• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lucis Interface Beta 0.8

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi mates,

today i will release the version 0.8 Beta of my Interface, sorry for the longer delay.

Updates:
- added UOCatographer Support
- added Mobiles on Screen Window
- updated the House Customazation Menue (Destroy, Restore and Revert Buttons will now showing a gump if you really want to do this action)
- Removed stickiness of healthbars, because often they are hanging on the mouse (PvP Change)

The Mobiles on Screen Window:
It lists all mobiles expect Npcs that are on screen to a amount of maximum 15 mobiles. You can drag out the healthbars of the small ones. It works similar to the pet window in the other functions. You can lock it by right clicking the golden titlebar. When the mobile is out of screen it will remove it from the window.

In the next release i will add a settings window where you can adjust the settings a bit more, only grey mobiles, red, blues and how much you want to be shown.

If you have good ideas to make it better let me know!

Download:

http://www.semperatus.de/Interface/LucisInterface_0_85_SA_BETA.exe

The Hotfix for the not working Mobiles on Screen Window is out.

Version 0.85 Updates: (12/17/2009)
- Updatet the Pet and Mobiles on Screen Window
- Mobiles on Screen Window is now disabled when hidden
- Pet and Mobiles on Screen Window have now the correct size when hidden
- Pet and Mobiles on Screen Window should now save the status (hidden / visible)
- Polished the look of the ChatSelection Window and a bug that the scrollbar isnt working correctly
- Added a gump to the ChatSelection Window when you try to join the same channel
- Removed the Open Healthbar Key in the Settings Window and set it to the open Paperdoll key again

Healthbars out of the Current Target can now be opend with a script command:

/script TargetWindow.MobileBar()

or in a Command Macro:

script TargetWindow.MobileBar()

Hope you will have fun with my new small modificed Interface, i wish you all merry Christmas and a few very good holidays!

Attachments

Decors

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just played with new UI for a while.

1.Question about Mobiles on Screen(MoS).
Do you need to hit any key or button to pop healthbar into MoS?
Or dose it make healthbars automatically?

It won't pop in my environment.

2.Request
I wish I can close Mobile Healthbar Button.
I use my macro to switch mobile type.
So I don't need it on my screen.

<Edited>
3.Problem
I use Gildar Mobile Healthber (Detach) script.
But on New UI It won't work correct like this.
1. target something and hit mobile healthbar detach scrip
2. It won't place healthbar at the upper left corner. Maybe placed offscreen.
3. When I move mouse cursor it will chase my mouse cursor.

Hope you can fix it or maybe I can use new MoS for replacement?

script _mobID, _x = WindowData.CurrentTarget.TargetId, MobileHealthBarWindow.CreateHealthBar(WindowData.CurrentTarget.TargetId)
script DetachWindowFromWorldObject(_mobID, "MobileHealthBarWindow".._mobID)

Thx

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It pops it automatically in, after a short period of time. I cannot give you any support of a modified interface. Install it a new and try it out, if all works you can intigrate step by step your modification.

I think the function from Gildar drops out a healthbar of a current target, this you can set up in my interface directly in the keybidings menue in the User Settings.

Decors

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It pops it automatically in, after a short period of time. I cannot give you any support of a modified interface. Install it a new and try it out, if all works you can intigrate step by step your modification.
Sure, First time I just installed only your Skin and tested everything.
But it dosen't work for me...

I think the function from Gildar drops out a healthbar of a current target, this you can set up in my interface directly in the keybidings menue in the User Settings
Good news. I gonna check bout this.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh there is a bug in this release thanks for report! You have to turn on Open Paperdoll and Backpack at startup to make the Mobiles on Screen Window work.

I will fix this asap.

Decors

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh there is a bug in this release thanks for report! You have to turn on Open Paperdoll and Backpack at startup to make the Mobiles on Screen Window work.
Heh it makes sense. I won't open paperdoll and backpack :)

Thanks in advance.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have fixed the Bug with the Mobiles on Screen Window, it should now work with every setting.

D

Diggity

Thanks for the update, but still does not pop up mobile gump for me. I am running only Lucis Interface UI.

