• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Luna House Plots for a Future Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
One of my goals in UO has always been to start a shop in Luna. I'm nearing that point and in the market for a Luna House on Origin. My desire is to help the Origin community by adding an additional source for wares, which I think it needs. As I scout the town, there are a bunch of plots that appear dormant or unused. I was hoping someone here might be the owner, or whose friend is the owner, of one of these plots. I'd be interested in speaking with them to see if we could come to some sort of deal. If you can help put me in contact, that would be much appreciated. Thanks for your help!

-OBSIDIAN-

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure someone would sell you one. Also, see if you can find out who Tyrant is. He's spreading his multitude of houses in the the Luna area now and I believe he has at least 3 or 4 within the Luna walls. If you don't know the stories about Tyrant than just roam the lands and look for prized housing locations and his name will pop up. Most of the castles are owned by him. I've just never seen the person and would like to know their motive. Hopefully it isn't world domination. That's my agenda.

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tyrant also owns a large amount of Castles spread across the Minoc Mine area.. Or atleast he used to when I had one out there.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Does anyone know how to contact Tyrant or whether he would entertain an offer to purchase a house from him? I found one villa owned by him on the north side of Luna that appears to have some holiday deco and looks the most lived in of his Luna properties. There is a mailbox there and I will leave a book in it just in case he checks it.

There is also a house owned by "The Scribbler" also on the north end that appears lightly used. Does this name ring a bell with anyone? There is no bulletin board or mailbox on the property to leave a message.

Thanks all for your help!

-OBSIDIAN-

M

Michael Wolf

Put up a "Looking for Tyrant" post with what you want in it and see if he finds you. Seems to have worked for people in the past. Not that he ever posts here but I remember people posting what they wanted here and him finding them one way or another.

C

Crystal Canyon

One of my goals in UO has always been to start a shop in Luna. I'm nearing that point and in the market for a Luna House on Origin. My desire is to help the Origin community by adding an additional source for wares, which I think it needs. As I scout the town, there are a bunch of plots that appear dormant or unused. I was hoping someone here might be the owner, or whose friend is the owner, of one of these plots. I'd be interested in speaking with them to see if we could come to some sort of deal. If you can help put me in contact, that would be much appreciated. Thanks for your help!

-OBSIDIAN-
Good luck to you in "trying to help the Origin Community with wares." We have tried to do that for a number of years and finally come to the realization, that that is nearly impossible to do on this shard.

First, you have those that want to do a vendorhouse, but they don't want to do the work, so when they see that you are not there, they come and completely buy out your vendors. Hence, you are not helping anyone on the shard but only working for another vendor propriety. Then you also have the "UO Items Seller" that sells items for real money that will also delete your vendor wares so he can sell for cash. Again, you will not be "helping" the citizens of the shard. Believe me, it takes many hours a days of refilling to at least hope that the people of the shard do get to buy what they need. (Kegs are a lot fun. Try spending 4 hours making enough kegs to fill a vendor and watch them bring a couple packies to buy them all off immediately) Yep...back to another 4 hours of work while they go stock.

Best one yet is the ones that have decided, they don't think others should make gold by vendoring and have put up houses to distribute everything for free. You cannot compete against "free" unless you don't mind paying a vendor to hold items long enough that you are going in the hole instead of prospering.

After years of trying to be helpful to the good people of this shard, the latter has made us decide to quit trying. For the last week we have not been restocking our manufactured goods and resources.

My thoughts at this point is just to try to take orders from people and guilds so that players who don't enjoying crafting but need the items, can at least get what they need.

If your more about making gold, then a Luna house is what you need. If you really want to help the citizens of the shard with an additional sources for wares....good Luck is all I can say.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
crystal
after playing other shards a bit and vendoring a bit on a few of them
whining about others buying you stuff reselling is part of game u sold to cheap

competing against some one giving away and whining why ??

complaining to many bought from your vendor well lol why have a vendor

having a rune house and banning those that use LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

reason uo has vendors is to sell stuff, buy stuff resell

as i dont use your vendors lol

think i am stil banned and need very little

think if list was made more would be banned from your hous e than use maybe should think about that

author

C

Crystal Canyon

crystal
after playing other shards a bit and vendoring a bit on a few of them
whining about others buying you stuff reselling is part of game u sold to cheap

competing against some one giving away and whining why ??

complaining to many bought from your vendor well lol why have a vendor

having a rune house and banning those that use LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

reason uo has vendors is to sell stuff, buy stuff resell

as i dont use your vendors lol

think i am stil banned and need very little

think if list was made more would be banned from your hous e than use maybe should think about that

author
ROFL....I honestly expected that you would the first with a smart arse comment. Mainly, because if I make any post about anything, you are the one with a snide comment to it.

