• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lumberjacking

• Thread starter Hunters Moon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
H

Hunters Moon

Has anyone else experenced lower than usual hi-end wood drops while chopping wood after the last patch? I can't seem to get anything higher than ash with my GM level LJ.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try to lumber the same spots over and over again and those should turn into your after-sought woods.

H

Hunters Moon

Try to lumber the same spots over and over again and those should turn into your after-sought woods.
Yep I have been doing that. it just seems that either I am having a run of bad luck or that the trees are being stingy with the better wood.

G

greatpumpkinator

Yep I have been doing that. it just seems that either I am having a run of bad luck or that the trees are being stingy with the better wood.
They are being stingy it seems.

Out of a total of 205,500 chopped wood over 3-4 weeks on 2 separate trees, I got:

Normal: 135,480 (65.93%)
Oak: 43,610 (21.22%)
Ash: 17,750 (8.64%)
Yew: 4,930 (2.40%)
Heartwood: 1,050 (0.51%)
Bloodwood: 0 (0.00%)
Frostwood: 2,680 (1.30%)

...and 25 Brilliant Amber...not that that means much...

They need to bump up the rare wood spawns or something. The Yew (most anyway), Heartwood, and the Frostwood were all obtained in the first 100K logs. The second 100K yielded nothing over Ash (except for 700 of the yew logs).

I'm glad I saved 4,800 of my Frostwood before they made the resource change. I'm going to lock those boards up for good...

H

Hunters Moon

They are being stingy it seems.

Out of a total of 205,500 chopped wood over 3-4 weeks on 2 separate trees, I got:

Normal: 135,480 (65.93%)
Oak: 43,610 (21.22%)
Ash: 17,750 (8.64%)
Yew: 4,930 (2.40%)
Heartwood: 1,050 (0.51%)
Bloodwood: 0 (0.00%)
Frostwood: 2,680 (1.30%)

...and 25 Brilliant Amber...not that that means much...

They need to bump up the rare wood spawns or something. The Yew (most anyway), Heartwood, and the Frostwood were all obtained in the first 100K logs. The second 100K yielded nothing over Ash (except for 700 of the yew logs).

I'm glad I saved 4,800 of my Frostwood before they made the resource change. I'm going to lock those boards up for good...
I am not even getting anything close numbers wise as you are. I am getting like 80% normal wood and the other 20% in oak and ash and nothing else.

H

Hunters Moon

I am not even getting anything close numbers wise as you are. I am getting like 80% normal wood and the other 20% in oak and ash and nothing else.
Update: On my GM LJ I still can not find anything but ash and oak. I have been tearing up the woods around my place since the last publish and nothing above ash is spawning at all. Have the Devs nerfed the LJ loot drop to hell?

G

greatpumpkinator

Update: On my GM LJ I still can not find anything but ash and oak. I have been tearing up the woods around my place since the last publish and nothing above ash is spawning at all. Have the Devs nerfed the LJ loot drop to hell?
Now that I'm done with the new quest...I'll probably go back to lumberjacking again. Going to find a new tree and see what happens.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm out right now with my lumberjack who is elf and currently has 97.3 real lumberjacking skill. She's been lumberjacking tonight for all of about 3 minutes with a regular axe and just hit a yew tree that gave her 40 logs.

Hope this helps restore your confidence. If she makes it to GM tonight, I'll post and let you know if she gets anything else at GM. I generally don't use the corroded axe for lumberjacking until lumberjacking is GM'd. Seems like using it slows down the gains too much and lumberjacking gains are already painfully slow.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hunter's Moon, here's an update.

I didn't quite get that lumberjack to GM before server maintenance. However, after about six hours of lumberjacking in Trammel, she chopped 38,720 regular logs (72% of the total); 10,306 oak (19%); 2,390 ash (4%); and 2,410 yew (4.5%). She went from 97.2 to 99.8 lumberjacking (real skill--still not using the corroded axe). She found 15 trees that gave yew logs. Two of them switched to giving another type of wood, but 13 were still good as of their last use. I was trying to only hit them about once per hour.

You didn't say how large of an area you were cutting trees in. I didn't cut any trees more than once, other than the 15 yew trees. So for six hours, I was basically just expanding the area I was cutting in. When the lumberjacking is GM'd, I'll cover it again and see what other types of trees it includes.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another update....

After 3 1/2 hours of lumberjacking in Trammel (same area as last night) but with lumberjacking skill at 100, my elven lumberjack gathered the following:

• 15,280 regular boards (72.2% of total)
  • 3,100 oak boards (14.7%)
  • 1,210 ash boards (5.7%)
  • 610 yew boards (2.8%)
  • 480 bloodwood boards (2.3%)
  • 390 heartwood boards (1.8%)
  • 80 frostwood boards (0.4%)
  • 277 bark fragments
  • 74 luminescent fungi
  • 62 switches
  • 28 parasitic plants
  • 1 brilliant amber

Runes are marked for the following spots that were still good as of their last visit: 12 yew, 7 bloodwood, 4 heartwood, 1 frostwood. Have only covered about half of the area covered last night.