• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for template advise for a solo fisherman

Anubis1671

Visitor
Hello
Returning player from about 9 years ago. I loved fishing and had a 7x GM archer/ fisherman (archer/ant/tactics/heal/resist/mage/fishing) and looking at playing him again. Lot of changes and getting use to them now. Now can the high end mobs like Leviathan and Osiredon be soloed? If yes what is the best template do so? Any advise would be great.

Thanks

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Welcome back!

Most fishers still use either archery or magery. You will find many higher end bows nowadays than 9 years ago. The various attributes available will make you dizzy!

Would not recommend soloing Osiredon. Many folks do it in groups, at public net tosses. Sometimes you will see folks in general chat announcing one for help.

P.S. if you play Great Lakes, let me know :)

Last edited:

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Most fishers still use either archery or magery. You will find many higher end bows nowadays than 9 years ago. The various attributes available will make you dizzy!
Why they make *him* Dizzy?

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are so many new attribute added in the last 9 years...Dizzy :)

Anubis1671

Visitor
Thanks for the feedback. Found this soulstone token in my bank and looked up it usage and will be using that to store mage skill and work up chivalry for a little more offence power. Glad I did not trash it. Any real benefit on getting 120 fishing?

I do play on the Atlantic shard. Very nice place.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 Fishing will be needed to catch many of the rare and legendary fish/crustaceans. So yes.

Moldy Fishmonger

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You will need at least 106 fishing to get the best fishing quests and the higher your fishing the better chance you have at the legendary fish. I have caught most legendary fish below 120 fishing, though I was above 100.