wanting to sacrifice enhance pots from my jewels. ;c

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
When making a bokuto with the intent of reforging for -15 mage weapon, do you have to use the whetstone beforehand to remove the DI mod?

Last edited:

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
You don't need to remove DI at all, unless you want to. I'm not sure about it, since I don't know of anyone who has actually used a whetstone, but I think you can use it at any time.

Also, with the new loot system, you can get a FC 2 on a ring/jewel. I've never seen a "clean" one, but I suppose it'd be possible.

I think there's a town trade deal that can get you 1 FC too.

Also, you could imbue Spell Channel onto a weapon, then also imbue FC 1, giving you FC 0 on the weapon... but this takes a slot too.

No matter how you look at it, if you want SC on a weapon/shield, you're going to have to compensate for that -1 FC penalty some how.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Weapon: spell channel, 1 fc, 15-20 dci, 15-20 mage weapon, maybe even 2 hpr
Ring: 1/3, 25 e.p, 10-15 mage, rest in dci
Brace: 1/3, 25 e.p, 0-10 mage, rest in dci

Additional options: Slither/Treatise on Alchemy

Not seeing a problem these mods have been capped for 5+ years.

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Weapon: spell channel, 1 fc, 15-20 dci, 15-20 mage weapon, maybe even 2 hpr
Ring: 1/3, 25 e.p, 10-15 mage, rest in dci
Brace: 1/3, 25 e.p, 0-10 mage, rest in dci

Additional options: Slither/Treatise on Alchemy

Not seeing a problem these mods have been capped for 5+ years.
I was trying to make up 10% spell dmg on my rings as well, that's why I was having issues. Moving enough stuff around I made everything fit.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
So if you follow the suggestion from @Lord GOD(GOD) with the following tweak.

Shield: SC, FC 1, DCI 20, ... a little int or mana or lmc maybe?

Then you can replace the DCI on one or both rings with some SDI, in theory.

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
What would you prefer, HPR 2 or on Hit effect. If On Hit effect which one would you chose ?
I thought fireball was the way to go, but a friend of mine said to use lightning.

I should add in my case I am currently at 8 hpr. I could tack on 2 more with the sword, or I could add a hit effect.

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I'd do 2 HPR, unless you're building it just for duels, (or just have both), if spawning I find having hit spell is a pain because it causes you to rubber band if it goes off when you're trying to move.