• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Luck and Loot?

Retlaw of Vesper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was reading a thread in Uhall about the new loot system. The topic was how much Luck would help loot property levels, and it seems to be a lot.

One point made was Felucca gets a +1000 luck bonus. Do we just have that 'always on' or does Siege not get any bonus? This could possibly make a big difference in what kind of loot we can pull vs production servers.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
But would that difference matter?

But yeah, I´m not gonna decline a free 1000 luck bonus.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We don't have double resources, so I highly doubt we'll have 1000 felucca luck either.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did quite a few spawning dungeon chests, and we didn't get any 1000 luck boost that I could see. Very disappointing.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did quite a few spawning dungeon chests, and we didn't get any 1000 luck boost that I could see. Very disappointing.
I think most everything is still decidedly worse than revamped dungeon loot, which makes the whole thing sort of pointless. :/

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think most everything is still decidedly worse than revamped dungeon loot, which makes the whole thing sort of pointless. :/
I believe the point of the new loot system was to finally upgrade the worthless junk on most monsters, and replace it with items that were much more useful - as either armor or melted to ingredients. From what I hear from a couple of friends (one is a treasure hunter, btw), they're quite happy with the changes... As am I. It was never my impression that an Ogre would be dropping uber stuff, just better stuff - and I think they accomplished that...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the point of the new loot system was to finally upgrade the worthless junk on most monsters, and replace it with items that were much more useful - as either armor or melted to ingredients. From what I hear from a couple of friends (one is a treasure hunter, btw), they're quite happy with the changes... As am I. It was never my impression that an Ogre would be dropping uber stuff, just better stuff - and I think they accomplished that...
Well what I was referring to was things like ancient wyrms. I still got as good or better loot off of the lizard men in wrong, which are drastically weaker.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I mostly get lesser and minor magic stuff of the overland's spawn. I can be lucky to get a greater or mayor magic item from the more powerful mobs. If I want to be able to unraw a few relic for an hours hunting, I need around 1000 luck.
Noone will hunt the overland to get this stuff, not even a newbie, I'm very disappointed as I had looked forward to see life in the forest, at the desert, at the swamp and at GY's

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mostly get lesser and minor magic stuff of the overland's spawn. I can be lucky to get a greater or mayor magic item from the more powerful mobs. If I want to be able to unraw a few relic for an hours hunting, I need around 1000 luck.
Noone will hunt the overland to get this stuff, not even a newbie, I'm very disappointed as I had looked forward to see life in the forest, at the desert, at the swamp and at GY's
Well I mean they can't very well have artifacts dropping off of every other orc. I did get one off an ettin though, so there's that.

Retlaw of Vesper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For fun I went and did 3 runs hunting some higher end over land mob with zero luck. Drops were ok, nothing that I kept, but got 3 relic frags out of it all.

Then I put 90 luck on my armor and got the statue bonus (1450 luck total) and did 2 runs with same mob. Not only did the quantity of items increase, but the quality did as well. 7 relic frags plus I kept 2 max intensity items.

Obviously this is only a small test, but pleased enough with the results. The 50 stone items are annoying and usually get left, otherwise I'd have to bank every other kill.