• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Luck

P

Pothoz

Hey, am abit out of date concerning PvM'ing..

Yeah i noticed the Moonglow event, cool idea but nothing for me since i died so often it took 1,5mil for me in insurance gold in one and a half evening.. so back to regular PvMing with AW's and such instead

So i am wondering, do luck still affect the loot? And where can i see a tablechart or something like that about it? And if it do affect, what is the lowest minimun amount for it to be effective? I have a few 898luck on my suit atm..

Cheers

I

imported_blesh

I'd like to hear about about this too. I've never really seen luck effect anything.

T

Trukx

Get to the higher end and you will notice a significant bump overall. By significant, I dont mean every peice is uber, but you'll see a lot more of the 80-100% intensities....but it could be stuff like 20LRC (a 100% bump) on a non-med peice....nobody wants it, but it got a very nice 'luck' boost; or a ring w/ 3 skills all 10+ but in no template would they ever go together (i love getting +10 archery, +14 Provocation and +13 eval intel jewels).

My basic suit is 1451, its 2151 when I use the statue for an hour. Kill stuff that drops multiple items and has a decent spawn rate. You'll find some really nice stuff over the long haul.

As for when do you really see a signifcant boost......for me its ~1100, but I go way over that and I have definetly noticed a difference in overall loot boosts between my basic suit and no statue vs my basic suit and the statue.

G

The numbers I found, albeit from an old source (circa 2003) break down like this:
Luck % Luck Change

0.00% 0
12.92% 100 12.92%
18.98% 200 6.07%
23.78% 300 4.80%
27.90% 400 4.12%
31.58% 500 3.68%
34.95% 600 3.37%
38.07% 700 3.12%
41.00% 800 2.93%
43.78% 900 2.77%
46.42% 1000 2.64%
48.94% 1100 2.52%
51.36% 1200 2.42%

That is the % chance to get a bump in Number of Items, Number of Properties on each item, and Property intensity.

Standard rules apply, having a 1200+ luck suit doesn't mean you can kill mongbats and expect artifacts.
There is another 'old' chart of monster loot, I'll just link the whole thread instead of trying to reformat it.
http://boards.powergamers.net/viewthread.php?tid=11153

T

Trukx

In 2003 luck was still capped at 1200....its uncapped now. With the ability to go WAY over 1200 now, you can certainly get those %'s to get better.

Based on that info though, id say my 1100 was a good guess at the threshold to seeing better stuff.....its roughly the 50% mark. That was figured through a lot of trial and error and a LOT of dead succubi, blood ele's and balrons.

What I can get to now at 2100+, man, 1100 doesnt even compare.....not that you cant/dont get some good stuff at 1100, but the numbers ive seen and how/where I hunt.....the more is definetly better. And you are right, cant expect that from mongbats and ghosts.

G

I need to find a good (read: easy) place for balrons... blood elementals still are the easiest of the group to knock off. 2-3 hit wonders with a fully trained greater dragon, its like cracking open a piñata

Still the RNG has the last laugh, I have yet to find anything truely impressive at the 1900 range.