• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lucis SA Interface 0.5 Beta released

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With today the support of Lucis KR Interface ends and the support for the new SA Interface begins!

Many feautres have transported to SA some are still missing but iam on it.

This is the first open beta release of my interface mod, if you find a bug post it here or use the bugreporting tool on my homepage http://www.semperatus.de/bugreport/

Download:

http://www.semperatus.de/Interface/LucisInterface_0_6_SA_BETA.exe

Installation:

The installer should guide you throw the installation, important is that you choose your correct Stygian Abyss (Enhanced Client) installation folder.

Features:

- Resizeable Atlas
- Buff Timers
- Healthbar Droppout of Curren Target
- Lock Settings
- % in the Current Target Window
- Auto opening of Paperdoll and Backpack at login
- Clock

Under Development:
- Itemproperties Coloring
- Map Tool Coordinate Transfer (UOAM Features)

Development going on: (26.10.2009)

The development is now going on, the stability has been massive increased and iam full of hope the other bugs are only a wisp ;).

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lucis,

I noticed that the overhead font changed when I put in your interface. . .is there somewhere in the interface we can change that?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There is a way buried in the UI files (not recalling the exact file at the moment), but right now, you're limited to the internal fonts and then only if you change that file directly.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lucis,

I noticed that the overhead font changed when I put in your interface. . .is there somewhere in the interface we can change that?
;) i am of the opinion the overhead text is too big in the standard interface, to revert it delete the overheadtext.xml in the source directory. the font menue isnt integrated yet but it will be soon.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
;) i am of the opinion the overhead text is too big in the standard interface, to revert it delete the overheadtext.xml in the source directory. the font menue isnt integrated yet but it will be soon.
ah Thank you. The one in your interface is just a bit too small for my aging eyes :-D

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I'm not mistaken, the very very useful function 'Open health bar of current target' replaces the 'open paperdoll' shortcut (or I couldn't find the paperdoll shortcut anymore, go figure...).

While I really enjoy the new feature, I miss the old one, and playing in full screen it's a chore to open the paperdoll since you have to target yourself (I play with dragons...), click and drop the menu.

If you have to replace something, I do think 'zoom in' 'zoom out' are good candidates since the mousewheel already does that, but please don't replace such a basic shortcut as open paperdoll :thumbsup:

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I'm not mistaken, the very very useful function 'Open health bar of current target' replaces the 'open paperdoll' shortcut (or I couldn't find the paperdoll shortcut anymore, go figure...).

While I really enjoy the new feature, I miss the old one, and playing in full screen it's a chore to open the paperdoll since you have to target yourself (I play with dragons...), click and drop the menu.

If you have to replace something, I do think 'zoom in' 'zoom out' are good candidates since the mousewheel already does that, but please don't replace such a basic shortcut as open paperdoll :thumbsup:
This is only a temporal thing, there will be new keybindings for my interface only, but the script is not complete atm, it will be available in further releases.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fix to work with the last client patch:

Open the Interface.lua in the UserInterface/Lucis Interface directory:

There you find:
Code:
[...

Tooltips.Initialize()
	HotbarSystem.Initialize()
	GGManager.Initialize()
	CGManager.Initialize()
	DamageWindow.Initialize()
	EquipmentData.Initialize()
	MobileHealthBarWindow.InitializeSystem()
	ObjectHandleWindow.Initialize()
	OverheadText.InitializeEvents()
        StaticTextWindow.Initialize()
        MapCommon.Initialize()

...]
change it to:

Code:
[...
	Tooltips.Initialize()
	HotbarSystem.Initialize()
	GGManager.Initialize()
--	CGManager.Initialize()
	DamageWindow.Initialize()
	EquipmentData.Initialize()
	MobileHealthBarWindow.InitializeSystem()
	ObjectHandleWindow.Initialize()
	OverheadText.InitializeEvents()
        StaticTextWindow.Initialize()
        MapCommon.Initialize()

...]

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As much as I'd like to use your interface, which is a nice improvement over the standard one, not having an 'open paperdoll' shortcut is gamebreaking to me.

Bookmarking this thread for when you release some final version of your work.

