• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for your advice... (tamer related)

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,
I have the following - probably old - problem:

Yesterday night i tried to do a vermin champ spawn on my own. I am not very experienced using my dexer but I finally got barracoon to spawn. I encountered problems getting him down fast enough (it was about 20 minutes to server down) so i switched to my tamer and tried to finish him off with my beloved greater dragon.
To make it short: i didnt make it in time and when i got the message that the servers would be going down in aprox. 2 minutes i recalled home immediately and logged out. My (bonded) pet was next to me.

When I logged in today my tamer was standing next to the altar at humility, follower slots says 0, pet is not in stables and when using my pet ball I get the message: you are not the owner of the pet you try to summon (or something similar).

The name of the red greater was ancient guardian and it really meant something to me (as stupid as this may sound to some of you).

Anything that can be done here? I guess not. Do you think paging a GM would make sense?
I guess I would get the usual response I have read about on this forums: a GM cant replace missing pets, etc...

Any suggestions at all?

Thanks for reading,

Robinson of Europa

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hi Robinson, sorry to hear about your loss... Well, there is one small chance the pet may have run off (most often to the West in our experience...) and is just not showing on your follower slots, that happened to us twice. But sure as hell the pets were easier to locate in Delucia than at Humility shrine we can imagine, if it still is somewhere at all! Oh, and seem to remember a pack beetle once ran north when it was following another player that recalled, and then we also had 0 followers at the time we think...
But to be honest, we fear it is really gone, as crual as it may be... And no, to us it does not sound pathetic, we also attach to our pets quite a lot! Good luck!!

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats really sad twins, remember it was the dragon that saved our behind at shimmering a couple of times :). Well, R.I.P. !

What I dont understand: how did it actually work? The server saves at a certain time. So if my char + pet are saved at a location and then the server comes up again the pet would be there, right? So, what did really happen? Did it lose loyality that fast? Or wouldnt it log out if the owner is not ingame (timed out when servers come back on) since its bonded?
How does it work?

Thanks,

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats really sad twins, remember it was the dragon that saved our behind at shimmering a couple of times :). Well, R.I.P. !

What I dont understand: how did it actually work? The server saves at a certain time. So if my char + pet are saved at a location and then the server comes up again the pet would be there, right? So, what did really happen? Did it lose loyality that fast? Or wouldnt it log out if the owner is not ingame (timed out when servers come back on) since its bonded?
How does it work?

Thanks,
Sorry to hear you lost your GD, from my experience it is always best to get to safe place, about 15 - 20 minutes before server close, if you cant find your GD, which sad to say I doubt you will now, drop by Haven and see my Vixen she normally has one spare in stables, if not I am sure she will go get you one.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I explained this one on UHall for someone only last week.

When the server did its last save you were at Humility spawn. It saved you and your pet. Then you went home and logged off - your dragon auto-logged with you, the server went down. After maintenance the server came back up at the point where it saved. You and your pet were at Humility. It put the pet back at the save point - you weren't there so it couldn't

Pardon the time paradox, but as far as the server is concerned, the auto log hasn't happened yet. The best thing you can do under those circumstances is work your way outwards from the point you're restored at in widening circles in hopes of finding where the pet wandered to. There's a chance of finding it, even if it's gone wild. You can re-tame a pet on first attempt I believe.

If you log on before the pet has gone wild it will not register on your follower slots until it is on screen.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Tabby says, each pet tends to wander in a particular direction when it has lost you. I have no idea why, and have not seen this documented.

P

pgib

The name of the red greater was ancient guardian and it really meant something to me (as stupid as this may sound to some of you).
I re-tamed it. Now i't safe in stable. If you post the name of your tamer we can meet in Luna. I'll be happy to send Ancient Guardian back home. I'm PeStRePeLlEr.

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh MY GOD!!!!!
I even saw you on the day at humility when looking for it with my dexxer Aris. The name of my tamer is Robinson.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
If there ever is something I may able to help you with please let me know....

Robinson of Europa

i will try to get in touch with you somehow... (goes looking for his unused ICQ number)

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks a lot!!! I got it back from PeStRePeLlEr.

Great to see friendly, helpful people around these days.

Well, I have learned to log out at least half an hour before server down when out with a pet (unless I can sit on it i guess).

*does the happy dance*

Robinson

Thimblepixie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay! I has a happy now. So nice to see people being lovely to each other, and much-loved pets are real whether pixels or furballs :)