• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

lowland boura

J

[JD]

I tamed a couple decent lowland boura to control with JOAT on my archer as ghetto-vollums.

They bonded with my archer but I'm thinking I made a mistake, and should have left them on the mage-tamer for training first. I stoned off stealth and stoned on chiv and didn't realize close wounds had such a short distance it could be cast, plus that it doesn't hardly heal for jack. it'll probably take forever to train them.

Do you think the best way to train them since they are near the same skill is to have them beat on each other, or to have them beat on a shadow ele?

Also should I transfer them back to my mage tamer? Which means it'll take them a week to bond to the mage, and another week to bond back to the archer. ouch

Another option is to stone on magery and meditation and use a crappy LRC suit on my archer so he can heal and train them.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't over-think the problem ;)

It's no different to training a pack critter or something like a giant beetle, you don't want them to take a ton of damage while they train, because chiv healing is kinda sucky. So look at the sticky training guide here and just pick out the easiest critters that your boura can tackle. You shouldn't need to move out of chiv healing range if you handle the spawn efficiently so you don't need to do anything drastic with your template.

Static training works if you want the gains that way. I find the above is faster and less dull, and pays for itself, but you can just do it like folks say to train pack critters - a tank pet on the shadow ele. I'm guessing and you might wanna spar the boura to get them to the same skill level as an ele. Or get a good book and watch them spar.

Wenchy

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could just trade them back to the mage tamer and have that character train them while they aren't bonded. It's a bit tricky but may be far less of a hassle for you than trying to have the archer train them. Wisps at the Spirituality champ spawn or in the wisp dungeon might be a good starter choice, as long as you avoid the paragons initially unless you're pretty sure of your vetting skill.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only problem with transferring them off would be that when they're transferred back to the archer (assuming that's what JD is planning) then he'd still be waiting 7 days to bond them on the return "hop" :p Well, he wouldn't have to, but if you spent time finding and training, you'd probably try to bond before hunting out with a non tamer.

Wenchy

J

[JD]

1 wk to unbond and another to re-bond is too long. i learned my lesson about hunting with unbonded pets a long time ago, i just don't do it. especially if you've taken the time to find nice ones, train them, and then to lose them.. well that's ********

what i did was stone off hiding on my stealth archer and i stoned on magery. im gonna craft myself a LRC suit just so I can cast greater heal/cure

it will be better on my mage, my mistake for bonding them to the archer so soon. but at least it will be better than chiv