• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Macefighting] Macer Temp time.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK so with my ongoing renewing of chars since my return I seem to have another warrior left over.
Just a pop standard Paladin at moment with no weapon skill (must have stoned the skill)
I also seem to have acquired a whole bunch of very nice looking Mace weapons......

I'd sort of like to try out the slow Tank type of char with this one (not that slow but you get what I mean).
The sort of char where you can set it off fighting a mob then go make a brew without having to watch the screen constantly.

I'm guessing it gonna have to have....
120 - Mace
120 - Anatomy
120 - Parry
60 - Tactics ?

Also I think the base stats would be 100 STR/ 120 DEX / 40 INT. (stat at 260)

A quick guide to Equipment would be nice too, I'm assuming it's gonna be Dex increase and SSI?

Many thanks in advance.

Santos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would go 125 Str 125 Dex and 10 Int unless you get a lot of stat increase on the equipment. I try to max out STR and DEX at 150 if at all possible for damage and stamina. You can get a lot of mana increase in armor and you will most likely have mana leach on your weapons. I've been playing the ninja lately because I find ninjitsu mirror images to be far superior to parry and riding a mount but that is me. You could probably be the only ninja macer in UO. This is what I would do:

120 Mace
120 Ninjitsu or Parry and ride a swampy
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing
120 Chivalry

120 Mace
120 Bushido
120 Chivalry
60 Parry
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing/Necro

Weapon selection will be tough in general for macers. You can do a maul for double strike but you are going to need 180+ stamina and 35 SSI in your suit/divine fury from chivalry to swing at max speed. The other ones are faster but you won't be able to get a lot of leaching from them. If you are looking to just use armor ignore then it might be a bit easier to run.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that we only need 60 Tactics to do weapon specials, what sort of damage reduction are we looking at from a drop of 120 to 60?
Is it only like 2 or 3 extra hits to kill the mob?

Santos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With a Maul and 125 STR and no other bonus applied 31-40 per hit down to 25-32 per hit so about a 20% damage reduction before you get to damage modifiers. I wouldn't drop it that low for PvM but that is me.