• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Macro Help

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm trying to set my macro to select a Guardian in doom and then whirlwind. I cannot figure out the macro to hit to select the nearest target when it spawns. It always says I have no hostiles near me. What is the correct macro to set in CC? Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no clue same prob.

seems a hostile in cc. has to be attacking you before it works.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, a mobile only becomes a hostile after it targets you. The problem with the select nearest mobile is that it will try to select other players/their pets etc. Maybe this isn't a problem when you're always alone, but Doom is crowded these days...

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ok I will try select nearest mobile.

If it auto-selects other chars, how are many sitting still in the middle of the guardian room? As see one or two warriors also moving, but most appear to be stationary.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I checked the guardian room on my shard, @3pm eastern yesterday, and it was camped...

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EC is best for that room. I switch out to my ninja jewels and summon mirrors, then switch to my regular jewels with the click of a button. Mass chaos erupts with 12 guardians and I hit a button for select nearest hostile, whirlwind and attack last. Then loot with a single click. Gold goes to primary pack, bones and maps to second pack.

I'm a 2d player for everything else.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been meaning to look at how to do this. Is it something to do with the agents setup?
Under actions>other you can select toggle loot bag. To complete this, open the pack within your main pack, click the icon for toggle loot bag, and then target the bag inside your main pack with the cursor. Then just single right click the item in the corpse. I don't know if it matters but, I have pack view set to grid, and quick loot enabled.

I also have a macro set for target nearest enemy, whirlwind, attack current target. I have my mousewheel up and down set to target last and target next enemy incase something goes wrong.

I'm trying to set my macro to select a Guardian in doom and then whirlwind. I cannot figure out the macro to hit to select the nearest target when it spawns. It always says I have no hostiles near me. What is the correct macro to set in CC? Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-
For 2d Obsidian, I use this macro
Select nearest> hostile
Secondary ability (I use the double axe)
Attack last

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Under actions>other you can select toggle loot bag. To complete this, open the pack within your main pack, click the icon for toggle loot bag, and then target the bag inside your main pack with the cursor. Then just single right click the item in the corpse. I don't know if it matters but, I have pack view set to grid, and quick loot enabled.
Ah yeah I have a loot bag setup like this. Sorry I must of read your post wrong mate. I thought it might be possible to set different items to go into different bags inside the backpack.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
There's an easier way to do looting by setting up an agent. Then you can make it so that when you open the corpse, the looting agent(s) automatically fires, and everything is looted to it's place.

Beware though, while you're dragging stuff around, you don't swing. I was playing around with the new "loot everything" option, and noticed that for the time it was looting things, I was not swinging.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Ah yeah I have a loot bag setup like this. Sorry I must of read your post wrong mate. I thought it might be possible to set different items to go into different bags inside the backpack.
If you're willing to customize your UI, I am 99.9% sure this is possible. Heck, you can even have it loot any item with "artifact" in it's name if you're willing to write the code. I'm willing, just too busy - it turns out that since I write code all day, I'd rather just play the game at home, instead of coding the UI.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's an easier way to do looting by setting up an agent. Then you can make it so that when you open the corpse, the looting agent(s) automatically fires, and everything is looted to it's place
This sounds more like it! I shall have to look into this.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's an easier way to do looting by setting up an agent. Then you can make it so that when you open the corpse, the looting agent(s) automatically fires, and everything is looted to it's place
This sounds more like it! I shall have to look into this.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
There's a new action called "run agent" or something, that until you mod the UI, you'll need to set up to a hotkey, so then you can run the looting agent when you open the corpse.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't used EC enough to have figured out how to loot the specific items just by clicking the corpse yet. I will have to look into that, less clickity click is good for old pirates.