• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Luna Vendors

G

It saddens me to see what Luna has become, bod vendors that have nothing for sale although their books are constantly full... you know who you are! Seems a bit unfair to those of us that work our crafters and happily give up our housing storage to do so.. However many of you seemingly keep your homes clear by the use of vendors for storage (or is it just to tease those of us needing a specific bod that your vendor is holding) doubtful.. Hopefully, Gm's will take note and see what is happening and eliminate your storage facilities and put the bods back into the game, so those of us that work our crafters can do so.

I thought this issue had been dealt with back when changes were made on the vendors that would not allow you to use them as storage apparently I was wrong in my assumption...

Disgruntled Crafter
Kimana

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ICQ me. Ill see if i got anything your looking for. I got more of the tailor BOD thing, but I do have a few smith bods.

G

I paged a GM on this issue before and was told that it wasn't illegal to place BOD book on vendors to be used as storage !!!!

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I paged a GM on this issue before and was told that it wasn't illegal to place BOD book on vendors to be used as storage !!!! Which I think is WRONG !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think that if you put somewhere on vendor your contact info and that it is for public viewing for trading it is legal. Not 100% sure though.

I

imported_Cysphruo

it was the case for some time that it was illegal to store them on vendors, however not long ago either in uhaul or a fof it was stated that they no longer cared, i would look it up but im not certain where to look nor is it a huge problem im concerned with, just thought i'd throw it out there.

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry, but if I couldn't use vendors for BOD storage.. I'd quit doing bods. If I had to use normal storage space for all my bods, I wouldn't have lockdowns for anything else I like to collect/keep.

I wonder if you are truly mad that people use vendors for bod storage, or that you are mad because you found a bod vendor, seached it for a bod you needed and you couldn't buy it. The owner of that bod vendor worked just as hard (scriptors aside) to collect it as you did.

Some players solely have mule chars as all their chars because that is what they like/choose to play. That's alot of bods to collect daily just to waste lockdown space. I say keep BOD lockdown vendors LEGAL.

A

Abaddon (Deth)

vendor –noun 1. a person or agency that sells.

I think the point here is that if you are using a VENDOR, then your items should be for sale, instead of using it as false storage space. For those of us that go around searching for one or two BODs to finish off a large, finding tons of books that have nothing for sale, but are full all the same, is disheartening. To keep BODs from taking up so much space, they gave us BOD books (everyone remember what it was like before they came around?) They also have made it so that a house can hold 140% of its base storage, giving you even more room, but still people have to find a way around the intended uses of items.

The houses I own are not currently public, thus they do not accommodate the use of the vendor storage technique. Should I have to make my house public to store items as they were not intended to be stored? No. EA could make a new type of NPC for hire, call it a BOD Librarian, and allow it as storage of BODs and BOD books. But I dont support the use of a VENDOR or non-VENDOR items.

Dyv

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Not that I have much of a voice on Your Shard , But here is my two cents. A vendor is a Vendor if you are not planning on selling something please do not bother us all with the idea of looking. I for one believe there are enough Vendors inside Luna and would like to see more community oriented houses.

When was the last time you gave to your community? If you need more storage please go get a keep, castle, upgrade your account. Heck there is so much space on this Shard how about another house?

All that being said, Again what have you brought to your Shard for the community let's Step It up a notch!

Lord Nabin
High Council Sage
Ancient Conclave of Wisdom
ICQ 248-636-691

C

Clextor

I have run into this a few times. I guess when I look for something, I tend to shop, and shop, and shop...

I just read the definition of a vendor in the post above. I know that some see the use of a vendor as being allowed, "because EA allows it", but I also see it as exploiting the intent of a vendor and rude to the shopper.

I guess, in my thoughts, it is just a poor business that puts something in the store window to entice, but then says that it isn't for sale. For me, it just becomes a waste of my time...and my money doesn't go to anyone that sells in that store. I move on.

Just my 2gp,
Clex

I

imported_Queen Mum

<font color=00008B>This has been debated over and over again ... even before Sept. 2004 when we finally got an 'official' statement from EA_UO posted on the UO Home Site (UOHerald.com) under Community &gt; Knowledge base which links us all to EA CUSTOMER SUPPORT for the answer!

<blockquote><hr>

QUESTION
What happens if I find a way to exploit a vendor?

ANSWER

The correct action to take if you learn of a way to take advantage of any aspect of UO in an unintended manner is to report the issue to our QA team in a bug report . Specifically regarding abusing your vendors and what will occur as a result, this post made on Sept 9th, 2004 covers the Game Master policy. Based on a September 9th post made by GM Platinum, the following policy is in place:

Players who attempt to bypass the rental costs associated with vendors, or who are using vendors for extra storage in a way not originally intended by the designers, may be found in violation of the Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct.

In an effort to provide a fair and enjoyable gaming experience, any vendor confirmed by a Game Master to be in violation may be destroyed along with its contents. In addition, any accounts associated with these vendors may be actioned accordingly.

Please note that BOD books may be stored on vendors unpriced.

[/ QUOTE ]Sorry but what BOD vendor owners are doing is NOT an exploit .. why not ask for what you are looking for?

What some folks don't understand is ... if we price our bods at a fair trade rate ... someone will come along and buy them all out .. and set up a new bod vendor and charge you every last cookie crumb you could own just cause its in demand ...

TRADING BODS works well for most of us and most times Mum just gives it for free when not needed ... so please - please - please understand ... BOD vendors are NOT in violation of any rule if <u>not priced</u> ...

Get to know who your BOD traders are - just like Steve Foreman offered to help ya .. so would I ...

*cookie hugs*

PS ... An exploit that does bother the snickerdoodles out of me? When a vendor owner removes (or switches to another vendor of theirs nearby) their high priced items (in the millions) before the original vendors daily maintenance hits!! That is an exploit ... bypassing the rental costs associated with vendors ... arrrgh!!!