• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Luck Suit crafting

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one told me crafting a Luck Suit was a pain. 4.5K leather, 1k spine leather and 10 spine runic kits to get to 900 Luck on just the armor. No telling how many 120 and 110 luck pieces destroyed by enhancing. Not to mention time invested.

I would runic forge first, and then enhance. Then use powder of fortification. I still have to imbue resist, LRC, LMC, and MR. This is studded leather, except the cap. Is there an easier or better way to do this?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
For one, use horned kits without powerful to be able to get 150 luck pieces.
Then use a forged metal tool charge to enhance the piece without destroying it.

Menion

Visitor
For one, use horned kits without powerful to be able to get 150 luck pieces.
Then use a forged metal tool charge to enhance the piece without destroying it.
Is that really the answer to crafting everything now? Buying a 10 dollar tool from a cash shop in order to be able to make any decent items. Not harping on you so please don't take my comment as an attack. It's just frustrating to see this become the state of crafting.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That is indeed the state of top level luck crafting.
Iirc, with a piece that has only 150 luck, you have less than 0% chance to enhance it without the tool.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
With JUST luck, items hit the 0% chance of success in the 130s Luck, with Smith being highest at around 138-139 Luck while holding a +60 ASH with Legendary real skill.

And, that's purely theoretical, because the addition of the resists changed by the material further lower the success chance. In reality, you start having 0% chance (Which might actually be treated as any result under 1%, due to "floor" routines) even lower, as the success chances for each attribute changed are multiplied with each other to get the final chance of success.