O

Old Man of UO

I downloaded the mod, but when installing the acceptance said something about not modifying the client... It just doesn't do everything that I want, so if you won't allow me to add the other mods I desire, it goes in the trash can. If I read that wrong, please let me know.

R

Radix

some options are awesome, and including 3 mods into it! , but is it working? how about backpack visibility?

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I downloaded the mod, but when installing the acceptance said something about not modifying the client... It just doesn't do everything that I want, so if you won't allow me to add the other mods I desire, it goes in the trash can. If I read that wrong, please let me know.
Every mod modifys the client, that is what mod is for. The license is for my own safety, if EA disallows why ever this mod you are not allowed to use it any longer.

It doenst modifiy any file which isnt allowed and intended to be modified by EA at this time. Interface Mods are a feature of the Enhanced client and the disabled Kingdom Reborn client :thumbsup:.

At this time i have a lot of troubles with the client, see Uhall, because of that i have a bit stopped the development and because the client is atm in state of constat change, patching the interface every single patch is too much work. But i will keep it alive definitvly, i hope you enjoy the mods are currently in this package.

I have so much ideas i want to code for example a window where you can see all mobs and players on screen and you can simple choose which you want to target, also you can filter if you want only see blues, agressivs or all mobiles.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm the only person wary of any self-extracting installer files?

R

Radix

is it currently working? i downloaded the .exe, it unzipped or installed to a dir where i don't find anything, and does nothing, ¿?
Good idea the mob and players window, although i would like focus in the graphical issues first, if i may give you my opinion, so highlighting item high magic properties in diferent colors, like the old KR one, it was a great mod and even more now with the imbue/unravel system (fast to know what and what not to loot).

More ideas? I played months ago a little Wow, and i recall a very nice mod for this mmorpg, this game have a mod launcher external program called wowmatrix (something like bethesda oblivion mod), that lets you mark and unmark the mods you have downloaded, upgrade these, choose wich launch with game, and so), the best mods i can remember were:
a extension to atlas map that shows to you routes and check points depending of your current quests, mods that helps to make more complicated chain macros (chain spells...), mods to help in trading (estimated value, npc value, surely a difficult one)

it's a idea only ;)

Saludos.

O

Old Man of UO

I'm the only person wary of any self-extracting installer files?
No, you aren't the only one who is warry... but I did it anyway. You can scan the file, but that only offers so much protection. After that, it's about trust.

O

Old Man of UO

... The license is for my own safety, if EA disallows why ever this mod you are not allowed to use it any longer.

I have so much ideas i want to code for example a window where you can see all mobs and players on screen and you can simple choose which you want to target, also you can filter if you want only see blues, agressivs or all mobiles.
Thanks for the response, lucitus. I hope you finish this mod, because I like what you've done so far, and I like your new ideas!

C

Chadlo

sorry kr was a failure because of this interface hide in shame dont laud the stupidity to continue.

O

Old Man of UO

Chadlo is pretty much of anti-anything in UO, mostly a troll if you read the rest of his posts... not really worth reading, in my opinion.

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the state of this mod?

Discontinued or still in the works?

Pretty much the question I'm asking myself about the SA client though :pancakes:

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Interface has been updated to work with the newest client patch 4.0.1.1 correctly.

Changes:
- Added old Legacy Runebook
- The partyleader is now in the top of the Group Window marked with ** **
- Guildtags are now removed in the Group Window to fit better together

Fixes:
- fixed Buff/Debuff System also removing Clumsy, Feeblemind and Weaken when a Curse get removed
- fixed old KR group Window to remove the healthbar and Heal/Cure buttons when the player is too far away

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't seem to drop down health bars of my current target anymore, how was this done again?

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't seem to drop down health bars of my current target anymore, how was this done again?
You can change it in the keybindings settings window in the main settings window.

Exe or Zip File, is it safe?

You are absolutly right not to trust anyone, but please consider if iam interested in scamming or spying out accountdata i can intigrate it into the scripts that you guys not even know or note it.

The installer was created to make the installation as easy as possible. It is a one click solution for all players.

I cant gurantee that the scripts are not doing any damage to your system in any case, but i can gurantee that all of my mods are 100% tested on my system and those of my internal testers.

