• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Love the new Ethereal!!!!!!!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:( takes the personality of a player decorated table away what a bummer. I would rather see new blank table designs.
You can still do that. I make one for an Thanksgiving-themed event every year (last 4 years):
HarvestBanquet2015.jpg

I do kind of hate the Christmas tree though... Flocking is ugly and the anemic decorations are just horrible.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Luck are those that have 1 account per email!!! :)
If you have 10 accounts under 1 email, you will receive 500 sovereigns to share with all 10 accs!!!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That Christmas tree needs to go back to the drawing board.

1 The actual white part of the tree is too small for that base... it looks bad.

2 The presents are once again in the wrong perspective and it doesn't look good...

3 The Presents are spread out TOO FAR... and this thing can't be placed in a small home without taking up the whole room... Where exactly do they think we are going to put that thing??? Not everyone owns a Castle.

Please fix this ASAP before going live with that, I would hope you consider this feed-back.

And I will add LOVE the spider! Can I get that in Black??? I want at least 3 or 4 of them!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New Item Preview
Here's a preview of some of the new reward items for various content that is part of Publishes 94 & 95. Note that some of these are early concepts and may change for final implementation.

I have to say I really appreciate that they incorporate old items into the new ones.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That Christmas tree needs to go back to the drawing board.

1 The actual white part of the tree is too small for that base... it looks bad.

2 The presents are once again in the wrong perspective and it doesn't look good...

3 The Presents are spread out TOO FAR... and this thing can't be placed in a small home without taking up the whole room... Where exactly do they think we are going to put that thing??? Not everyone owns a Castle.
Screenshot (84).png whitetree.png

Yeah, gonna have to agree with that assessment...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Putting them side by side also shows that the white one is crooked at the top... Gets about half way up and then shifts to the left. Though I must admit that adds a bit of realism since well trees are not perfect... but the base of it is just wrong...

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New Item Preview
Here's a preview of some of the new reward items for various content that is part of Publishes 94 & 95. Note that some of these are early concepts and may change for final implementation.

It looks like they exported the old pictures to the wrong image format, messed with the scale, then exported to yet another image format before uploading it to the client...... But I'm going to ride that tarantula until the end of UO!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Spider look the same in CC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would like to know this as well...sure it might look....like a tarantula in the EC...but it might look like a plain old spider in the CC :(

Guess we'll have to wait til it hits TC1 before we can find out!

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see no Ethereal, just a mount.

And I thought we all said "Farewell" to Aragog!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
... I like it. I NEED it.
And I also need it as tameable! I love spiders! They're so cute!

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
That mount is amazing, but it's unrealistic to have a goal to make the player base larger and give out that kind of content to only people at 15 or more years. I just think the priorities are wrong.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That mount is amazing, but it's unrealistic to have a goal to make the player base larger and give out that kind of content to only people at 15 or more years. I just think the priorities are wrong.
I'd have to agree there - even though I'd never ride a spider

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
id like to see it in CC and also a ethereal colored one.

Dexterslab

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
First time i saw that picture i thought it was an avatar with spread legs on a round ugly carpet. It's early in the morning. Sorry for that. After a cup of coffee i realised the spider. Time for my tinker to invent a hoover.

PS: I don't like the enhanced client

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spider doesn't even hold a candle to the ki-rin mount. It's also to bulky.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Actually, in the other FTP game I played awhile back, I had almost every mount in the game...but my favorite? My scorpion :) This tarantula mount looks like it 's about the same size....or would be if it was true 3D...

Scorpion.jpg

You can just see the characters head peeking out the top :) MAN I loved that mount!

OUR new mount...looks a lot like this little guy!

new.jpg

Doesn't he look so soft and cuddly? I think that, at least in the EC, he looks pretty amazing! Though I fear he will be a 15+ vet reward :( Only 5 years to go!

*prays to the UO Gods for it to be a younger reward...maybe 7th?? bats eyes

The rest of them....at least in my opinion...are not that great...the tables we do already in game....that's the fun is to decorate and set up your own place setting....to just have a deed and throw one down defeats the purpose of deco! But for those who are deco-challenged it's nice! Same with the sleigh and reindeer....
Flying.jpg

(these were all done with goza's back when goza's were cool!) But again, for those deco-challenged, or with a smaller house, very cool!

