• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Parry] Lower Parry?

S

Shantia

I've seen a lot of template talk about dropping parry to 60 but i don't understand why. Other then to make room to increase chivalry. Wouldn't that cause you to A) get hit a lot more, and B) take away the mana reduction bonus for weapon abilities?
I cant seem to find the answer (i suck at browsing).

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen a lot of template talk about dropping parry to 60 but i don't understand why. Other then to make room to increase chivalry. Wouldn't that cause you to A) get hit a lot more, and B) take away the mana reduction bonus for weapon abilities?
I cant seem to find the answer (i suck at browsing).
I drop mine to 60.

Assuming you have 120 weapon skill and 120 bushido, you only need 60 points to hit 300 skill points and maintain mana reduction.

At 120 bush and 60 bushido, you have a 20% parry chance before evasion.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Lynk means 120 bush + 60 parry = 20% chance to parry with a weapon. And yes, the adjustment was made to fit more chivalry into the template after the pub 71 change.