Qualtily is very important for us, so if you find a problem or bug in the Interface let us know over the bugreporting tool of our homepage.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Is this available as a .zip?
If you use 7-Zip (and IZarc, and other compression utilities likely) you can open the installer as an archive and do whatever you like with the contents.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ok Lucitus, I just want you to know, I was sold the instant I noticed that I could click my pets' entire bar in the pet bar gump, without having to worry about changing the name. Good job! :D

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok Lucitus, I just want you to know, I was sold the instant I noticed that I could click my pets' entire bar in the pet bar gump, without having to worry about changing the name. Good job! :D
How do you rename the pets then? Is there a right click option to rename, I assume?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
As much as I'd like to use your interface, which is a nice improvement over the standard one, not having an 'open paperdoll' shortcut is gamebreaking to me.
A small annoyance and compensated for by all the nice features. You can easily create your own paperdoll bind. There is a command script in the sticky at the top of this forum that will do that for you.

How do you rename the pets then? Is there a right click option to rename, I assume?
There is a little jewel beside the name you can click to rename - so much better than the default system.

And this is a perfect illustration of why mods are invariably better than the work done by professional developers. Very rarely do developers actually "play" their own game. If they are actually in the game, they are generally working on something specific. Modders are creating mods for games that they actually play, and love playing. Anyone who plays UO as a tamer knows how annoying, and potentially dangerous that default renaming behaviour is, the developers obviously don't.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And this is a perfect illustration of why mods are invariably better than the work done by professional developers. Very rarely do developers actually "play" their own game. If they are actually in the game, they are generally working on something specific.
That's not why mods tend to be better.
Mods tend to be better because modders can skip over the lengthy QA, Management Approval, Bug Triage, Server-side bugs, and other high-overhead steps.
Modders can also specialize their work to things they actually use. For a sandbox game like UO, that means a much more narrow focus than the developers need to have.
When the pile of work is smaller... it's easier to make your result better.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That's not why mods tend to be better.
I expect the answer is closer to "all of the above". What you say applies as well I expect.

Modders can also specialize their work to things they actually use. For a sandbox game like UO, that means a much more narrow focus than the developers need to have.
That was pretty close to the point I was making. I expect developers will miss some pretty obvious flaws, like the renaming behaviour, simply because they don't use it. And then when it doesn't seem game breaking to them, they may be aware of it, but it gets pushed well down the priority list. I expect that if any of the devs were playing a tamer with any passion, that renaming behaviour would have been changed a long time ago.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I expect the answer is closer to "all of the above". What you say applies as well I expect.

That was pretty close to the point I was making. I expect developers will miss some pretty obvious flaws, like the renaming behaviour, simply because they don't use it. And then when it doesn't seem game breaking to them, they may be aware of it, but it gets pushed well down the priority list. I expect that if any of the devs were playing a tamer with any passion, that renaming behaviour would have been changed a long time ago.
Iam proud that so much people like my interface mods, i began coding with KR because i see nothing happend, so i specialized on bug fixing, my first big coding success was the itemproperties coloring of other players in KR, only golden names that was not enough for me, it was a very hard mod.
My expierence raises and my skills become better, then i thought what can i do better to make the UO playing easier and i had the idea of the Current Target healthbar out mod. I was really suprised how easy it was to code, then i thought the buffs are cool, but why i have to go over them to get the time left, also this mod was very easy from the code side, same with the journal ( why not a big journal where i can read the events save them without any haste, scroll up and down, how i want ), the clock and many things more... after that i saw "hey thats nearly a whole interface with your own style in it" and i released it because i want to share my good expierences with you.

Anyhow i have to thank the Devs who maked it possible to bring an open Lua Interface in and i want to thank all Devs who helped to develop the Kingdom Reborn client, you have done good work and never got a chance to end it!

PS: Dont be angry if the interface not works for you, ask the question, iam here as a current Ultima Online player. But please understand that i will not release the Interface as zip, 7-zip or rar whatever, because i want to release them as one package and not as copy and paste solution.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Have a couple of small requests. Can you have the pet bar gump remember it's state on client logout (ie. open or closed)? And would it be possible to put the percent health in the pet health bar gump?