• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lost windrunner, Baja

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have a fellow here (Baja), Robin da Hood, who lost his windrunner when going to Castle Blackthorn across the bridge from Britain (Trammel side).
He saith the pet did not appear in the stables, nor did it appear at the stable there in Britain.

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
We have a fellow here (Baja), Robin da Hood, who lost his windrunner when going to Castle Blackthorn across the bridge from Britain (Trammel side).
He saith the pet did not appear in the stables, nor did it appear at the stable there in Britain.
Was the mount in statue form or had he ridden it? If in statue form, did he check his pack (move everything in it and look beneath)? His bank box?
If it was ridden, was it bonded to him, was he the original owner? (I thought I had read that they bond instantly, though would the bonding transfer to a new owner?) Anyone else have any ideas?
Cheers,
Conny

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What happens if your stable is full and you go to Blackthorns with a pet?

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What happens if your stable is full and you go to Blackthorns with a pet?
The pet gets physically placed in the Britain stables and will be sitting in the stalls until you pick them up, log, or they go wild. They do not just vanish or immediately go wild! I've forgotten many times and have had to run back to the stables to pick them up again. The concern with the windrunner is that because it is originally from a statuette that there might be some glitch regarding it, something along the lines of what happens to ethereals when you run into blackthorns. It might be trying to force the Windrunner back into statue form rather than into the stables and it might not be working and thus vanishing.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All indications are that the windrunner simply poofed.
It did not go into his pack, nor his bank box.
It did not go into stable. It did not appear at the stable.
@Bleak please fix

Tyrtle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know of at least 2 Paroxysmus Swamp dragons that have gone poof for the same reason. Looks like it is happening to creatures that start as statuettes. Sometimes they go to stables but sometimes they just vanish. I would be very careful riding a pet across that bridge.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't trust that bridge... Generally I try to dismount and stable any pet and put my ethy away before crossing... Gargoyle flight is fine... what will happen? Clip my wings?

Anyway... Don't trust it.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Gargoyle flight is fine... what will happen? Clip my wings?
One of my gargoyle characters actually did get stuck as unable to fly for a few hours after going over that evil bridge once.... server down fixed it though.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One of my gargoyle characters actually did get stuck as unable to fly for a few hours after going over that evil bridge once.... server down fixed it though.
I'll remember that in-case it happens to me... I generally enjoy trying to see just how far I can get before it brings my feet to the ground.