Please allow me to direct you to another Forum here where others from Origin are posting about the same problem I have:

I was selling colored plants the same price as plain plants until I caught a local vendor buying all of the colored plants that I had worked hard to raise and converting them into dyes and making an enormous profit. This only makes sense and if I were that vendor and the opportunity arose I certainly would do the same thing. I have since stopped selling any colored plant, green, orange or purple seed. I sell dyes and no longer feed the compition.

Also posted in the same thread, yet another person from Origin:

While it's common for people to buy you out of *insert good here* and resell at a higher profit, I got fed up with it on Origin. In all my years of playing, it was worse there than anywhere else and mainly by one person in general. I wish you well selling anything there that is grown or crafted, Yellow Beard.
If you would like to read the rest of the thread, here is a link to it:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=176561

Also, I would like to point out that you have sure changed your mind about our pricing in your latest troll towards CCC. For the past year or so, all you have tried to pound into anyone that might listen to you, is that we were always too high!!! What gives here? LOL

Better read the thread once again, and try to comprehend what you read this time. At no time did I complain that we sold too much. DUH!

And yes, you were surely banned, but for some reason I just didn't appreciate your childish behavior the day you stood at our house and yelled at everyone that came up to buy, "Don't buy anything here, they are too high and its all duped".

Grow the hell up, Author. You are the biggest fool on this shard. Enough said.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I might be convinced to part with my Luna house. I am giving strong consideration to leaving the game as I have no time to play right now.

The luna houses account runs out of GTC in March. I paid 75m for the house, that is what I would hope to get for it, just to give an idea.

Cheers.

Y

Yen Sid

I might be convinced to part with my Luna house. I am giving strong consideration to leaving the game as I have no time to play right now.

The luna houses account runs out of GTC in March. I paid 75m for the house, that is what I would hope to get for it, just to give an idea.

Cheers.
Too bad you might leave, I might suggest asking for more on the house. A little one in the corner went for 100mil and yours is much larger. I would say sell for 150mil if you really do end up selling.

Falseprophet

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Cheers.
Would hate to see you go but understand as I left once myself. Also wish I had 75 mil to buy the house lol.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would hate to see you go but understand as I left once myself. Also wish I had 75 mil to buy the house lol.
Well, there's a couple reasons. I have found a new game I love and adore and I just can't see paying for four accounts when all I've had time to log in for anymore is Christmas stuff. I can't even find time to sit and play nor do i have the urge to play that I used to have.

And before anyone asks, no it's not WoW. I've been playing WoW, I still will play WoW, but the geek side in my has fallen in love with Star Trek Online. The game in some ways reminds me of the original old UO days.

Chances are I will keep two accounts open, not sure which two at the moment. But the Luna house will go either way. I have no time to stock vendors anymore. Chances are in the coming week or two I'll be selling off stuff on the vendors so I can make room for what I want to keep in the castle and keep.

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theres no way someone paid 100 mil for that corner house. It hasnt been transfered yet, Ive been watching the owner name of the house. I think he just acted like he sold it because someone posted on his bullyboard that it was overpriced.. which it completely is.

Houses on Origin are worthless because we have a lacking playerbase. Not to mention 75% of the vendors are empty

M

Michael Wolf

IMHO you can put a vendor house anywhere on Origin and publicize it and it will do fine. The player base is small and if you lead people to it once they'll keep coming back. My house is over by the Justice shrine Tram, no where near a road or moongate, and I've never had problems selling stuff when I used to stock a vendor.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks all for your advice. I'm really looking forward to getting the shop going. I'm exploring a few options offered up by member of the community.

-OBSIDIAN-

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 18x18 spot I occupied in Makoto along the Southern wall of town was still open two days ago when I logged in to claim their holiday ticket. It's a fair vending spot for you to start and easily accessible.

Status
Not open for further replies.