• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looks like one old KR bug is fixed (mining macros)...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

When KR was out, I attempted to make the most automated mining macro possible. However if you had a slot in the macro with an item that you did not have in your inventory, it caused a good bit of lag (i.e. if you had all of the large ores in the macro to be smelted and you only had one or two types, it would lag you several seconds as it processed).

This has been FIXED!

So now I have created what to me is probably the most automated dig/smelt macro I have done to date.

My Macro now has all 4 of the BOD reward shovels/picks (St. Shovel, St. Pick, Garg Pick 1, Garg Pick 2) digging 3 times each (Target: Cursor, CursorTargetLast), then the macro goes into a Smelt routine with every ore type (Target:Stored to fire beetle).

The macro actually works and works well! So I can now drain a mining vein with 3 keystrokes INCLUDING smelting (First to manually dig the spot once, Second to use Prosp Tool, Third to mine the vein and smelt the ore.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Looks like one old KR bug is fixed...

Thats great.

I noticed that the earthquake spell animation is now alot less annoying when it is cast.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Dermott,

Have you posted your three macros in detail somewhere else on the forum? If not, would you mind sharing them with me/us? Would be very helpful indeed.

Another related question: can your macro separate the ore into individual piles for smelting high grade ore like valorite that doesn't have a 100% success chance to produce ingots?

Thanks!

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've been doing something like that for a few weeks now.

Target by resource with a pickaxe, followed by smelting everything I might have mined up.
I've considered adding a chain of target by resources with delays at the front, so I need to click the hotkey less frequently... but that would mean my valorite piles would get larger, meaning more lost ore from failures.

I don't bother using prospectors tools, so my mining is just "Hotkey, wait, hotkey, walk, repeat until bored or overloaded with ingots"

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well, I've never been a fan of Target By Resource for mining for some reason... I think because all the times I've used it, it has been very flaky in targeting areas I couldn't reach, targeting already empty areas, etc. So my macro is a bit more "classic" in that you at least start out by manually targeting the vein itself.

So the 3-step macro system is as follows:

First the old "Mining hotbar grid":

The three hotbar grids in question are the ones marked QWE with the Shovel in Q, and the Mining icons in W and E. (Note that Q W and E are actually set to Ctrl-Alt-Q, Ctrl-Alt-W, and Ctrl-Alt-E which are mapped to my Nostromo pad)

In Q, I put the first tool to use (either pick or shovel depending on what I have in inventory, I tend to keep as much of the same type as possible). So:

Q: Shovel/Pick - Target: Cursor

In W, I put the built Prospector's Tool Macro as follows:

W: Prospector's Tool - Target: Cursor | Delay 0.4 | TargetCursorLast

In E, I put my automated mining macro. This is the one that mines out the selected vein accordingly (note that this is the Pre-ultimate mining macro version)

E: Shovel/Pick - Target: Cursor | Delay 0.4 | TargetCursorLast | Delay 0.4 | Shovel/Pick - Target: Cursor | Delay 0.4 | TargetCursorLast | Delay 0.4 | Shovel/Pick - Target: Cursor | Delay 0.4 | TargetCursorLast | Delay 0.4

With the changes made to the EC, taking the lag out of the equation now allows me to do this with E...

(Ultimate Mining Macro)

E: Strudy Shovel - Target: Cursor | Strudy Pick - Target: Cursor | Garg Pick A - Target: Cursor | Garg Pick B - Target: Cursor | Delay 0.4 | TargetCursorLast | Delay 0.4 | Strudy Shovel - Target: Cursor | Strudy Pick - Target: Cursor | Garg Pick A - Target: Cursor | Garg Pick B - Target: Cursor | Delay 0.4 | TargetCursorLast | Delay 0.4 | Strudy Shovel - Target: Cursor | Strudy Pick - Target: Cursor | Garg Pick A - Target: Cursor | Garg Pick B - Target: Cursor | Delay 0.4 | TargetCursorLast | Delay 0.4 |

From this point forward, I moved all of the ore slots you see in the upper image to the end of the macro (they are all Target: Saved -> Fire Beetle), so there's a LONG string of ore types after the digging macro.

Because of this, I then collapsed my hotbar matrix down to this:

As for higher end ores, this actually helps out because you only mine 3 times, then you smelt, thus making sure that the piles you smelt remain relatively small giving you better success chances as well as making sure you never go overweight.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

mine is like dermotts only i use target by resourse
Target by resourse,delay 1 sec, target by resourse, then all my piles of or set to stored (bug)and the macro is set to x10 repeat
this is a one key mining/smelting macro!
but like dermott said it has a habit of not reaching certain areas! for this I also have a set up exactly like dermotts except I don't have a fancy key board ;-)

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dermott and Storm,

Thanks so much - exactly the info I was hoping for!

You guys are awesome!

One question - does the macro just keep doing it's thing when you dig up and have to fight an ore elemental?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes, it still runs if you dig up an ore elem, but a quick hit on Esc will stop it with no problem (or if you want to make a "null" macro and put on another hotkey that will work too).

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think i have found the best automated macro.. here is how mine is..
first i marked 10 or so runes to several mining locations.. caves work best.

i then drag the recall spell, target stored and select rune 1. insert a pause.
then drag the target by resource 5 times. with pauses.
then drag all the ore types and target the beetle. with pauses..
do for all runes..
now just push one button and watch it work.
make new shovels as needed.