• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mage in progress

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I have the follwing build:

I have at the moment with the intention of buying 120 PS,

Mage 100
Eval int 100
Med 100
Resist 100
Focus 100
Anat 44.7 (as i read on another post that it helps with defense) want 100 or 120

I thought about dropping Anat for spellweave, would this work? or what am I missing??

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have several mages. My main, Rowan's build is very similar to the one you have. The only differences are she has inscription and alchemy instead of focus and anat. She has spell weaving which at a level 6 focus can rock. At that focus, Essence of wind will kill every lower mob on the screen and word of death lowers hit points and quickly finishes off the mob. Also you have a great spell, that gives healing over time. The two problems of spell weaving are getting a circle and mana. Having focus would really help with the mana problem. I've never used anat on any of my mages, so can't advise on how helpful it is. My play style is staying out of hit range and use evs.
Hopefully this helps.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
what are you trying to achieve with the template? pvp, pvm?

it looks like your trying to build a pvp mage. if so scrap focus and take inscription upto 100 this will beef your sdi in pvp to 30%.

for pvm I would suggest taking mysticism to legendary, you can scrap anatomy and you'd have a very suitable template that dishes out punishment as you can supplement your suit build to use as much sdi as possible.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I have 2 mages, maybe one I will PvM and another for PvP, on another mage with better stats up to 120, I also have necro 120 and SS 119.4, any useful?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea it is

120 Mage
80 med
120 resist
100 scribe
80 Poison
100 anat
120 eval

Eval+anat = 120 wrestle

That's my build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I copied my build off cazador as we use to be in a guild together until he got his panties in a bunch and left me...

j/k.

seriously though its a great build. hits like a tank.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Whats the best way to train antomy on a mage? and Poison?, scribe I guess is buying thousands of bank scrolls or books and making them spellbooks?

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
you can train anatomy by healing yourself and stoning the skill over, or you can just use the skill on another player or mob.

best way to do poison is on a warrior as well. I like to goto painted caves and stab trogolytes with a dagger that has high mana leech. you can make 6-10 daggers and pre coat them with poison. check out uo guide for what levels to switch poison types.

scribe is a grind but essentially yes, make scrolls best suited for gains to 85 and switch to spell books. nice thing about scribe is from 85 - gm you should get all the good slayers for yourself.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scribe is different now or something..

Start a character at 50..
Make recalls till 60(might not be the most cost effective, but most useful)
Spell books from 60-100(use about 30-40k scrolls) plus you can get slayer books

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I know its a bit of a stupid question but wanted to make sure, Human or Elf? I know Elfs have affinity to spells granting a slight adavantage plus not need for nightsight and +5 resist to fill, does Human hold another hidden advantage not known to maybe compete against Elf?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know its a bit of a stupid question but wanted to make sure, Human or Elf? I know Elfs have affinity to spells granting a slight adavantage plus not need for nightsight and +5 resist to fill, does Human hold another hidden advantage not known to maybe compete against Elf?
For this template i would go human for the inherited 2 mana Regen and jack of all trades (20 skill in all skills) so you can do the spell weaving quest and cast attunement/gift of renewal..