Ideally, I think I would like to have maybe 2 pop-up gumps, one for friends and one for enemies. I usually cycle targets via hotkey, either friend or enemy. Adding Gildar's command scripts, I created two different macro hotkeys, one will cycle next friend, then open the healthbar at the mobile; the other will cycle next enemy and open the healthbar at the mobile. This makes it very quick to open all the bars for mobiles on the screen. It would be awesome instead of popping up over the mobile (or upper left corner) that they go to the friend/enemy gumps automatically. Is this how the gump is supposed to work?

Any reason for only 15 mobiles?

Thanks,

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the update, but still does not pop up mobile gump for me. I am running only Lucis Interface UI.

Ideally, I think I would like to have maybe 2 pop-up gumps, one for friends and one for enemies. I usually cycle targets via hotkey, either friend or enemy. Adding Gildar's command scripts, I created two different macro hotkeys, one will cycle next friend, then open the healthbar at the mobile; the other will cycle next enemy and open the healthbar at the mobile. This makes it very quick to open all the bars for mobiles on the screen. It would be awesome instead of popping up over the mobile (or upper left corner) that they go to the friend/enemy gumps automatically. Is this how the gump is supposed to work?

Any reason for only 15 mobiles?

Thanks,
You have to look for the small arrow it is hidden by default, i have to change that it saves its state.

If you add more than 15 mobiles the performance goes down. It is not written for PvM reasons, it is mainly written for PvP, you come in the screen you hear "Lucitus has low hp kill kill him" you see lucitus dblick dead ;)

You got an overview of the people on screen and how their hp is, that you know ohh this one is the best for your team to attack.

In PvM Names are not so important and you havent been so fast.

Filters will come in the next release, you think it should also work like a hotbar horizontal and vertical switch?

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have tested a bit around and it is clear, that the mobiles on screen window needs more resources.

What are your expierences, is it more laggy after the intigration? You think it is in general a good idea and should be continued?

D

Diggity

I played around with it just under the Lucis UI. It does seem to need too many resources and bogs down quite a lot in some conditions. Overall tho, it is a good idea if can be made to perform acceptably.

One thing about the mobile on screen gump, it is difficult to tell who is who and what range is. In a fluid situation where people are coming and going on/off screen, unless you know what a char name looks like, it's hard to pick them out. The other issue is at like champ spawn locations where there are multiple mobs with the same name. In these cases, I think it is easier to cycle targets and drop the mobile healthbar over the mob position and/or have overhead names always on.

What would make it very useful would be to have it filter by player defined range and notoriety. The current target system is lacking a cycle next nearby mob action. So I would find it useful if only mobs within a certain range and optionally notoriety type would fill the gump. I suspect that this would require even more resources to do.

In the meantime, I think dropping the autofill capability might be useful if it will solve performance issue. Just having the relocatable sticky mobile gump seems useful. Let the player decide what mobile names to drop into the gump via hotkey/macro.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just wanted you to know I am not experiencing any performance issues with the new mobiles functionality, and I flat out love it. It is going to make targetting in pvp much easier.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the new clientpatch the menubar gots outdatet, i am fixing this before the next publish goes live.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Another small problem I've discovered. I think the time delay between opening the paperdoll and opening the inventory isn't high enough. My inventory will often not open when I log in, and I will get the message, "You must wait to perform another action."

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another small problem I've discovered. I think the time delay between opening the paperdoll and opening the inventory isn't high enough. My inventory will often not open when I log in, and I will get the message, "You must wait to perform another action."
I will adjust this thanks!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm thinking maybe another 200 - 400 ms should do it.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i want to check this out but what do i do with the exe file if im not running windows?
perhaps you need to release it in a tar/rar format.. :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
i want to check this out but what do i do with the exe file if im not running windows?
perhaps you need to release it in a tar/rar format.. :)
You can open the executable with an archiving app, I'm guessing "unzip" would handle it, but I couldn't figure out where the plugin dll's go (not that I spent a lot of time on it... :) ).

