• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Macro "Trading"

F

Fink

Often it's difficult to explain to someone in-game how to create or use a macro, especially if they're new to the game as well as the SA client.

I thought it might be handy to be able to trade macros in the trade window like an item. They would drop into a special slot rather than the main pack, from which they could be dragged to a hotbar or perhaps the macro list.

If you encounter a newbie, you could give them some basic templates or specific macros to make life a little easier.

Any thoughts?

B

Beastmaster

Helpful idea, but unfortunately it could lead to some nasty exploits.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Helpful idea, but unfortunately it could lead to some nasty exploits.
Yeah my thoughts as well. How many people do the "Oh you want to tame that Greater the Easy way? Run up to it and hit the Alt+F4 key combination"

I like Fink's idea but I am not sure any MMORPG is .... ready for that. :(

On the other hand, perhaps a forum here or a down load section, perhaps policed by some of the experts here would be a good way to achieve the spirit of Finks suggestions.

Perhaps the procedure could be to submit the macro/command to the "Gildar Squad" and if they approve it, then it could be added to the download list with a small short Description.