• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looting tips?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Do y'all have any tips for effective looting during monster spawn?

I've been using Pinco's in the EC, and it has a "sort" function which puts the high imbuing weight at top which really helps a lot. However, lately I've had lag issues during the new eodon heavy spawn quests, so I have to go vanilla EC.

So at the new eodon quest for KOTL armor, there are like 10,000 monster corpses. I open a corpse, grab the gold, and there's 15 other items, and I mouse over each item to see if it's worthwhile to keep. Meanwhile, 10 new corpses have piled up.

Is there a trick I've overlooked to quickly scan through a corpse for worthwhile stuff, or do I have to mouseover each one? I don't want to "loot all" because that would just overload me with junk in seconds.

I do a lot of t-hunts, and I generally "loot all", pausing when something spawns. Then I take it home, turn on Pincos, extract the good stuff from the top of the list. That doesn't work well in an eodon quest where you can't recall out and back in easily.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do, but I am old school, open corpse look over loot pull gold, gems and quick scan for anything I might find interesting and move on. CC no loot script, no UOA just do my thing and I do a little better than alright.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
When you say "quick scan for anything I might find interesting," do you mean just randomly mouseover a couple of items and then move on? Cuz if you're able to do a "quick scan" of *everything*, that's what I'm trying to figure out how to do.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
All I did was grab the gold myself, no time to check everything. CC with UOAssist.

Enziet

Journeyman
Yup, the secret is two parts. Only look at things that you are interested in rather then everything (See that mace? I want that check it. See that sword, I don't want it, don't waste time checking it.)

The second part is crucial to effective fast looting, not many people know about it though.

Learn to read faster.

This is an essential tip that all looters should know. Practice makes perfect :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup, the secret is two parts. Only look at things that you are interested in rather then everything (See that mace? I want that check it. See that sword, I don't want it, don't waste time checking it.)

The second part is crucial to effective fast looting, not many people know about it though.

Learn to read faster.

This is an essential tip that all looters should know. Practice makes perfect :)
Exactly! Read faster and train your eye to catch things that stand out Legendary, major, 3/1. I tend to focus on jewels, then armor and then weapons quick scanning for certain primary properties. Anything that weighs 50 stones or require 125 str in particular does not get more than a glance. It would be nice to have the time to closely examine every piece but that is not how it is. LOL always frustrating to have corpses piles up and you see that one uber piece of loot right as the corpse goes poof. No matter how good or fast you arem you are going to miss things in high spawn areas. A party of 2-3 helps there if you have one person healing and looting as their primary function in the group and one or two keeping the corpses piling up and divide the loot at the bank. Of course you have to trust each other :) But for solo you just have to be selective scan fast for the props that you want for whatver reason and accept the fact that you are going to miss items.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will mouse over the items if there is time, otherwise I just use the container search to pick up the legendaries.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so when you mouseover loot, it takes, what 1/2 second for the text to display? Is there anyway to display all the loot at once? I read fast, I could pick out loot fast if I didn't have to mouseover stuff one item at a ttime.

Enziet

Journeyman
You can change the speed of the display text in the classic client and have it pop up faster, I don't know if you can in the EC.