F

Fink

Is there any chance you will release the pet bars and pet renaming as a stand-alone mod? I find this one particularly helpful but I'm not running Lucis on either of my tamers for other reasons.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have updatet my Interface to work correctly with the latest publish.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks Lucitus! Merry Christmas to you as well! :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
For your installer. The key for the install directory of the enhanced client is:

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss
The name is:

Code:
InstallDir
You can have your installer grab that from the registry so users don't have to enter the install directory every time if it isn't default.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I can't get the pet and mobile bars to show in 0.85, so I've gone back to 0.81. I get the little arrow in the upper left hand corner, and I can move it around, but nothing shows below it.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It's not working for me. Like I said, I get the little arrow, and I can click and drag it around, but it doesn't show any mobiles, and if I click on the arrow it disappears and there doesn't appear to be any way to get it back.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not working for me. Like I said, I get the little arrow, and I can click and drag it around, but it doesn't show any mobiles, and if I click on the arrow it disappears and there doesn't appear to be any way to get it back.
Sorry i have tested it with my testers, we cant reproduce your iusse.

Try to delte it whole and reinstall the interface select Lucis Interface as custom UI, not much but more i cant do for you with this little information.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Can you tell me where the per user settings are saved for the interface so I can reset them please?

edit: For the record, I used the add/remove software Windows interface to completely remove Lucis interface, then reinstalled. I also tried deleting the folder and reinstalling. What kind of information do you need in terms of helping you debug this?

I haven't installed any other mods into the interface. I did rename the overhead text xml file so that I would have the old style overhead text. My os is Windows XP Home SP3.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you tell me where the per user settings are saved for the interface so I can reset them please?

edit: For the record, I used the add/remove software Windows interface to completely remove Lucis interface, then reinstalled. I also tried deleting the folder and reinstalling. What kind of information do you need in terms of helping you debug this?

I haven't installed any other mods into the interface. I did rename the overhead text xml file so that I would have the old style overhead text. My os is Windows XP Home SP3.
Is it with both windows? I have tested it when the petwindow is hidden, and you are mounted and click then on the show button it disappears, but when you dismount again, it appears normaly.

The Mobiles on Screen Window should work correctly.

The character settings are stored on each character in the My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\Your Account\Your Username.xml.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Is it with both windows? I have tested it when the petwindow is hidden, and you are mounted and click then on the show button it disappears, but when you dismount again, it appears normaly.

The Mobiles on Screen Window should work correctly.

The character settings are stored on each character in the My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\Your Account\Your Username.xml.
I'm not sure about the pet bars window. The one that I had the problem with was the mobiles window. I got the arrow in the default position on the left side, but the window wouldn't show anything. I had gone back to the 0.81, but I'll see if I can find the file you are referring to and delete all references to the mobiles bar and see if that helps.

edit: The actual file is "My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\[account name]\[shard]\[character name]"

The references I found were:

Code:
            <WindowPositions name="MobilesOnScreenWindow" x="1216.000000" y="-36.000000" />
Code:
            <WindowPositions name="CustomSetting___MobilesOnScreenWindowVisible" x="-9.000000" y="1.000000" width="-9.000000" height="-9.000000" />
I'm guessing that the "MobilesOnScreenWindow" is for the old version, while the "CustomSetting___MobilesOnScreenWindowVisible" is the new version. Is there something screwy in the numbers there?

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm but you can open the window, by clicking the arrow the window is only not showing anything?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hmm but you can open the window, by clicking the arrow the window is only not showing anything?
When I try to click on the arrow in it's default position, nothing happens. When I drag the arrow somewhere else and click on it, it simply disappears, and I can find no way to get it back. At no point do any mobiles show in it.

edit: Ok, I have some more information. When I didn't touch anything on one of my characters, and went to some place where there was a heavy spawn, it all started working. Once that happened I could position it with no problems, and it all started working properly. However, I still have several characters that I tried to move the bar on before any mobiles registered in it, and clicked on the arrow, where the display is simply gone. I only clicked on the arrow for the mobile bar, but the pet bar isn't showing either.

Which was why I wanted to know where the variables are displayed, because I wanted to put it back to it's default configuration. However, what I am going to do is copy the settings from the character where the display is working, and paste it into the xml files for the characters where it isn't working. I'll let you know what happens.

