• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for some tips.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I've seen on UOGuilde (though again publish notes would be preferred), that EOO can apparently do 82%... however, as that's all part of the 300 you'd be reaching anyway with a Super Slayer, or regular slayer plus Perfection, as opposed to EOO doing 50% with minimal Chivalry... Still seems an odd choice to go for that extra 32% on SOME monsters (most it won't be used) at a cost of 70 or so skill points, considering you also chose to have 75% less DI on the suit equipped, which would apply to all monsters in addition to the 300.

The Consecrate changes I've seen patch notes for don't match up with UO guide or what happens in game. So don't know on that one. I'm sure I'd read it now does Chaos damage.
Without bonus from Honor you need about 67% from chivalry to reach the damage cap.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_71

Found the publish it was 71. Along with an old Stratics thread where people were stopping at 84 or 85 Chivalry for some (unclear to me) reason.

Though it does also seem that I may not be getting 50% from EoO as it shows that without hitting things apparently., Haven't checked, just got in from work too tired to care at the moment lol.
After casting EOO you have to hit a monster to see real bonus %. At 84 chivalry the bonus is 50%.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To the OP play style is very much an opinion of works best for that inividual wether its the type of armour or skill set used. Since you have a simalar skill set to what I have been using I will tell you what I have been using.
Most of my armour I made by my crafters/imbuer and this was accomplised at the time when imbueing was introduced into the game. So i'm sure there are better pieces out there now such as brittle legandary pieces. Anyway I changed my guy from human to elf to take advantage of the bonus of makingwoodland armour which is then imbued with heartwood to have a chance at HCI or DI being applied. This took for ever to accomplish and i destroyed a lot of peices try to enhance but it was a challenge I was willing to take. This was before the had the tool you could buy to guarentee them from breaking. In any event the woodland armour gave me alot of flexiabilty as far as adding str dex, and mana and LMC to the armour and fitting resist in was like a puzzle to solve. I also placed skill properties str inc etc on my ring/bracelet. Along with buying the normal xtra's that most people use like the mace and shield glasses.I was able to accomplish these numbers may not be the best but they work and I am still trying to replace a ring i am currently using if i can find one with 10 ssi, 10 di, str and dex inc plus some skills i use. Not asking to much but I have found antigue ones but clean ones brittle are hard to find.

Anyway this is what i use if it helps you any great.

Str 143 HP 146 use purple pedal to increase +5 Dex 150 Stam 190 Int 24 Mana 76

HCI 43 but once I replace a couple heartwood pieces will be 45 just lack of time really
DCI 45 could be lower and higher resists but time element and the differance to me is not a big deal
LMC 40
SSI is just 10 but with high stam and fast weapon (bladed staff) and use devine fury when needed
DI is just 40 but I add 50 to weapon, hope to get a ring that could add the 10 more but not a deal breaker.
Resists are 70, 70,67,70,75

Ok temp plate varies depending on what I am fighting but this is the one I use most often.

Parry 60
Sword 120
Tactics 120
Bushido 120
Chivarly 120
Anat. 120
Resist 105 this I tend to change depending on what i'm fighting, like Necro toying with idea of Mystic or one of the new skills but have to investigate further

Bottom line for me typr of armour, ring/bracelet combo and skill sets and getting it to all come togather is a challenge. BTW I once killed a paragon balron like you did but this was like 5 years ago. What a battle took me like over 30 minutes the darn thing kept healing itself and redline me countless times, was a blast of a time. Tried a paragon ancient wyrm once LOL i was toasted and gave up that idea. There are some green colored balron type mobs on an island in the Ter Muer region east of the City and those are pretty difficult to kill. I Tried once but ran out of time, I have to go back and see if I can kill them they were pretty powerfull.
Good luck but I would not be overly concerned on having the best set up possible.
HCI 43 once I replace a couple heartwood armour pieces will be 45

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
There are some green colored balron type mobs on an island in the Ter Muer region east of the City and those are pretty difficult to kill.
Hm, I must find this place when I have time, hope it's on Atlantic. Sounds like a good place for a bard.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so I just went back Lord God to check where the spot is for the balrog type spawn. They are actually South of the Royal City the co ordinates to the sparkle gate to the island where they are is 164 North by 47 West. They are actually blue and yellow in color and carry the name Minion of Scelest, it's been awhile since the last time I was there. Since I have never killed one I have no idea if the loot is decent or if they carry treasure maps. I never see any players there during the times I have visited, but would imagine that they exist on all shards. Unless the EM on our shard placed them there and never removed them, but I plan on going back killing some once I get back up to speed. I'm a bit rusty due to lack of playing time, have fun I'm sure you can take them down with a bard easily.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Found them, apparently came in also around publish 70.5/71. Apparently corrupted life leech, killed one took forever as they have 30k HP apparently. Loot was artifact quality lesser/greater., with 0 luck.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found them, apparently came in also around publish 70.5/71. Apparently corrupted life leech, killed one took forever as they have 30k HP apparently. Loot was artifact quality lesser/greater., with 0 luck.
No wonder my warrior was having a tuff time killing them, they have very high magery as will and can deal alot of damage.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Minion TribDespWOD.jpg Minion TribDespWOD2.jpg
For a quest, but seems sadly not worth doing as you need to slay at least 10 of them, and the reward is a charged book that gives mana free Inscription attempts. Even 7 v 1 with Tribulation/Despair and finishing off with Empowerment/WOD takes a long time.

Would make a useful training ground though.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a great pick not worth the effort but nice to see they can be killed with the right skill set.