• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lurg ...

• Thread starter T_Amon_from_work
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

T_Amon_from_work

This is the named boss in Painted Caves. Someone was nice enough to bring him to the entrance area, then leave. I know WHY they left (he hits HARD!!) but ...

How does a solo player take him and beat him? Character setup:
Paladin, Soul Seeker as primary weapon

Stats:
HP - 112
Mana - 51
Stam - 100
Armor - 70-70-70-70-70

Skills (current/target):
Anatomy (100/100)
Chivalry (103/110)
Focus (100/100)
Healing (100/100)
Resist (90/90) - +10 ring
Swords (115/110)
Tactics (104.5/110)

DI - 22
HCI - 11
HP regen +10 (Bracelet of Health - also adds stat buffs)

Enemy of One/Consecrate Weapon were cast ... EoO was prolly a mistake as Trogs were beating on me and thus I incurred LARGE damage from them. <sigh> Grobu nowhere in sight.

I could drop BoH for a bracelet that pops DI by +20 for 42, but I lose stats - esp HP.

Ideas?

Thanks

E

Evilminion

Egads. Don't know, but lemme go get my dragon and I'll either whack him for ya or at least drag him back to his lair.

It's always annoying when somebody leaves a big, hairy, hard-hitting problem right in a doorway somewhere, heh. :p

D

Desolation87

Don't let yourself get over-whelmed with trogs. Lurg on is own is easy, but it's the spawn around him, much like the DF.

Have you ever thought about swapping focus for Bushido T'Amon? EDIT: Also no parrying and I see HCI but no DCI. So I presume your being hit quite alot by this guy?

E

Evilminion

All clear! :) Lurg has been summarily dispatched, and I left his "primitive fetish" on the floor for ya, in case you need it for anything.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled troglodyte walloping. :D

T

T_Amon_from_work

Can Bush aid in mana/stam regen? Not familiar with the skill. If so, I can stone off Focus and start Bushido.

As for Trogs I had only 1 but using EoO, it got thru with 100% damage, a hit from Lurg using a special (not concussion, something else that did extra) + a Trog at 100%, the HP dropped faster than I could bandage and cast.

T

T_Amon_from_work

How fast for a GD to take him out? And how much vetting to keep healed?

D

Desolation87

Bushido has an area attack which is extremly useful. Doesn't have a stam mana regen, but does have an HP regen move. You would gain your stam back from chiv. I found the best person to take down to painted caves was a provoker. A 120 bard and provoker will never fail. Or I never saw them fail.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I found that Cave Was on my Miner), That guy was there. I ran out fo the cave and brought my GD back.

I cleared him and maybe 2 dozen troggs before I assumed it was just a "Lets over whelm with respawns" zone.

I don't recall him being terrible hard or the troggs that were hitting on the GD at the same time. Had I become concerned I would have started peacing off some of the Troggs.

I also don't recall being very impressed with the Loot on him.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
easiest way to kill him is a sampire with a soul seeker or nights kiss. took him down in under a minute and a half with my samp.

E

Evilminion

Took about five minutes with my GD, vetting as needed. And hey, since trogs drop bandages, woot. :D

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
i haven't tried a warrior yet, Lessa usually either lets Ramoth or the pup play with Lurg. He can be a bit of a pain

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Will Trog's dispel a mage's EV? How does a mage do in the painted caves (no bard or taming)?

-OBSIDIAN-

T

T_Amon_from_work

Trogs appear to deal 100% physical damage (including specials), and I've seen no sign of casting ability on them at all. However, resists are unknown, so have no idea what might be the best summon to handle them.

That's why I'm working Painted Caves ... I wanna see what info I can build for the Hunters Guide here. Lurg up in the front was a special "treat" I was NOT ready for, nor had any idea on handling!

Wish the jopurnal would record the damage from my hits ... I need to get them as well. <sigh> Kinda hard writing that, staying alive and fighting - esp. with the pack attack they can do.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any time you want to do that, let me know and I can take part of that responsibility with any of the following, Greater Dragon, Dread War Horse, Cu Sidhe, Hiryu, Rune Beetle.

E

Evilminion

Okay, because I wuv you guys, I risked my brand-new "Glorious Lady" title to venture into the Painted Caves without my dragon and try mage tactics alone on the critters inside.

First up, trogs do not dispel EVs. However, unless you like karma loss, I don't recommend using EVs in here: too many dogs and cats around.

Second, Grobu and Lurg also do not seem to dispel EVs. They hit so hard, though, that an EV doesn't last long, particularly if they're together.

Third, you can only cast two EVs at a time, and while they're battling it out with Lurg and Grobu, two dozen troglodytes will be gnawing on your head.

All in all, unless you want to join me in the OooOOOOo Chorus, I don't recommend solo'ing this place as a mage.

And now, back to walloping white wyrms until I get my title back. :loser: Heehee!

T

T_Amon_from_work

Hun, you ARE Glorious, but a Lady? <ducks for cover>

I'm sloooooooowwwlllyyy working toward Glorious Lord for the 4th time. Last time I sacrificed fame to a Lich was oh, Feb 13th. I figured I'd use Destard for Fame/gem farming. Uhhhhh, yuh. Right. GDs untamed are STILL painful. So I have Glorious right now. <shrug>

Okay, thanks to Enigma and yourself I think we can pretty well put paaid to any magical abilities on these beasties. It also appears that if a mage were to go there, they should NOT do it solo.

I know that if you stay out of that one back area where Lurg and Grobu typicallt spawn, the Trogs themselves are no problem for my Paladin - even packed up to about 4 at a time.

E

Evilminion

Oooooooo, I am going to PINCH you for that, T!

Grrrrrrrrrrr... :D