• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Luck Suits.... Why?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Decided to see how much luck I could stack on a character. I didn't take into account any other stats (Though I did end up with all 70s resists). Suit+Statue+Fel Bonus+Honor got me just over 5k. Not sure why I never realized it before but why does anyone buy luck suits? Max effective luck is 1230. You can get that almost entirely by just hunting in fel. Is there something that I'm missing?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Decided to see how much luck I could stack on a character. I didn't take into account any other stats (Though I did end up with all 70s resists). Suit+Statue+Fel Bonus+Honor got me just over 5k. Not sure why I never realized it before but why does anyone buy luck suits? Max effective luck is 1230. You can get that almost entirely by just hunting in fel. Is there something that I'm missing?
Where did you come up with the idea that the max effective luck is 1230? Last math I saw it was 3982...

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where did you come up with the idea that the max effective luck is 1230? Last math I saw it was 3982...
Mmmm maybe I'm wrong. I was looking at UO Stratics - Luck and may have jumped to the conclusing that their listing was to the max potential. See there was something I was missing :)

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Mmmm maybe I'm wrong. I was looking at UO Stratics - Luck and may have jumped to the conclusing that their listing was to the max potential. See there was something I was missing :)
UOguide has a good write up about it.

It seems to be a little more accurate.

Even if you reforge and enhance a basic luck suit for 6 armor slots that'd be 1140 @190 luck each.

This doesn't include the Fel bonus, weapon, shield, Leurocian's Mempo robe talisman and sandals and the 10th anniversary sculpture.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
UOguide has a good write up about it.

It seems to be a little more accurate.

Even if you reforge and enhance a basic luck suit for 6 armor slots that'd be 1140 @190 luck each.

This doesn't include the Fel bonus, weapon, shield, Leurocian's Mempo robe talisman and sandals and the 10th anniversary sculpture.
Don't forget the fountain bonus if you get it.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think max wearable luck ATM is 2480. So to reach the 100% threshold you need @1500 luck from other bonuses.

That said, we are still talking about an rng formula in UO...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a difference between MAX Luck and effective Luck. When Luck first came out it was broke and the best effective LUCK was around 1000-1200. Now the Devs have stated that LUCK has been fixed but there are still a lot of players that think the jury is still out on that statement. According to UOGuide 3982 LUCK gives you %100 chance and yet you still hear people saying that that is BS. Remember the RNG is used with LUCK, not just LUCK so anytime you add the RNG into the mix it is still one big crap shoot.

Last edited:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a difference between MAX Luck and affective Luck. When Luck first came out it was broke and the best affective LUCK was around 1000-1200. Now the Devs have stated that LUCK has been fixed but there are still a lot of players that think the jury is still out on that statement. According to UOGuide 3982 LUCK gives you %100 chance and yet you still hear people saying that that is BS. Remember the RNG is used with LUCK, not just LUCK so anytime you add the RNG into the mix it is still one big crap shoot.
Well you definitely got the crap part right :)

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a difference between MAX Luck and effective Luck. When Luck first came out it was broke and the best effective LUCK was around 1000-1200. Now the Devs have stated that LUCK has been fixed but there are still a lot of players that think the jury is still out on that statement. According to UOGuide 3982 LUCK gives you %100 chance and yet you still hear people saying that that is BS. Remember the RNG is used with LUCK, not just LUCK so anytime you add the RNG into the mix it is still one big crap shoot.
The notion that player were able to determine any "effective" luck range is VERY speculative at best. Some characters seem to have better drop rates than others, regardless of anything else. I know I personally have characters that get drops WAY more often than other characters doing exactly the same thing. To then try and attribute better drops on top of a broken rng system is well... crap in, crap out.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
as a hard core farmer i will tell you right now, i will not even go out to do any kind of killing for loot if im not wearing luck.
anyone who says that luck plays no part in bumping the loot up is stuck in 2002 and needs to get their Delorean up to 88mph and come join us in 2017!
if you have chained any kind of boss whatsoever or any high end mod and tracked the loot pay outs the levels of loot with luck on is vastly different than without.
night and day.

now as to drops while wearing luck?
meh!
RNG is a finicky hellcat.

#backtothefuturereference4thewin!

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Luck affects the amount of item mods that RNG allows you to have.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
as a hard core farmer i will tell you right now, i will not even go out to do any kind of killing for loot if im not wearing luck.
anyone who says that luck plays no part in bumping the loot up is stuck in 2002 and needs to get their Delorean up to 88mph and come join us in 2017!
if you have chained any kind of boss whatsoever or any high end mod and tracked the loot pay outs the levels of loot with luck on is vastly different than without.
night and day.

now as to drops while wearing luck?
meh!
RNG is a finicky hellcat.

#backtothefuturereference4thewin!
If I may ask, what is a good thing to hunt (in fel) ? Returning player who has a so-so luck suit.

Or am I better off just going for Exodus / Roof ?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can I see a screenshot of your known Felucca and Honor luck ? *waits*

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
If I may ask, what is a good thing to hunt (in fel) ? Returning player who has a so-so luck suit.

Or am I better off just going for Exodus / Roof ?
fel side?
try blackthorns dungeon Slayer (collector of souls) if you can do it.
there is also a Great Dragon back there.

any of the ML things.

shadowguard if you have a guild mate or 2 you can crack those off in a hour and all the loot on the final boss is pretty much all Leg Arty level, course thats Eoden not fel.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
fel side?
try blackthorns dungeon Slayer (collector of souls) if you can do it.
there is also a Great Dragon back there.

any of the ML things.

shadowguard if you have a guild mate or 2 you can crack those off in a hour and all the loot on the final boss is pretty much all Leg Arty level, course thats Eoden not fel.
Is Collector Souls = Balron? Plus Greater Dragon is in Destard...or is it for the chance of a drop?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
there is a greater dragon in the back of Blackthorns dungeon as well.

yes, colloctor is a deamon.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is the result of wearing max luck in the roof? I have a collection of bone earrings. I am so unlucky.
Question: Luck has only influence on the properties of items in the corpse, not on the chance to get a drop from the Boss?!

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shadowguard is one of the encounters where luck should actually help getting a drop. The other encounter where luck helps getting drops is the Doom Gauntlet. If I didnt forget an encounter, the rest drops arent affected by luck