• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Lost text

W

Wolfways

Well it isn't exactly lost, but i usually can't see any text that appears on the line following a line that is too long to fit in the chat box.
The next line after the "long line" is either below the box (i.e. in the area where you type your messages) or even below that so is "not there".

Sometimes a long line of text will fill the first line, put a few words on the next line, and then maybe even add a word to the next line.

The text stays like that until the "long line" scrolls up off the top and then returns to normal.

I've tried changing the chat box size but it always happens.

T

TheGrayGhost

Well it isn't exactly lost, but i usually can't see any text that appears on the line following a line that is too long to fit in the chat box.
The next line after the "long line" is either below the box (i.e. in the area where you type your messages) or even below that so is "not there".

Sometimes a long line of text will fill the first line, put a few words on the next line, and then maybe even add a word to the next line.

The text stays like that until the "long line" scrolls up off the top and then returns to normal.

I've tried changing the chat box size but it always happens.

I know what you mean. Occasionally it's like the text leaks out of the chat box. Has happend to me a few times. Not often though.

W

Wolfways

It's not occasional for me. EVERY line that is too long for the chat box screws up the following text.

I keep missing bits of conversations. Makes it kinda hard to talk to others :(

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
i had this problem and just switched chat types (legacy,non-legacy)

another thing you can do is resize the chat window it doesnot take much and when i did this it would snap back into the box

W

Wolfways

Well i prefer having to hit enter before typing, so haven't tried the other way. Might have no choice for now though.
Also, whenever i change the box size it snaps back into its original place further up the screen and i have to drag it back down again, and putting it back in the right place takes a little while as i have everything fitting very tightly together on my screen.