One more note, the pet bar window on the character where I now have it working was mostly off the screen, so I was lucky to even find it. It was up at the top and only the bottom few pixels were showing. Which makes me wonder if the windows aren't stuck off screen somewhere. I know there are some issues with the enhanced client and the placement of gumps at times.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ok, I think I've solved the mistery. The problem was this line:

Code:
            <WindowPositions name="PetWindow" x="1410.000000" y="-35.000000" />
The "y" coordinate was placing the window off screen so it couldn't be seen. So I'm guessing at some point between version 0.81 and 0.85 the way the windows were placed was changed. Changing the 'y="-35.000000"' to 'y="12.000000"' placed the window on screen in the position I wanted it in. Also, once I had clicked on the arrow to close the window, by clicking on the arrow when no mobiles were being displayed, there was no way to get the window back (this should be a configuration option).

I had to modify the following two lines:

Code:
            <WindowPositions name="CustomSetting___PetWindowVisible" x="-9.000000" y="0.000000" width="-9.000000" height="-9.000000" />
            <WindowPositions name="CustomSetting___MobilesOnScreenWindowVisible" x="-9.000000" y="0.000000" width="-9.000000" height="-9.000000" />
I had to change the 'y="0.000000"' to 'y="1.000000"' in both lines. That initially confused me because I thought the "y" referred to some kind of "x/y" positioning. But apparently it is the variable that indicates whether the window is to be displayed or not.

edit: This could be fixed by adding a check to see if the numbers are within an acceptable range, and resetting them to a default if they are not. Of course, I don't know how that works when you start dealing with different screen resolutions, but there must be a relatively simple way of adding a check to insure that a window is on the screen, and not off it. And the problem of not being able to get the windows back if you disable them could be fixed by adding a configuration option for them, as I said above, although I don't know if the initial behaviour of the windows disappearing entirely if you click the arrow when there are no mobs in the display is intentional.

edit again: And now that I understand the problem a bit better, I might have some information that might be useful to you. I am playing in full screen mode at 1440X900 resolution (widescreen).

edit once more with feeling: There was also the problem of the display not showing after it was installed until there were a lot of mobs within range (more than one or two). It seems though that once it displayed once, it displayed properly every time after that.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Feel free to delete this message. It was the result of a drug induced hallucination... :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just adding a couple of things I'd love to see added to the interface.

- an aggro timer
- a timer for the mysticism enchant spell

Don't know if either of those are possible, but just thought I'd let you know I'd love to see them if they are.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Happy new Year EC Community, next i have a out of screen check of the windows for you ;)

I also try to intigrate more timers into the buff bar.

D

Divster

Hi lucitus big fan of ure mod been using it for some timne now, just had a question about the onscreen mobiles drop down tab, would it be possible to filter by player/npc type? so for example only players appear on it or only npc mobiles?

Keep up the great work :D

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My virtue gump no longer reports the level of the virtue in the tooltip. I've bug reported it, but I'm thinking maybe it is a Luci's Interface issue. Haven't seen anything obvious in the code to point to a fix or a problem.

edit: Actually I found these lines in the "interfaces.xml" file:
Code:
	<Include file="Source/Generic/VirtueMenu.xml" />
	<Include file="Source/Generic/VirtueInfo.xml" />
Both reference files which don't exist in either the Lucis or the Default interface folders.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My virtue gump no longer reports the level of the virtue in the tooltip. I've bug reported it, but I'm thinking maybe it is a Luci's Interface issue. Haven't seen anything obvious in the code to point to a fix or a problem.

edit: Actually I found these lines in the "interfaces.xml" file:
Code:
	<Include file="Source/Generic/VirtueMenu.xml" />
	<Include file="Source/Generic/VirtueInfo.xml" />
Both reference files which don't exist in either the Lucis or the Default interface folders.
You have tested if it works with the Standard Interface? I have also a few problems with the mouse over functions atm. But the devs are not posting the changes of the last patch and as long as it is not game breaking, i cannot fix it atm because iam full of work.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You have tested if it works with the Standard Interface? I have also a few problems with the mouse over functions atm. But the devs are not posting the changes of the last patch and as long as it is not game breaking, i cannot fix it atm because iam full of work.
I tested it with the default interface and it isn't a problem with your interface, my apologies. So you can ignore this report. I should have tested before I reported it. Although I suppose it might be something you can fix.

I'm having another problem that isn't a problem with your interface that you might also be able to fix. The last line on my journal is getting cut off, so I don't see it until something else gets added to the journal. I've bug reported this as well, and tested it both with the default and with your interface so I am sure it isn't a problem with your interface.