• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lost Former UO Player

SpiderBall81

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all,
I played on Baja a long time ago, I found the Install Cds cleaning house today
I use to belong to the LoD guild and often fought M&D are any of these people still around? I would love to start playing again but would not know where to begin
I sold my account along time ago but have an itch again, anyone wanna be my tutor?
Is there still PKing and large scale fighting?

Contact me at SpiderBall 81 @ yahoo . com Without the spaces of course

Thank you

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back to the game. You should have burned those install CDs and then seperated the ashes to the four corners of the world.

There are still former members of M&D around, not so much LoD.

There is still PKing, and large scale fighting.

Oriana would be a good tutor. =]

As for some tips on how to begin:

If you'd like to make a dexxer, get your character to New Haven, buy skill up to the 40's, then find/ask for jewelery to take your skill level to the 70's so you can start training on a golem.

If you'd like to play a mage, again, buy your skill up to the 40's, ask for a cheap LRC suit at Luna Bank and train until you're ready to go.

It's not going to be easy to start now but it should still prove to be very rewarding.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sold my account along time ago but have an itch again, anyone wanna be my tutor?
Oriana would be a good tutor. =]
Aww *blushes* Thanks for the vote of confidence Ken.

When my hubby and I were about a 2 years in we met a LoD fella, he was a decent sort. But he quit for some reason and dropped off the face of the earth. All his characters had Ram in the names, Ramsmith was one that we saw the most. So Was wondering if you know him. (oh and he doesn't owe us anything, just curious what happened to him)

As for the tutoring, well I don't PvP so can't help ya there. I can probably get you some LRC and jewels together though. ICQ me and I help where I can. 312010195

Welcome back to the game and definatley welcome back to Baja!!

Oriana

O

Obsession 1

Aww *blushes* Thanks for the vote of confidence Ken.

I can probably get you some LRC and jewels together though.

Welcome back to the game and definatley welcome back to Baja!!

Oriana
That's our Oriana, always willing to help with the jewels. Sowwy Ori, i had to do it.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's our Oriana, always willing to help with the jewels. Sowwy Ori, i had to do it.
LOL ok Osession!! You and my husband think a lot a like and that scares me. Beyond that I'm not touching that!!

Ori

SpiderBall81

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I decided to build a warrior for PvP use or even PK :)
what are some of the best warrior templates?
i heard Bushido or chivalry. Resist? anatomy/healing
Any help is appreciated

Also anyone selling a house in Felucca?

A

Abyss

I ran into about 12 different spots to place towers and or 18x18's just running from Brit up through the woods and fields out of the North East end.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I decided to build a warrior for PvP use or even PK :)
what are some of the best warrior templates?
i heard Bushido or chivalry. Resist? anatomy/healing
Any help is appreciated
Maybe you want to ask Sir Guildies of K*R about that. I think a Bushi Dexxer does OK on the field (PvP), and does very well in PvM (Player versus Monster, not the guild). Especially a Bushido Archer.

You could easily have Bushi and Chiv, you'd only really need about 50-65 Chiv to cast Divine Fury, the rest is moot. You might bring that up higher if you want to cast Enemy of One more reliably, for PvM purposes.

Some people don't have Resist anymore on their dexxers, and opt to use a trapped box instead. That's up to you, and depends on if you're going to be able to hit macros while playing that dexxer. It certainly helps to free up skill points.

You can res with a minimum of 80 Healing. Anything higher than 95 Healing helps if you get disrupted very often while bandaging yourself up, but isn't very necessary.

What you'll probably want more than anything is high HCI and DCI. LMC is capped at 40, and Mana Regen (MR) helps out too. It's 1 MR for every ten points of Meditation, and 1 MR/2 Stam Regen for every 20 points of Focus.

But I'm not really up to date on dexxer templates, so maybe someone more knowledgeable will help you out. From what I understand, getting the right gear is every bit as important, if not more so these days.

B

Biske

Maybe you want to ask Sir Guildies of K*R about that.
Agreed, if you are looking to make a dexer you should go talk to him. He difinetely takes the gold when it comes to the special olympics on Baja right now. If not him he also has plenty of good dex monkeys in his guild KR you could ask too. Basho although an archer has always had an unorthodox but effective template and Elden is known for having a lot of good gear he could set you up with at a reasonable price. Now as far as PvM is concerned, there are plenty of people you could speak to who know how to make killer dex temps. Taslin, Kronik, and Deadly to name a few. Honestly though even the best dexers in our guild you'll typically see on mages just because they are a more effective and skillful template, but they are still experts in either aspect. If you are seeking simpler easier less buttony templates for the more humble pvper. Ask Therin or Slash of cartel. They can provide you with your so easy a monkey could do it template, but not much more.

Now of course you could always scrap making a good template entirely and join si. Where essentially the stratagy is to create an army of sweedish fish and throw them to the sharks until eventually they can't stand to eat anymore and get themselves trapped by the sticky muck they form in the water and slowly suffocate. You wont make any money of course, because you are dividing 1-2 scrolls between 20+ people... but at least you wont have to you know... learn something.

Those are essentially all your options. I hope this information was helpful.
always serving the community - Biske

L

lubertdas

Mmmm.. Swedish fish.

Just a reminder that there are some self-possessed individuals that conflate skill with external game "additives" and I'm not referring to the ingredients of Swedish fish.

Best wishes swimming in the deep blue.

O

Obsession 1

Agreed, if you are looking to make a dexer you should go talk to him. He difinetely takes the gold when it comes to the special olympics on Baja right now. If not him he also has plenty of good dex monkeys in his guild KR you could ask too. Basho although an archer has always had an unorthodox but effective template and Elden is known for having a lot of good gear he could set you up with at a reasonable price. Now as far as PvM is concerned, there are plenty of people you could speak to who know how to make killer dex temps. Taslin, Kronik, and Deadly to name a few. Honestly though even the best dexers in our guild you'll typically see on mages just because they are a more effective and skillful template, but they are still experts in either aspect. If you are seeking simpler easier less buttony templates for the more humble pvper. Ask Therin or Slash of cartel. They can provide you with your so easy a monkey could do it template, but not much more.

Now of course you could always scrap making a good template entirely and join si. Where essentially the stratagy is to create an army of sweedish fish and throw them to the sharks until eventually they can't stand to eat anymore and get themselves trapped by the sticky muck they form in the water and slowly suffocate. You wont make any money of course, because you are dividing 1-2 scrolls between 20+ people... but at least you wont have to you know... learn something.

Those are essentially all your options. I hope this information was helpful.
always serving the community - Biske

The enlightening Biske strikes again. I love this stuff, keep it coming.

G

Gwen_of_Ravens

Heh...

Even though I am not playing UO anymore, I still drop by from time to time to check out the forums..

I must say this is the first good laugh I've had in a while reading them.. Nice to see some things never change Biske.

Funny stuff.

Gwen

B

Biske

Heh...

Even though I am not playing UO anymore, I still drop by from time to time to check out the forums..

I must say this is the first good laugh I've had in a while reading them.. Nice to see some things never change Biske.

Funny stuff.

Gwen
So come back. You know you miss my charming smile.