• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Macefighting] Mace and shield - How much healing is good enough

T_Jones

Journeyman
1699665226916.png

It seems that I need to keep both healng and anatomy above 80. Here's my current build for the Feudal Lands event. It's my first warrior build.

1699665476232.png

My another question for this build is, is 95 resist good enough.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
View attachment 149174

It seems that I need to keep both healng and anatomy above 80. Here's my current build for the Feudal Lands event. It's my first warrior build.

View attachment 149175

My another question for this build is, is 95 resist good enough.
Keep in mind, if you're using a shield and you have bushido, there is a penalty for that. What weapons are you using with this build?

I think your anatomy, resist spells and healing are currently fine. If you're going to be a melee fighter, get that Mace Fighting to 120 and get Archery to zero. If you still have ample points left over, put them into Resist Spells.

T_Jones

Journeyman
Keep in mind, if you're using a shield and you have bushido, there is a penalty for that. What weapons are you using with this build?

I think your anatomy, resist spells and healing are currently fine. If you're going to be a melee fighter, get that Mace Fighting to 120 and get Archery to zero. If you still have ample points left over, put them into Resist Spells.
Thanks, Merlin.

This is my mace.

1699720750895.png

I use the shield because it gives some stats and the 10% SSI. I will remove the shield to see how it goes.

1699720819915.png

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't understand why bushido if you're not gonna be a sampire a straight pally macer one of the strongest melee builds
You have to decide Shield or no Shield, and Bushido stays or goes.

He can still use that weapon, without a shield and have the benefits of Bushido.

I use Chiv instead of Resist. In this event I stay in Beetlescape use a beetle tali have EoO on beetles.
Alternate weapon is a Fire Undead Slayer. Just run around the circle path and kill stuff as fast as you can.
No Dragons or Demons there unless you bring them in.

@T_Jones What is your name on LS?

Last edited:

T_Jones

Journeyman
You have to decide Shield or no Shield, and Bushido stays or goes.

He can still use that weapon, without a shield and have the benefits of Bushido.

I use Chiv instead of Resist. In this event I stay in Beetlescape use a beetle tali have EoO on beetles.
Alternate weapon is a Fire Undead Slayer. Just run around the circle path and kill stuff as fast as you can.
No Dragons or Demons there unless you bring them in.

@T_Jones What is your name on LS?
Char is Jordan.

I use mace and shield which literally disabled the stance of Bushido (both confidence and counter strike won't work) as parry is messed up. However the added stats and the 10% SSI from the shield still allow me to hit like crazy with perfection and spamming lightning strike + AI. It's my first melee build and I don't have another build which can kill faster in the Feudal Lands event with comparable survivability.

I tried to make a video for it. lol.

Mace and shield Melee Build

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cool. I have seen Jordan in chat. They call me Allen because I use many diff names in events.

The hammer pick is pretty fast. You could find 10ssi jewels on Atlantic that just have 1 other stat and imbue other things on those. Sux not to have the epaulettes. Use the 5 SSI city buff.
I and others can bring things from Atl to LS.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@T_Jones you can find SSI rings like the first on Atlantic for 5M. He has the 10SSI with 1 property for 7M.
1699900710343.png 1699900769524.png

Imbue what you need on the blank one.

You need 150 dex to use bandages fast so you probably have decent Stamina.

For the Hammer pick to swing at full speed you just need 180 Stamina and 20SSI.

For WW you can use the whip, Macing only has 2 WW weapons. The whip is the same speed as a hammer pick.

You should easily be able to get that stamina and speed and not use the shield, so you can use the benefits of Bushido.

Britches of Warding and Ozymandias Obi are two cheap items to build the suit around. Then you have spots on the Jewels to make the stats you need.

This suit is made from 5 armor 190 luck pieces, the only shard bound item is the Serpent skin quiver.
He is wearing a beetle slayer talisman so nothing comes from that.

1699901682529.png

If I can craft a suit that swings a composite bow or any melee weapon at max speed, you should be able to throw together enough to not need the shield.

Last edited:

T_Jones

Journeyman
Will try to get to what you mentioned here. My stamina now is on 163, will try to find to piece to make it 180 and will look for a good whip for WW and to get rid of the shield.

Thanks, Pawain. Much appreciated.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will try to get to what you mentioned here. My stamina now is on 163, will try to find to piece to make it 180 and will look for a good whip for WW and to get rid of the shield.

Thanks, Pawain. Much appreciated.
Unless you are playing in Winter Spur you rarely use WW. You can use the Bushido WW while you try it without a shield.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If he's not a sampire ww not as important
Why? If you are surrounded like we are in many events, you use that special the most. We happen to be doing an event with spread out mobs except in one area. If he is not in Winterscape he can just use his one weapon.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
@T_Jones you can find SSI rings like the first on Atlantic for 5M. He has the 10SSI with 1 property for 7M.
View attachment 149255 View attachment 149256

Imbue what you need on the blank one.

You need 150 dex to use bandages fast so you probably have decent Stamina.

For the Hammer pick to swing at full speed you just need 180 Stamina and 20SSI.

For WW you can use the whip, Macing only has 2 WW weapons. The whip is the same speed as a hammer pick.

You should easily be able to get that stamina and speed and not use the shield, so you can use the benefits of Bushido.

Britches of Warding and Ozymandias Obi are two cheap items to build the suit around. Then you have spots on the Jewels to make the stats you need.

This suit is made from 5 armor 190 luck pieces, the only shard bound item is the Serpent skin quiver.
He is wearing a beetle slayer talisman so nothing comes from that.

View attachment 149257

If I can craft a suit that swings a composite bow or any melee weapon at max speed, you should be able to throw together enough to not need the shield.
Cleanup warrior jewelry set have luck and cannot be worn out. My choice for events or for toons I don't want to spend time tailoring their gear.

T_Jones

Journeyman
I went for mace and shield because the best weapon I could find for my build is the Divine Sanctifier from the Feudal Lands event.
I managed to imbued an OK weapon for swords, using up all my runic hammers. So I hopped back to swords, as it seems that Lightnight strike + double strike hits harder, and with the two-handed weapon I am a true Samurai now. lol.

1700146897433.png

Last edited: