• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Luck and resource gathering

Lucivius

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone know if luck increases the chance at getting special items while lumberjacking or mining? Specifically I am trying to get crystal shards from chopping in Ter Mur.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The luck on the character has no effect it is entirely the luck of the person behind the character that does affect it :) I was chopping in hopes of gettting some crystals and got 2 within the first couple minutes of chopping and then none for the rest of the hour. I would have been unhappy but I also wanted parasitic plant and luminescent fungi and got some of those resources. I don't really need more logs but take them anyway since you never know.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The only resource gathering that Luck is supposed to affect is Niter mining for saltpeter, and that might have got broken in a recent publish.