Love That RNG Thing

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
U

uoBuoY

I've Killed enough Swoops (while training pets) to get a few million gps and three Marties. The first Marty was a disappointing Wildfire Bow. The second Marty was a disappointing Wildfire Bow. Can you guess what the third disappointing Marty was? A disappointing Wildfire Bow no less. I was under the impression that the Swoop could yield a whole raft of different Marties. Am I mistaken? Because by my recent experience he's got nothing but Wildfire Bows in stock!

What are these things worth? 2k?

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 25, 2004
Chesapeake
We did 18 fabled fishing nets on wednesday and managed to get a total of 4 marty's... all models of the HMS Cape.

N

Narda Dag'thul

I farmed a lot nightmares over the last week. (Fel/Wind) Besides 3 near perfect ones and around 3000 barbed hides I got 7 marties. A convorting club, another one, yet another 2, then again another one, one crook and - you guess it - another damn green club. You're not alone.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 24, 2008
Lincoln, Nebraska
I farmed a lot nightmares over the last week. (Fel/Wind) Besides 3 near perfect ones and around 3000 barbed hides I got 7 marties. A convorting club, another one, yet another 2, then again another one, one crook and - you guess it - another damn green club. You're not alone.
Why were you getting marties from nightmares in wind? *Scratches head*

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
My Rng hates my scribe, (6) yes (6) spider slayers out of 300.

I did 9000 scrolls but those were made in the first set of 300, made 4 more spider slayers later in the burn.

I have tons more Rng stories too, just dont want to waste my fingers on them.:mad:

They need to look into replacing the system.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 25, 2001
Austin baby!
I went to farm tribal berries from savages and got 3 marties from it, 2 of them in a row. I farmed long enough to get about 25 berries, if that gives you an indication of how long I spent at it (maybe an hour?)

I turned in 20 filled bear rug bods trying for some polar easst to refill that empty spot on my vendor. I got 1.

RNG only works in your favor when you aren't expecting/needing it to. :p

S

Stupid Miner

For all your bad luck, there's gonna be someone, somewhere, somehow, that got 5 ornies in a row at doom. lol

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Cats/Europa
Actually...

I've been completely and totally baffled by the RNG this week to the point that I had to poll around everyone I know to find out if it was just a quirk or if I was being absurdly lucky.

In the last 3 days, I spend about 4 hours hunting either Ilshenar champ spawns or ML named monsters (most notably Thrasher and Miasma)

In those four hours I got:
2 Totems of the void
2 Bloodwood spirits
3 windsongs (*YAWN*)
3 alchemist's baubles
2 burglar's bandanas (hooray for Ilshanar arties that actually sell!)
A robe of the eclipse
A number of SoTs (didn't count, most of them dropped at New Haven Bank)
And Captain John's Hat [replica]

To be more specific this was done with three different characters and covers an Oaks (archer), the second half of an undead spawn(tamer), an incomplete Tokuno spawn (we couldn't kill hiryu fast enough, used my necromancer) and about an hour of Thrasher (Necro or tamer), and an hour of Miasma (samurai).

With luck like that, I didn't want to stop playing.

C

Connor_Graham

I got 8 Totem of the Void in a row once.

We really need to have an Anti-RNG RNG...