The tree is a bit off.....I like that it's crooked..whether that was done on purpose or not! It makes it a bit more realistic...the presents ARE spread out a bit too much but I like the box designs.

The new cooking and alchemy add-ons, while very handy, look a bit cartoonish to me.

Overall, some nice new stuff! You can't please everyone, so don't even try, thanks team! :)

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
The new cooking and alchemy add-ons, while very handy, look a bit cartoonish to me.
Exactly!

The cooking thing would be somewhat suitable for Café World.

CafeWorld_Screenshot_500x461.jpg

Note the skull candles on the wall. :smile2:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
OUR new mount...looks a lot like this little guy!

View attachment 53989

Doesn't he look so soft and cuddly? I think that, at least in the EC, he looks pretty amazing! Though I fear he will be a 15+ vet reward :( Only 5 years to go!

*prays to the UO Gods for it to be a younger reward...maybe 7th?? bats eyes
I feel your pain. My oldest account turned 5 years old yesterday. :(
I will have to burn so many millions in gold to get some of those adorable, cute, soft, cuddly new mounts. :(
But what we really, really need is for those adorable critters to become new tameables in the taming revamp. That will make me a very, VERY happy lass.
I would ditch my beloved turtles for those most adorable spiders so, so fast.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All of my accounts are old enough and i'm sure a couple of the new mounts might wander away.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks like they exported the old pictures to the wrong image format, messed with the scale, then exported to yet another image format before uploading it to the client...... But I'm going to ride that tarantula until the end of UO!
I would imagine they are doing the "new" part of the art in a much larger size, then when they want to add in the "old" art they size it up to fit in, then clean it up, which leaves it looking weird.

I REALLY wish they would do pixel art instead of resizing regular sized stuff, but I understand that would take a while, and requires someone who is good with such a style.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Anyone else think that everything they make now is just absurdly huge? The plants we just got would have been cool at 1/3rd the size. It's either huge outta the possibility of being reasonable looking or it's huge in taking up massive amounts of space. I do have a castle but I have no where to put this stuff. I see with the new holiday tree they are continuing the tradition of being clueless about how to make any sort of decent looking nature item. I think the goal is we will throw them away and save server space. But I'm just going to throw them in a trunk and keep them forever lol But this tradition of another batch of useless ugly stuff is really getting old. The flower pots we just got looked ok. But I can actually stand in one and hide. Maybe it is a little too large? Just so stupid....

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
New Item Preview

I think Santa's sleigh looks ok. Not really into the Christmas thing. I like the mounted tiger head. Not interested in new crafting tables, not for a vet pick anyway. But I'd pick them and sell them if someone wanted for nice coin. They can keep the tree, it's just odd. I have no idea what that diagram thing under the tree pic is. So I don't know if I like it :p Is it a talisman or what? Tables are way too big for me to use personally. The spider looks fine I suppose, looks rather large. I think it might make a nice looking statue though. I might want it for the statue.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has a smiling turtle face... aw

Questions... Do we get the tree with gifts stuck in front of it? Do we get tables with food on it? Is the Santa sleigh the same one we already have just tinier and deer are connected?

One more, what happened to the holiday rewards we were to get from bods? Mesanna mentioned this. Are those things it?

The 500 invisible coin gift is nice surprise, so tyvm.

Enziet

Journeyman
Please add more mounts and things to the in game store. It's nice having it there now, but it seems like there is a severe lack of new fluff being added to it.

I for one would like to see some pets on there. Like you could purchase say a pre bonded mount for X Dollars. Charge big money for new Tank pets so people have another option besides GDragons maybe? There are so many untapped possibilities.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Please add more mounts and things to the in game store. It's nice having it there now, but it seems like there is a severe lack of new fluff being added to it.

I for one would like to see some pets on there. Like you could purchase say a pre bonded mount for X Dollars. Charge big money for new Tank pets so people have another option besides GDragons maybe? There are so many untapped possibilities.
This should really be the option every time they release something.

Get it free from rewards/gifts or buy it in the in-game store.

A perfect example would have been the anniversary tokens.

Throw them up for 100 sovereigns each.

But sadly, I think they missed that opportunity.

But, no one claimed they were good at marketing.