• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Luck and Treasure Hunting

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do treasure hunters need luck? Actually a better question is does luck affect the loot generated in the chest? I know it affects the loot on the guardians (but that's not necessarily what I'm after).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No I don't think so. I'm waiting for the new loot system to be rolled out to treasure chests as this is what they need. 99% of the loot from the chests at the moment is junk.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yah, i'm getting ready, I have a houseful of maps and I am training up a pure bard treasure hunter. I am also getting ready to build a suit for her and am just thinking about the mods I'll need. Not having to worry about putting luck on each piece will let me make the suit more complimentary to the skills and stats. Thx for the reply.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run a tamer treasure hunter who use to be able to solo lvl 6 maps.....for those I run a 100 ltc 70 suit with 45 dci ....that will normally keep me alive while my pets rips them up.

Starting to make a luck suit for this character as well. It will be for when I stone off cart and lp and put on peace and music.... Then she can just farm spawn for resources. A lot has changed since I left but assuming treasure hunting hasn't....luck helps with guardian loot only, not with chest loot

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My THunter was a bard thunter, now running a Disco/Myst/THunter. I switched cause I was having problems when I ended up with just a single baddie left and really had no way to kill it. Now I can throw up a RC, disco the baddie, and watch it die. Works just finnnnnne.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read an update the other day.....test centre most recent patch 86.01, luck affects chest loot on this patch..... No promise it will make launch but it is something they are trying