• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

mage suit

S

sec

All resists 70

MR 4.
LRC 100%
SDI 37%
LMC 20%
DCI 32%
FCR 6
FC 2
RPD 30%
MI 6
HPR 3
HPI 2
EP 25%

How would this suit work in pvm/pvp ?
Got 100 med no focus so about how much mana reg do you need to not go out of mana all the time? Any pointers on whats needed are most welcome.

Oh and trying to fit poison scribe with 710 skills, its hard :/

I

imported_GFY

The suit look outstanding.

You shouldn't have too much problem with mana unless you play a Spellweaver. (they always seem like a mana pig)

You didn't post your template but here's a good one if you want a Nox mage.

Mage
Eval
Resist
Med
Wrestle
Poison

You could replace wrestle with inscribe and carry a mage weapon for defense. Might be a bit weak 1 vs 1 but would be pretty strong in group actions.

J

Jaimes

The big thing I would change is a bit more LMC. 24 mana flamestrikes are mmmm.

I

imported_mr.blackmage

drop some SDI, get some more MR, and get LMC to at least 35 (but you WANT 40). You might have more dps with the SDI, but once you run out of mana, it's a moot point. I would say to aim for at least 6 MR with only gm med. If you are human, you have another mr from the JoaT 20 focus.

Not sure why you want to have inscribe and poisoning. Choose one, although poisoning is pretty good for field fights at times. Wouldn't say it is too useful for PvM, the same with scribe.

I

imported_Zhakarin

<blockquote><hr>

drop some SDI, get some more MR, and get LMC to at least 35 (but you WANT 40). You might have more dps with the SDI, but once you run out of mana, it's a moot point. I would say to aim for at least 6 MR with only gm med. If you are human, you have another mr from the JoaT 20 focus.

Not sure why you want to have inscribe and poisoning. Choose one, although poisoning is pretty good for field fights at times. Wouldn't say it is too useful for PvM, the same with scribe.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said, SDI cap in PvP is 15, swap some for MR and LMC. I'm running 12 MR with 100 med and it works a lot better than 6MR (what i used to have.) You could use some more DCI too if you can squeeze it in, 45 is the cap there. Choose either inscribe or poison, there's just not enough room to have both and still have enough med. I like poison in PvM and PvP, DP fields are great at champ spawns and field PvP. Drop a DP field on yourself when your PvMing and monsters won't stand next to you and hit you constantly, even if they're immune to poison. Put the rest (at least 55, more if you can fit) in chivalry for remove curse, there are a lot of necros about lately.

G

70/60/72/62/71 mr7 100lrc 16hpi 5mi 38lmc ep40 str8 int10 dci40 hci14 2/5 both hands free woop woop!

G

dci glasses, fey leggings and pendant. my ring though is a good piece ep25 14hci 17lrc 0/2

G

<blockquote><hr>

Choose one, although poisoning is pretty good for field fights at times. Wouldn't say it is too useful for PvM, the same with scribe.

[/ QUOTE ]
petals/pots

I

imported_mr.blackmage

What about them? You can poison infinitely and can carry a finite number of potions/petals, not to mention that once you die, you have no way of curing besides arch cure/bandies/chiv... And if you are relying on arch cure, chances are you will die against a mage with skill.

G

My pvp mage suit is gonna be about this (not complete yet but im sure it will serve me well)

It contains following artifacts:
Pendant of magi
crimson cincture
EP &amp; magery talisman
tome of lost knowledge
ornament of magician
quiver of infinity
Heart of lion or violet courage (depending the resist on sleeves and gloves im still looking)
Folded steel reading glasses or Ancient samurai helm (again, depending the resist on sleeves and gloves im still looking)
Has already these really super non arti pieces
Leather leggins with: MR 2 LRC 18 14 6 6 16 13
Ring with: DCI 15 FCR 3 LRC 14 Cold resist 11

then i need jsut gloves and sleeves with suitable resists and 18 lrc, 5 lmc and 4 MR is must too.

So what im heading of is set that has like these total mods and resists:

65+ on all resists
MR 9
LRC 100
SDI 15 cap (goes to 25 because i will have 100 Inscription skill on template)
LMC 40
DCI 50
FC/FCR 2/6
Magery +20
Enchance potions 20

STR/INT/DEX set: 125 15 115

STR/INT/DEX with suit on: 133 20 133

Makes HP/M/S 126 133 20

and best thing of all on this suit is that it has 50 DCI WITHOUT shield weared.

Template is gonna be:
Eval 120
Resist 120
Wrestling 120
Magery 100 (but boosted to 120 with tome and magery ep talisman)
Meditation 105
100 Inscription
Chiv 55 (yes really important to remove curse never fizzle)

Makes real skill total of 720, real skill + equipment 740.

Hope some1 gets any help from that awesome suit/template choice.

I

imported_GFY

You must have transposed your int and dex.

If you can get 133 mana with 20 INT please tell me how!

G

"You must have transposed your int and dex."

Thats right my bad, anyways, what you think about that suit?

NeXeD LeGeNd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the suit will be fine for everything xcept if u have to fight a necro.

If u attempt to fight a decent necro mage with that temp you will get owned in one combo.

I

imported_GFY

I think the suit looks great.

I went with Rune Beetle Carapise for mine because I like the bonuses. I your case it looks like you did fine with LMC, INT, Mana, and such.

Having 40 LMC makes a hugh difference IMHO. Combine that with good mana and INT bonuses and your ready to roll!

Only change I might consider is boosting your INT as high as possible. I have 10 dex and carry refresh pots to make up for it. It was annoying running out of stamina when being chased. My mana pool is 190+ depending on what leggings I wear. My only concern is you may run low with 133 mana.

I

imported_GFY

<blockquote><hr>

Don't bother pvping with 60 fire u'll get owned.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have curse cast on you it drops all your resist to 60 anyway. As long as your resist is above 60 you should be ok.

NeXeD LeGeNd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
u dont need 190 mana to pvp.

If u only have 60 fire 60 poison im going to strangle corpse xpld fs eo pain spike you and u will die no question.

u need 75 poison and fire to ensure no ones doing 60 damage with an FS.

Your stats look fine to me... maybe drop some str for some int... you can always chug for the dex and the str... but other than that its fine.

If u want to try and use 60 fire or poison like GFY said you will do fine against everything except a necro will destroy you. There is a ****load of Necro's in case u didn't notice... oh and GFY whats your char name on ATL?

I

imported_GFY

My main pvper on Atlantic is ah... let me think... oh ya... GFY